DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A Few More Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: A Few More Books Reply with quote

Order of the Howling Wolf history:
Well, as you asked, here it is:
(I'll first tell the biography of Shadow, for it is as much a part of the guild, as the short history of the guild itself)
It all started when I, Shadow Randor, was but a child in the far away land of Harwanna, the same land where both Anuiron and Malekith are from.
There, a terrible dragon roamed the country, for he was exacting revenge upon the country, where, millenia ago, the dragon's brother was slain in some unknown way by Malekith. Because that ancient dragon had demanded the kings first born for several millenia before that, and Malekith was one of them.
This dragon was destroying the entire country, and the dark-skinned humans, together with the reigning elves, lived in terror.
One day it came across the village where Shadow Randor lived, when he was five, and the village was all but destroyed. Shadow was one of the few survivors. After two days, in which the other survivors had fled, the monks of a nearby monastery came to investigate, and they found Shadow.
They took him up in their monastery, where he lived and studied for many years. Until, several days before his 18th birthday, the dragon returned, destroying the monastery. The only one who was spared, was Shadow, for he was busy in his own garden, in his old village.
When he returned and saw what the dragon had one, he swore revenge. But to have revenge he had to improve himself, and for that he went to Dysotopia.

He studied several months in Dysotopia, and learned more there, in ways of defending himself, than he had in all his thirteen years in the monastery.
But, what he id not realise, he had lost many of the peaceful and sober ways of the monks he grew up with.
When he finally felt ready to confront the dragon, he returned to his homeland, and, although it was not an easy task, he slayed the dragon, after several days of fighting.
After slaying the dragon, he went to the old monastery, and it was there that he realised that he had strayed off the true path.
He then honored the graves of the fallen monks one last time, and then he left, never to return again.

When he reached Dysotopia again, he swore off all material things, except for those necessary for survival. He also vowed to stop all of the unnecessary violence in the world.
To these ends he then decided to start a guild of his own, he called it the Order of the Howling Wolf. For a wolf does not care for material things, kills only out of necessity and lives in a relatively peaceful community. The wolf howls to let the people know that they have strayed off the true path.
All those in the guild helpthers, have no cares for material things, and have paid to prove this, and do not go into useless fights with others.

When Shadow started the guild by holding his speech, the city of Eleriina was attacked by Balors, in the middle of the town. This was most alarming, and therefore the guild now also seeks to end this threat.
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: #2 Reply with quote

Drow Attacks from Mr. Glorin's journal

Hashmeer was standing in eleriina, he heard reports about this man named Goilir who was selling mercenarys who was selling mercenaries to both sides of the Drow and Elven Conflict. Hashmeer went to check out the Eleriina inn, his common hanging place but could not find him there. Upon returning to the rift gate, hash saw he was advertising his business there. Hash threatened to kill Goilir if he did not leace the city because of his evil deeds. Goilir left the city, promising a return. Immediately after that a young girl ran into eleriina screaming for help because sylvandale was under attack by the drow. Hashmeer, Xs, Ryel, Bootr heard the girls words and went to investigate sylvandale, upon arriving they met up with Glorin and Jase who were there to help Red and Company out. The party then began to search the houses of Sylvandale, all of which were locked. AFter searching the city and seeing no sign of Drow, Jase pointed out that the sewers door was opened. The party then went into the sewers and were met by heavy glather resistance. Laz Darkshadow suddenly appeared and joined the party. The party now led by Glorin continued on into the sewers. Jase was saying that he had heard that relics lied under the castle. And many party members suspected that the drow may have already taken the castle, and that the best approach was to head there. After reaching midway to their destination Glorin began to hear screams coming from up above. He then ordered the party to move back to the city immediately. The Company rushed towards the city with great haste, Hashmeer was sent above to scout out the city while the party rested. Hashmeer reporting nothing atop of the city and the party became baffled. It was decided to continue back to the castle to find more evidence there. Suddenly Laz left the party and the sewers without a word. Even more confused the party stood in the sewers, "what do we do now?" they thought. Jase said that Laz may have left the party to go help his White Rose members. Glorin then decided to send Hashmeer and Xs. after Laz to help him incase he needed it. The rest of the party would continue on to the castle. Kevin Krumshnell then joined the party and aided us in our journey through the sewers. Eventually the party came upon the great Glather Lord and fought for what seemed like hours. It was a tough battle, and many died but eventually the beast came down and a key slipped from his hand. Glorin picked up the key and distributed the loot the Lord had dropped to party members who needed them. They then continued on to the castle, Glorin used the key, but the stairs were a dead end, they lead no where. Had this all been a diversion tactic? The party sulked as they continued back towards the city. Bootr expressed much concern for the poor little girl. On the way back they met up with the Roses and Hashmeer and Xs. The Roses apparently had encountered a Drow Army in the Forest, and suddenly one of Glorin's part members, Blake Goodmace, discovered that the drow were attacking Eleriina as well, combined with a baalor force. Glorin then ordered the aprty to move to eleriina, and tried to tell Grok to move his party to the same direction. The slightly out of order rift gate stalled the rescue party and by the time they got there the attack was stopped by Blake and some other able bodied adventurers. Many events had gone by in these grueling attacks, the Drow had been stopped, Sylvandale castle was safe and locked up, and Eleriina had been saved. It was a victory for the dysotopians, but what will these events do to the White Rose and Lost Guard relationship? Will they strengthen their ties, or will they grow ever more apart?
Jase
Elder

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin' Journal The first few WR/Lgog battles

Im going to tell the whole story in great detail from my Point of View.....

I was walking back from the Western Region to Sylvandale when i got a Tell from Hashmeer telling me Laz had finally slipped. He was killing low levels in the Lowlands for no reason. I immediately jumped on this and made a Declaration of War in shout mode, explaining why and that the Guard would stand to protect the innocents. I immediately recieved tells from a victims of these tragic acts, including a Tell from a Brave young woman named Terra Wolf. Terra was eager to get revenge and was begging me to let her in the party. I formed a party of people who had always despised the White Rose. Jonathan, African Ape, Terra Wolf, Hashmeer and I all joined forces and met up in Kravenwood Estates to discuss our plans. Undoubtedly the white rose had heard our declaration and were preparing for our assault. Hashmeer voiced concern that the Roses may be waiting by the entrance for us. We decided to send Terra Wolf out to scout out their positions. She reported to us that no one was by the Entrance and that The Roses were gathered at the Bridge.
(NOTE: before striking i consulted Conrad and made sure he had no problem with the assault, he replied he just wanted to see a good fight)

So now was the time to strike.

We ran through the entrance and began to buff. the plan was this. Hashmeer would begin opening fire on them at the bridge, luring them back to better territory. There they would meet Jonathans Axe, and Spells from Ape and I. Terra Wolf would then attack them from behind. Sure enough the plan worked. The roses were lead out into the middle of the Town. at the sight of the approaching Roses i began casting area of effect spells, in their direction from behind a house. I saw Jonathans axe raging against the oppressive Pkers, I saw a Sword Fight between Hashmeer and Kental Sin on the side of the road, which was quickly ended by one of my Blade Barriers. A mage then ran up, i had no time to catch his name but he was all buffed. I quickly casted Greater Dispelling on him numerous times untill all of his buffs were gone, at that instant i saw Time Stop and then when Time resumed i saw dozens of HorridWiltings go up around the road, killing many Roses. To my left i could see Jonathan dueling Chric Arneman (or something like that) and succeeding. I saw Terra Wolf Raging her Battle Axe in avengeance as she sought out the killer of her beloved friend. Then Ape emerged surrounded by a Firey Elemental shield, HE was wielding no weapon which i found odd, he then began punching Roses, forcing them to attack him with attacks of oppurtunity and they would die from the firey barrier. Eventually The Roses returned from their afterlife while we were still fighting what was left of them, Ape and I needed to rest to regain our spells so we quickly ran through the houses and into The Estates. Hashmeer, Jonathan, and Terra made the daring decision to stay back and hold off the entire White Rose force by themselves. When i returned into the Lowlands i began to Cast Unholy Aura on myself to draw back melee attacks, but i was ambushed by Kental Sin. I then ran back around the house and lost the pursuer. I was then cornerd in between the Gate that lead to the estates and the back of the Kravenwood inn. 2 assailants immediately charged me with Chric and Laz following them, Kental Sin emerged form the Shadows behind me and began attacking me. I had no choice but to Pray to Myrkul for Help. Myrkul blessed me with a Banshee who immediately began howling his Screech of Death. I saw the two Assailants in front of me, and Kental Sin behind me, fall dead to the banshees horrible scream. I then began continuously casting ice storm in an attempt to kill Laz and Chric. Suddenly i again saw Dozens of Horridwiltings appear, killing Laz and Chric. I then came out of my corner to see Hashmeer, Jonathan, Terra, and Ape standing proudly and victoriously. I then ordered for the group to return to the estates before the White Roses could return. We all returned safe and sound but most of all victorious. We then held a Victory party in the Eleriina Inn with free Ale for all, It was a Vctorious and Great Day for the innocents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: