DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

This is starting to get a roleplay module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Shadow_Stalker

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: This is starting to get a roleplay module Reply with quote

I must say i liked this module..........But you are starting to take the fun of it gesh, this is not an action module anymore, bleeding, fatigue, rest time........ can as well put it in the role play room, dosent belong to the action room anymore. thats my opinion anyway. Take care
Azzrok
Noob

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13
 15%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems to be the problem with games like NWN, BG, Icewind and so on. They are very quick playing games with alot of action, but the game system they are based on is not really like that.

So, many people do not want the arcade action that this game can be. Because the game is so customizable, some mod developers try to make it more like the pen and paper version of D&D like it is based on.

That is where that whole resting debate was going - I felt the way the game is right now, limited resting only effects caster and leaves melee too powerful. The only way I could see that being fair was to limit how long melee's could keep going by making them fatigued somehow - Geshtal found out a way to do this and has implimented it.

What he has done was to bring the game down from arcade action medieval style game to a more roleplaying D&D style game. I think the game 3rd person view tho really limits this game.. anyway thats another debate.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehehe.... i heard before that, if it wasnt because no one would find this mod, it would be on the reol play thing... and that they tried it, but not as many came or something...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an action game and it is posted in action because Gamespy's system SUCKS. It's just there for advertising.

As far as the camera goes...there is an AWESOME hack out there that allows you to play 1st person which totally redifines the game for players...I suggest you get your hands on it ASAP! We will try to make it available on the Dysotopia site.

MANY MANY thanks to those that offered the fatigue idea...I think it's going to work out good once we get it tweaked. Bleeding actually helps prolong your death and gives you a chance to conquer death and the penalties.

Like I have said before...if you want an action game, go play Diablo 2...if you want D&D, play NWN.

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really fail to see, from a PVP perspective, how a rest limitation effects ne classes, The mage will have all his spells, the Fighter will have all his stuff, they fight one of them dies, most definately the Fighter. Then they want a rematch the Mage rests and so does the fighter to get rid of Fatigue, one of them dies, Lets go again says the fighter, The mage rests, oh wait he cant,The Fighter rests, oh wait he cant either, k maybe later sometime.

how does that weaken or strengthen either class? it just makes it so u cant duel more than twice.

The Fatigue idea is cool, but limited resting is not. I think that both the Brutes AND the spellcasters shuld get Fatigue, but not Limited Resting.
Depending on how mant spells the spellcasters casts he eventually gets tired, so hell STILL HAVE TO SELECT WHAT SPELLS HE USES CAREFULLY but hell be able to rest, and duel more than 2 times.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed...in designated arenas, the resting restriction will no longer apply...so that if you are dueling with people you won't need to rest and won't suffer XP penalties when you die.

Thanks for point that out Glorin!

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Shadow_Stalker

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it dosent bring any penaltys for eather classes, what i ment was to be honest i hate it icon_biggrin.gif , but the thing i ment most was where it was posted as gesh answeard, and no i dont want that 1st person thing, hate that to icon_biggrin.gif
Ha go and play diablo, thats an insult u know, this can be just as good hack and slash, and that is what ur module have been to now, so dont come here........... but sometimes its fun not to roleplay u know, when i wish to do that i go where they advers for roleplaying..this wasnt so bad as i 1st expected anyway, just anyoing, but the fun remain the same

Nice module gesh.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Shadow Shadow ... I thought you were a decent sort until I see you running down roleplaying. Now I have to wonder about you. emot-yum.gif Heh heh heh. What can I say? I'm old school D&D and I rather LIKE having some RP elements, as it is (afterall) an RPG. icon_cool.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: