DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Deleted

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:36 am    Post subject: Deleted Reply with quote

Because of confusion over class reuirements I am Changing the guild name to Order of the WhiteRose.

I wish to create an order for all classes and alignments can apply to enter. The premise is that in order to be accepted into the Order of White Knights you have to have three people tell me something that you did good for them.
Once accepted you must do something for someone else in the world every day. It can be something as small as healing a stranger or something as large as giving an item.
As part of the order we will use our combined talents to heal, res, right the wrongs and protect the newbies. Itt saddens me to see a part of love level characters being preyed upon by those who abuse there level and power.
The world is a balance and that is why all alignments have a place in the order. We need the Thieves and Assassin skills the same as the Cleric who heals or resurrects.
My best memories of coming to Dysotopia was the stranger healing me in the Ogre Forest. It left a good impression of the world with me. I wish others to feel the same.

Last edited by laz on Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message Send email
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea. My only comment is that the "do good once per day" for Order members should not be so much an enforced requirement, as a task that is voluntarily taken on by members of the order. Aside from the fact that many members won't be on every day, it would be hard to monitor.

However, I think it should be enforced that white knights should be kicked out of the Order for abusing other players.

It would also be cool if there were some special items for white knights. These items could be used to sort of "monitor" the activity of the members.

It could be made so that each time you heal or rez another player, you get a small bonus to your HP or stats. And, if you ever attack another player, you will be taken down to maybe 1d6 hitpoints immediately, and furthermore, your PK-ing action will be immediately reported to the Order's leaders if they're online. This will allow the order leaders to maintain the quality of the order's membership -- and keep out those players who just want to get accepted into the Order so they can screw with other players, and with the Order's purpose.

I think it would also be cool if white knights could have a special healing item with a good number of uses (5/day probably), but it only works to heal other PCs.

Finally, I think Evil players should be disallowed from joining the Order.

Fooz
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: One A Day Reply with quote

I didn't mean the once a day as literal just kind of when you play...The order doesn't want to have to strong arm anyone to follow the spirit of the guild. The whole point is to have people who help others...Even if it is an Evil character who is doing it for his own gain. As long as that gain is not victimizibng the innocent...An evil character can hack the "Player Killer" all day long as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Laz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: