DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Categories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Categories Reply with quote

I'd like to propose that we try and stick each book into a general category from the start. When we end up with multiple "merchants" (librarians) in the library it will be a lot easier to keep things manageable if each book is in a category.

On the other hand I don't want to suggest anything too complicated, so I've tried to just keep a few very broad categories.

Basic categories to start, please comment:

- General Lore: this includes general non-historical facts about Dysotopia, such as the monster tomes.

- History: this includes stories/records of significant events in the past of Dyso. What this really means is events and stories that players did not actually participate in; this is "pre-history" as far as the current generation of Dyso players is concerned. The Failing of the Brothers is one example.

- Events: records of significant events in Dyso that involved players. Guild wars are a good example. So are any DM event. This can go back all the way to LV as long as it really involved players.

- Profiles: This includes profiles/biographies of famous people in Dyso. Also includes profiles of the guilds and other player organizations. It could also include legendary NPCs, basically any participant in the evolving storyline that is Dysotopia.

Thoughts?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I gave Bri when I designed the Library layout. I designed it so that there would be different book vendors that sold different types of book. I think Bri liked the design so we should see 2 vendors from the start (which is what was on my design). As our stock grows we can ask for more vendors to be added.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase
PostWed 12/25/02 10:15pm
When will Bri put up the library?  Reply with quote

BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Library has been placed in Eleriina West. It is the first building on your left as you enter. I have a merchant that I will have available to place the books in then export that merchant is the easiest way to pass the info. By the way if books are made by several people please place them in the merchant. I am going to have to have JaseRules in charge of maintaining the Merchant and importing and exporting it. JaseRules any questions catch me on MSN @ brihurley@arenet.net or AIM @ HurleyBri...I can let you remote my pc and can show you how it should be done. Thanks guys really liked the books. Let's try not to devulge too much info though we want some of it to be discovered. Also I really like and appreciate what this guild is doing!!!!!

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Keepers of the Long Story (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: