DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Listen here...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Listen here... Reply with quote

... you inconsiderate fucks. The whole Dyso crew has put tonnes of effort into this server- if you don't like it, eat shit. You don't have to bring the rest of us down with you. Its almost like propaganda- I'm leaving, Dyso is failing, you should too. Whatever. I too, am tired of all these horseshit comments about the server not being good enough for you; because if its not, start your own- lets see how bloody far you get.

Personally, this server rocks- even if there are a few things that could use some improvement, I'm sticking to it- why? Because I had fun here. Even if it isn't as fun anymore, it will always be fun because of the people I know who play on a regular basis- the REAL players. The people who say 'i'm leaving' are people I've never played anyway, so goodbye, good riddance- spare us the agony.

Im letting out the frustration that Gorbie and the rest of the team wish they can do- but they're nice guys- I'm not.

So to all who are leaving- fuck you, and have a nice day.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, not all of us have this view, Dyso has been laggy and had its share of problems and I and many others have stayed, yes alot have complained but natural outbursts are common.

I feel the same way you do and don't want Dyso to be dead, so DM's suck it up, you too Palladium.. Dyso is a great mod who have just had a slight hitch lately and I for one hope to see it rise from the ashes after many hours of gameplay. cussing.gif

Gorbguy! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DONT DO THIS icon_sad.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, hear! Well said, Palladium!

To all you fucktardian whinelamers out there, you can all just crap my balls!!

j00 shud 4ll b3 b4nn3d
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice nice.
You just broke the forum rules while trying to support the server rules, or in other words, Dyso rules in general. Much like you normally do. Dyso isn't life you know.
In an earlier post i said the forums required a swear filter of the mods. Well ladies and gentlemen, this guy is exactly why we need one of those. His whole use of the english language brings down the reputation of the forums and Dysotopia as a whole. We wouldn't need a swear filter if humanity was perfect. As you can clearly see however, it isn't.
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm actually through manually filtering all messages and editing out swearwords. I tried that in the beginning, but it's impossible for me to keep up with the flow, so...
View users profile Send private message
Kindo
PostSat 06/07/03 1:07pm
And this is the Complaints, Rants, and Flames forum. Where swearing is allowed.  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server is laggier, there is no denying, but not many people are Zen Monks with an infinity of patience. You should expect some complaints and outbursts about the lag if you really thought it through. If you want people to bottle their anger up, then there will be even more people who leaves and at a faster rate. The best thing to do is to ignore them and pretend they aren't here. Like what I do with that giant squid in my living room.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt that we're suffering through a period of bad lag issues...

It is something that both Bri and I are tearing through the code trying to resolve. We may try some 'experimental' fixes to the problem on the live server to see if it helps with 'Da Lag'.

So, really, I wanted to say THANKS!!! cool.gif For your patience and support...

Things really will be better soon!

Glith

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
PostSat 06/07/03 2:49pm
We all have faith in you. cool.gif  Reply with quote

Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a giant squid in your living room????? WHAT A COINCIDENCE..

Mines called Scott and my dad claims hes my brother though... Can't squish him...

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine just decided to pop in one day. We just pretend it isn't there.

*Squid's tentacle breaks table in half*

Uh--uh... a truck passing by.
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I miss Dyso. I haven't been able to play as much the past couple of weeks as work has kept me from gaming. Bah!

I must repeat the sentinments of many that I encounter in-game. "Dyso is an AWESOME mod"!!! There will always be attrition of more seasoned players for some reason or another. I peronally know a few who are simply taking a break from NWN altogether until the expansion comes out. To me and some whom I know well, Dysotopia IS Neverwinter Nights. I even find myself referring to the game as "Dyso" without thinking about it.

Yes, the lag is discouraging to new players... hence the drop in numbers. But as the lag issues are worked out I suspect the numbers will increase dramatically. It's good to hear there are those in the know who are cleaning up the code so it will run better.

Thanks and praise be unto to you... bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif GorbGuy 062802comp_prv.gif and Glith icon_cool.gif !!!
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to say dyso is going threw some "Hard Times". It will pick back up one day. Then if it dosent... less lag and more trolls to kill! Lets all get level 20 characters so when all the lamers come back we can PK 'um icon_twisted.gif
Nemor
PostSat 06/07/03 5:51pm
*slaps norrec* icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique, you...you.....YOU FORGOT TO PRAISE BRI!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, praise to Bri!!!!!!!

And ermm....why haven't I noticed any posts at all from people leaving because the server sucked??? I have only seen posts by people who thought the people sucked.....

Which is, hereby, also proven(points to Gorbie's postings)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't complain about the lag, sure i might say "LAG" once in a while, but it's to try and let others know what is wrong when I don't move for 30 seconds in mid battle... I don't complain.. I've been here from the beginning pretty much so I just enjoy and play.... regardless of anything... call me one of those zen monks.

My continued dedication to playing here, even when I take a few breaks to play other servers (mostly PvP for stress relief) (or some other promising modules I like to check out) ultimately don't mean much... my playing here should show support enough for how much I like it, but if it isn't...

Then here is what I will say for letting me play here...

Thank you.
not_so_unique
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30 EXP: 5 / 30
 16%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Unique, you...you.....YOU FORGOT TO PRAISE BRI!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, praise to Bri!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! I DID!!!!

Thanks and praise to you also... bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif BRI!!!!
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... what to say, what to say.... rotz.gif

Well I must admit this is a surprise. For one, when I play, generally I don't complain about the lag unless its ungodly unbearable. Then, I usually don't blame it on the server, but some bad neverwinter bug instead. As for when dyso is down, well, I must also admit sucks when I want to play and all good things must come to an end some day. However, dyso has pretty much deterred from this usual path of other servers and stayed up. Why? Well thats because we have excellent and dedicated people out there like Gorb, Bri, and Gesh. (And whomever works on it, I don't know about newer guys, sorry but you are in my list icon_wink.gif) All of these people who work very hard to keep US happy even though they receive no pay or anything for it.

Do you people know how long it takes to make this stuff? Ugh... makes my head hurt.

I must admit though, I DID complain a few times about how all the cool people were leaving one by one. Well... sorry. Again, just sudden outbursts they say I guess.

So in good terms, I say thanks guys for everything. I'm not begging you to put the server back up, but it would be very cool of you! Great job guys!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaining about the complainers is considered complaining. Also, if you're going to complain, extend your range of vocabulary beyond "fuck", "bastard" and "shit". Complaints are fine, there's just no need for foul language everywhere. When Hash is serious, people should listen to him. He does make valid points.

Griff
Raven
PostSat 06/07/03 7:10pm
I seriously don't see any posts complaining about lag.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostSat 06/07/03 7:20pm
I think you're blind as a bat.  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A swear filter would be nice for this forum, even I have one on my forums.. sort of.
It should apply to all forums except private and CR&F.
maybe..
Raven
Hero

XP
 64%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
I think you're blind as a bat.

Where are they?
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you saying Jon? I'm not a cool enough person? icon_mrgreen.gif

I like to beleive I bring in some nice roleplay... But fine *storms out the door* icon_cry.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I swear is to let out emotion- I swear a lot, yes, in THIS forum- Haven't sworn otherwise.

Reasoning for this is, Dyso is like a big nerd punching bag, doing what the people tell it to do without fighting back- all the people who throw flames at it have to slapped back sometime.

I just say this stops here- if I see any more complaints about the server (except the obvious) Spears is going to hunt them all down.
Nemor
Hero

XP
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean we get to fight you Palladium? icon_mrgreen.gif

By the way, we need to talk about our *begins to whisper* secret plans on kidnapping the DM's icon_rolleyes.gif

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Nemor - Druid
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palladium wrote:
I just say this stops here- if I see any more complaints about the server (except the obvious) Spears is going to hunt them all down.

Talk about mixing IC and OOC..
Spears
Grandmaster

XP
 22%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't punch them through my monitor, that'll just cost me money.

Might as well do it cheaply, and more effectively, as they'll hurt themselves in the process (ripping wads of hair off their scalps from mass XP loss)
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL man, seriously, while you might get banned for that, I find it really funny.... someone complains they die... start hunting down these morons in the famous words of someone obnoxious:

"We will start putting all their skulls up in town square like some damned mongols because that's how stupid it is"

LOL

Becareful man, seriously could get you banned, and that isn't cool.

But how about instead, you annoy the one you know that complained and try to rp beforehand?

Like taunting them or something...

I have an excellent way to have a little fun with people, back before the wipe I had a character called "Juraviel El'Vithir Lanatha" which basically translated from drow means "Crazy Elven MotherF***er" he was an elven barb with 16 starting strength and 12 charisma... with a warhammer and a chain shirt

he was also completely insane, worse than rumanos was.

He would randomly be fighting something then go and bash an inanimate object, or run around town screaming out battle cries and flying into a rage at the slightest thing... he would also very stupidly attack someone twice his level, leading with a taunt... and if by some miracle he beat them he would stop wacking them at near death and say "hahahaha!!! me crush you wussy manling!!! me have victory on you!!! you worthless fighter, you not worth dirt!!!" or something to that effect.... and hey guess what

he was only level 16, i took on anyone my same level or higher, and i didnt even have anything except a 34 ac and 12 fort (no immunes except mind) of any kind...

was rather fun, even though i died alot from everyone, but he never killed anyone... X_X

lol... just a suggestion, might be fun, i always thought it was better to humiliate an opponent than to obliterate them... lol
Mxyptlk
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer wrote:
Nice nice.
You just broke the forum rules while trying to support the server rules, or in other words, Dyso rules in general. Much like you normally do. Dyso isn't life you know.
In an earlier post i said the forums required a swear filter of the mods. Well ladies and gentlemen, this guy is exactly why we need one of those. His whole use of the english language brings down the reputation of the forums and Dysotopia as a whole. We wouldn't need a swear filter if humanity was perfect. As you can clearly see however, it isn't.

Really, whats the problem of swearing SOME time... If you thought that every time someone swears a deamon is borned or something like that, then you are wrong. People swear ALL the time in normal life, but it seems that governments want to censur normal language. Swearing is a normal part of human behaviour, why pretend its not!!! And to the poooor little kids who happen to be in the forum. If your parents let you go see Lord of the rings(or any other VERY violent movie with low rating) at the cinema, but kick you butt if you say shit of fuck, then... thell them to go to hell!! whahaha... no seriously, you get my point here?!?!
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: