DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Joining multiple guilds

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Should one player be able to have characters in multiple guilds?
As long as the player RPs each character correctly
73%
 73%  [ 22 ]
Only if the guilds are not opposed to each other (WG and LGoG for example)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Definitely not, a player in several guilds can't really be trusted to RP each character properly
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Who cares, it's all make believe anyways
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Joining multiple guilds Reply with quote

I was just wondering what people generally think about a single player having multiple characters, and having each character be in a different guild. RP I think it makes good sense, but realistically, a player having characters in multiple guilds could present a conflict of interest.

Thoughts?

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do not see why there are any conflicts, as long it is RPed well enough, I myself was thinking of joining another guild with another character, for instance.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the best way to view things right now is with Skill Guilds and Political Guilds:

Being in the WR and the Historians Guild is clashing

WR and the Mages Guild (now the Arcane Association of Advanced Arts) are not clashing
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShadowCore
PostMon 12/23/02 10:00pm
Yes, but that doesnt go into multiple characters, for one player, that is for one character multiple guilds.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fooz this is a hard one.

In a perfect world and with people I think have a decent amount of sense in their heads ... one char per guild, so a player could have serveral chars each in different groups.

It ain't a perfect world, however, and we know people freely (and even openly) ABUSE the mix between IC and OOC knowledge that one of their chars knows but the other shouldn't ... but suddenly does. "Oh, they're all friends." Yeah ... right ... WEAK!

I tend to try to restrict membership to folks I know to at least have enough brains and maturity so this stuff isn't a problem. Sure does help keep membership down, and that's fine with me. I'd rather have quality over quantity.
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Conrad. In a perfect world, people would know better than to have 2 characters in the same guild. But then again, people do abuse the said mix, and therefore commit several mistakes.

Then again we all need to be reminded that some people don't really know how, or perhaps it's harder for them to rp and refrain from the common "icon_smile.gif, lol, lmao, hehe, u, y" and all those short words we use pretty often chatting online, or whatever. It's an habit we grew with time, it's hard to loose it from one day to the other.

Also, the mix about characters, another crime most (most conry, MOST icon_lol.gif ) of us -I'm honest, I'm no exception- have commited it's the knowledge between their own characters. Ethis and Kuma have not know each other -since I don't have 2 machines to run the game, nor 2 copies of it-, though it's pretty clear on their bio's that they are sisters, yet that doesn't give me the right to transfer items from one to the other (haven't done it with new characters, did it before wipe)

And as a final note, furthing elaborating this, I saw a guy "rp" his best, I mean, imho (I'm no D&D Ruler) he was really doing his best, about a duel, 2 friends wanting a friendly duel, tho one of them knew the other player brother also -since he dueled him before as well- and asked this guy about him, he said: "Oh, yes, that was a nice match, my brother talked to me about it", "You know, he wants to duel you I believe, let me call him", and the guy logged right in front of the other player :p

Inviso, or goodbye, then walk a little so you can't be seen by the other player and relog. That's fine for me I guess, no real rp crime, but in front of him? hehe. I thought it was a bit funny. Yet it was nice to see, that he was trying his best.

Slowly people will get the idea behind the mod, and behind rp'n, with time.

Just be patient dears.

Tada!
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for ne one that remembers the Griff Inn - Griff incident, having two chars controlled by one player each in diff guilds, doesnt work. especially if their opposed to eachother, and u never know when guilds will war.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seemingly, what Bri said for some weeks ago. That "No player can be in two guilds at the same time" does not apply.
As for Crockwood's sake I see atleast 3-5 people being in 2-3 guilds at the same time.
So forget it all, that the LS had to lose one of there best members because of it.
I feel betrayed. betrayed and wounded. And tired. I don't even know why I care.
I know though that Falk did not like to let Hash go. Well, none of us did. Not Hash either.
And now, that rule doesn't apply for anyone else?!
Feh!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
laz
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39 EXP: 26 / 39
 66%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think if they are in two non opposing guilds there is no problem. But a charcater in LGoG and WR that would be a little hard to ignore inside knowledge.

Who Me?
View users profile Send private message Send email
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, would it be fair to take away the chance to do that from others, I know some guys who are quite brilliant at RPing, and Im sure that they, and me too, could actually do that, I mean, it's not that hard to ignore stuff like that, just stay IC and it'll be fine.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doug Fearinson
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all make believe folks. All one ever loses here is time...

Let em join 9 guilds if they want. You dont like the way they rp, kick em out of yours.
ShadowCore
PostTue 12/24/02 10:18pm
Thats right Doug*cheer cheer*  Reply with quote

Meriam
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 9 / 16 EXP: 9 / 16 EXP: 9 / 16
 56%
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I suppose this kinda ruins it all. But I'm sorta friendly with both the WR and LGoG. I'm not in either guild cause I know about the one guild only rule and I want to start my slavers guild after the reset. I have inside knowledge on both guilds half the time, I don't see no problem. I just keep my mouth shut, and if you roleplay it well enough. And this is the same character, I mean. If I had split personalities in one character, that would be reason enough to be in two guilds. Because the two personalities would have differant opinions on everything.

Death comes to the silent man who knows not of these truths.
View users profile Send private message
Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i rp i know how to do it right... so far (this is ooc of course) i have one char in the OSB one in the LGoG one in the mercenaries guild one in the WR one in the LoS and I do just fine (not all under the same account names) and *gasp* i have one in the BoC.... heh.. whoopee its not like every char i use knows the same thing... when i rp i totally become that char and have no knowledge of anything else the others do .... call it personality crises or multiple personas i dont care i am competent enough to do it right.. take an example.. if katrina was fighting for the OSB aginst the LGoG and she died.... on death ... (do not call this metagaming) she disappeared (respawned) and i logged out, my fight for the osb is over... KATRINA lost... now say i exit and sign on as skip and join up with the lgog because there was a war going on and they called me to action (remember skip aint supposed to know) he comes and battles and together we beat the osb... thats how i think you should do it ( and dont exploit weaknesses that you know because you also fight for the OSB) its hard to do but i do it right and proper... ask any lgog member and they will tell you jonathan is their sworn enemy and skip is the loyal protector in the elite guard surrounding glorin... mucho fun for me, when one character dies or loses and wants to stop fighting he makes a grand disappearing act and i change and act as if i dont know whats going on, say skip got killed by vurg in the afor mentioned hypothetical war (a very likely possibility aginst vurg icon_wink.gif)
and he respawns and dies (i leave) then i relog as jonathan and start chatting with ethis in town square when glorin and vurg both come through the portal chatting with jonathan to hire them, vurg pays better so jonathan joins vurg to kick some LGoG ass..... its all good RP my brother and i find it much fun if you do it right and proper... people dont know how to do this very much and besides this is a bland sort of description anyway just sort of an example of how it _SHOULD_ be done... i wont go into the others because i wish to remain anonymous (LoS, WR ect ect) heh heh... same as conrad... he has a few other chars and when i chat with him ic he is a totally different person with every character, whether its the black paladin sidd neverr, or the goodly conrad hollows, or the crazy mofo argus lorncrest he makes everyone of them seem like a totally different player and person... thats how a good rper should do it and thus i do the same

later
Glorin
PostSat 12/28/02 1:14am
the Lgog will never war with OSB, they are good people.  Reply with quote

Uin
PostSat 12/28/02 2:29am
Jon316, sounds like you just wanted to switch sides because you were losing. emot-yum.gif  Reply with quote

Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so? what does it mean if i lose? not like i will be an invincible ass kicker, since everyone has 40 seeds of life and 200 potions of heal.... heh....kinda funny everyone wants to think of me as a stand alone crazy mofo... :: yawn :: so boring..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: