DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Why has Drudley been banned this time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Why has Drudley been banned this time? Reply with quote

Could Conrad or Uin please tell me why Drudley has been banned again? icon_cry.gif And I hear this time it's permanent! What the heck did he do to deserve that?! I don't think anyone should be perma-banned no matter how bad they are. I'm just curious, that's all, so please, I would just like to know why.

Griff
View users profile Send private message
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't get into particulars, Griff, because the matter is closed and finished. There was a unanimous decision on this move, so rehashing isn't going to change anything. Folks can keep asking, I already posted an answer to the question ... and that's as much of an answer that needs to be given. It's also the only answer I will give. Period.

But on conceptual issues, speaking in theory ...

I disagree with you Griff. I think someone who's proven to be someone who always has to be watched to make sure they're not up to no good deserves whatever they get. Someone who will do stuff that they know are wrong, even when a moderator is right there, because they think they are above the common courtesies has forfeited any sort of consideration. Just because someone is "old school" doesn't given them any more right to act like an ass. If anything, they should be providing the foundation for better play and setting a decent example for the newer players. The "I'm roleplaying evil" excuse only goes so far ... after that, it's simply desperate cries for attention by pathetic individuals. We're not babysitters ... we're moderators and DMs. We handle the periodic issue between players, etc. ... but it's tiresome when the reports always seem to be about the same individuals. That the same individuals will ask one player to do something wrong and then complain that they did it. Or that the individuals will engage in activities they know to be banned because they think no one will tell on them. Or even that the individuals will complain about practices that they themselves have become famous for simply because it's a way to be even more difficult. Basically put ... if a kid can't be trusted in the sandbox with the other kids, then the bad kid gets his ass removed so the other kids (and the sandbox keepers) can get on with more FUN things.

"Oh well, they might ban me for a week or two, no big deal, I'll just make up some excuse ... but never say sorry ... and wait it out, maybe use another CD-Key ... can't touch me." That's the thinking at work here, and that's simply taking advantage of the fact that Bri and the rest of the administration crew have always tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Comes a time, however, when particular people have exhausted all those benefits, used up a few second chances, and even gotten a bit smartassy with Bri himself. Comes a time when some prove themselves to simply be uneducatable ... at which point those individuals are cast aside and treated with the same contempt they have for everyone else in the community.
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: drudleys banning... Reply with quote

Well I'm not going to insist on anything but one thing, (I'm not trying to be a jerk here either) you never answered why he was banned, alot of us vet players have been wondering WHY Drudley was banned, I don't know maybe because no one has the balls to stand up and ask so I'm going to do it. Answer me if you want, don't answer if you don't but no harm ever came in asking this sort of a question.

Why was Drudley banned?

Simple.

(P.S. Not being disrespectful (not trying to be) but Glorin and a lot others have been wondering this question ourselves, yet again it seems mr. ownage bitch has to stand up and shout for the rest of us when no one else will)

Later.
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was banned for yet again, not using wisely the chance he was given. Probably Conrad didn't wanted to specify, but I believe that just "crossing a line" should do.

Drudley has been banned. Permanently, or at least for a very long time. I'm in no place to say this, but I don't think ban will be lifted anytime now. It was just enough things to handle from him.

Conrad gave a lot of situations being examples, Drudley did them all. Isn't that enough reason?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time i talked to Drudley in game he promised he was going to shape up, i began to see some improvements in him as well, and then whattya know, a day later hes banned. Goddamnit, i was starting to like Drudley too. Drudley roleplayed consistently whether u got it or not, he played striaght up evil, killer loving, talos fanatic. And then people confuse murder with Pking. Goddamnit, will people handle IC things IC. Im sick of someone getting killed and calling for a ban, im sick of someone getting scammed and then askinf for a ban, im sick of someone getting jumped and then announcing to the server that he was killed by so and so, IT is those people that should be banned.

Drudley was not a bad guy. Houlyster was a bad guy. shout spamming, claiming to be a DM, killing for OOC reasons, Relogging to kill, refusal to rp. Did you ever see Drudley do any of those things? Hell no

its not like this posts is gunna have any fact, ull prolly ignore ir or it just wont change ur way of thinking. Conrad ur a good guy, and u bring a positive contribution to dyso. but goddamnit man....
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Or even that the individuals will complain about practices that they themselves have become famous for simply because it's a way to be even more difficult.

Thats just too wrong, when i did that it was because i had stopped doing it, and the fact thats its WRONG to do, not to become "more difficult", damnit!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Or even that the individuals will complain about practices that they themselves have become famous for simply because it's a way to be even more difficult.

I dont think im above anything

Quote:

Just because someone is "old school" doesn't given them any more right to act like an ass.

I dont give a crap about "old school"

Quote:

The "I'm roleplaying evil" excuse only goes so far ... after that, it's simply desperate cries for attention by pathetic individuals.

What excuse!? Its a damn REASON to be mean and kill or something, what else can an evil person do to be evil? Seriously, what is there to do? (not that Rellik actually kill much anymore, unless its orders by the Guard)

Quote:

"Oh well, they might ban me for a week or two, no big deal, I'll just make up some excuse ... but never say sorry ... and wait it out, maybe use another CD-Key ... can't touch me." That's the thinking at work here, and that's simply taking advantage of the fact that Bri and the rest of the administration crew have always tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Lets see, im NOT trying to take advandage from Bris, Geshs or any mods kindness, im NOT!

If a sorry is what you want: I am truly sorry for all bad things i have done, all people i have pissed off and all bugs i have exploited, sorry people of Dysotopia, PLEASE forgive me and promise to try to be the perfect player, not doing anything against any ooc rule or exploiting any bugs (That depends if the spell Vampire Touch and Elemental shield is considered a bug... (i mean the fact that vamp touch doesnt need an ACTUAL touch, annd that there is no way to stop the fire dmg)) BUT, i cant refrain to stop Role Playing evil, but i will try to RP a bit less evil and as of now Rellik is under the orders of LGoG so he wont cause any more trouble than the rest of the LGoG will.

Whenever im unbanned, if ever that is...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to be mean, because i am pissed at you mods for making a decision you cannot support. In my eyes you banned Drudley because you personally don't like him. Hey i don't mind you not liking him, but come on, you have thusfar given us NO evidence that he did anything wrong. Bri then sees that the mods are angry at him so he bans Drudley. Give us a god damn reason why, Drudley was shaping up and the future was looing good for him. Can you really say he is not contributing to Dyso? He has contributed to mine, and i am sure others' fun and expierence. Are not the players what makes up the mod?
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, un-ban Drudley!!!!! It seems Conrad doesn't like him, Uin definately does not like him, Falk doesn't like him, so if he does the slightest thing wrong they'll be on his ass like a ton of bricks. I think this has got something to do with them disliking him, and you still have not gave a REASON why he has been banned. Every DM or mod is biased towards or against others players, they won't admit it but they are, and unfortunately in Drudley's case most of them are against.

I think this calls for a "Un-Ban Drudley" roadblock heh.

(And compare him to Houlster, Drudley wasn't 10% as bad as him)

Griff
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... whose mod was this again? Who's making the rules around here? What rights do you people actually think you have? Because that's all an illusion, you have NO rights whatsoever, not even to an explanation. Now that long post took up a lot of Connie's time, if he doesn't want to go into details just let him be.
As for the entire should Drudley stay banned issue I am not one to judge. I myself saw improvements as well, but I can't say I have been around a lot for the past 2 weeks (work & social life obligations).
Bottom line is though, the decision isn't up to any of us, and we can protest all we want but I doubt it's going to make a difference in this case.
Glorin
PostWed 01/01/03 5:39pm
obviously but a Fist always wants to Rise up  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may have no rights but we are still the heart and soul of this mod. A mod is NOTHING without the people who play in it. Moderators are not the owners of the module but they are the authority. Power corrupts and it has taken it's toll on Conrad and Uin. We the people want to see Drudley let back into the mod....or give us solid reasons why he was banned. We hold more power than you think.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer wrote:
Power corrupts and it has taken it's toll on Conrad and Uin.

Nice to know my reputation hasn't deminished. icon_biggrin.gif
Although I'd never have thought I'd seen Conrad in that sentence.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My my Red, I'm sure we can get on without you just fine. Again the mod isn't in a final state, things have to be tried, tested, thrown away/accepted. It's in a constant state of change.
Seathan
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14 EXP: 2 / 14
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like drudley, he's funny. HE SHOULD GET BANNED FOREVER AND EVER MUAHAHAHA you know i'm joking, whatever he did wrong, forgive him because it's drudley.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one can do nuthin about drudleys bannin

drudley = banned
mods = no like drudley
mods = control bans
mods dont like u = good bye

end of story, so be nice
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? You have no idea why he was banned? You are not just acting stupid? And you are not lucky you weren't banned aswell? Come on now, drop the act.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Are you serious? You have no idea why he was banned? You are not just acting stupid? And you are not lucky you weren't banned aswell? Come on now, drop the act.

Someone care to explain this?

Griff
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo just proved Glorin's point entirely in his last post. End of Story. Should the mods not be banned for abusing their powers? Good god, seriously.
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Glorin, and Griff, you guys are going to far now with the criticism and attacks on Conrad on the other dms and mods. Red and Glorin, I like you guys ooc, but your criticism is making me quite angry. You KNOW what Drudley is and what he does. He is as nasty as they come and you know it. You just want him back because he was the Lost Guard's most lethal weapon. I fully understand that, but this criticism of the mods and DMs must stop. They are not the ones who did wrong... that would be Drudley. They have given him many chances. You guys still have plenty of weapons in your arsenal for God's sake.

I just want to say that I fully support the wisdom and decisions of the admins, DM's, and mods. That includes Bri, Conrad, Falk, and all the rest. I for one want them spending their time building the mod and running DM events, not acting as a police force.

Do not misinterpret this as an attack on any of you. I just greatly appreciate all the work the admins and DMs pour into this mod to make it fun for us. And to see them criticized sickens me.
Glorin
PostWed 01/01/03 10:44pm
I STOPPED THE CRITICISM AND APOLOGIZED

Goddamnit! Notice how i said Conrad is my Buuuuuudy

Muric
Grandmaster

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... sorry Glorin. Looks like I may have been a bit late with my post. That's what happens when you stay up all night playing and then sleep all day.

You guys will do fine without Rellik. There are plenty of other lethal killers in the LGoG. I have learned that the hard way... hehe.
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really, what, lgog has about 8-10 memebers on at any one time and the WR has about 20-30 on at any one time so it doesent really matter how much of an ass kicker you are, every member of the WR is level 20 and has about 4-8 seeds of life and if you kill one it doesent mean jack not at all they just raise and come right back... like that el vis person the other day, started insulting tempus like "tempus f***s goats" "tempus wears a bra" ect ect very dirty mouth for a paladin thats lawful good so before he got the first words out of his mouth jonathan rushed him and started hacking away at him and he stood there and laughed and each time he was near death he healed then when he ran out after about 5 mins the others started healing him and it went on and on, finally i got 4 lucky crits in a row and he died, he laughed at me then respawned and came right back, no big loss, death means jack so it doesent matter, he laughed at me said i was a idiot and switched over to his level 20 rouge named "mud" and then decided he would pp me or somthing i guess i dunno as i left the area... i wonder how much he would have laughed at me if i looted his godamn corpse? he wouldnt have laughed then at all i guarantee you it but no matter dyso is not deserving to be called a rp server, never will never has, all action, hence why most people stick to the real servers, and the little rp that does happen has to come from the players that try or even give a damn about it, and even at that its very poor... whatever..

later.
Muric
Grandmaster

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... those insults to Tempus made by El Vis were directed at Zedd Fel, not you Jonathon. There just happened to be another warrior of Tempus in the Kravenwood Inn at the time (you). All this occurred after a good ic assasination attempt by Zedd on Kental Sin.

I do want to make one point though. He didn't switch to Mud to pp you. He switched because we were going to do some other stuff. A friend of ours has a new rogue character and he was going to rp the "mentor". We ended up just standing around in Kravenwood Estates talking for the next hour though.
African Ape

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IC if you insult someone's god in front of them, whether it is directed at them or not, they have the right to be pissed. You are insulting their religion. IC thats as bad as IRL if you started mocking Muslim people because they call god, Allah.
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

XP
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Glorin, i stand strong on my belief that Drudley should be unbanned. I hear all the useless banter stated already about why he SHOULD be banned but there is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of him doign anything wrong this time.

In reply to Muric, you are totally wrong in every way. We would not be doing this if Drudley deserved it, as he did when he was accepted to LGoG after taxing people and getting banned. None of you even talked to him or were out in the feild with him, you just assume. Drudley was forced to follow a code of conduct like everyone else and the fact his name is Crazy Maniac Killer changes NOTHING and is ABSOLUTELY NOT evidence for a ban.

In agreement wiith Jon, some of the members of the White Rose exploit the living hell out of the mod and play evil RP style but are still of good alignment. Why not punish any of them for bad rp? Because it does not upset anyone that's why, but it is still breaking the rules. Drudley hung out with us and stuck to that code of conduct else he would have been fired. Now he is banned! What is this mess, gonna ban me for protesting Kindo? Gonna ban me for making a big deal about the banning of a friend? I know he has done wrong in the past, but now you give him NO chance to live down that reputation. GOOD JOB
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

African Ape wrote:
IC if you insult someone's god in front of them, whether it is directed at them or not, they have the right to be pissed. You are insulting their religion. IC thats as bad as IRL if you started mocking Muslim people because they call god, Allah.

damn right and jonathan heard the first words come out of the guys mouth he trembled.. not out of fear... out of sheer rage... and i as a player let jonathan do what he wanted to do, which was cut the guys head off and if there was no one else around with seeds of life el vis woulda lost big time, but then again, even if he lost, big deal death means jack just respawn and no one notices otherwise ..... i wonder how much he woulda laughed at me if i had looted his corpse and left him with nothing on him.
zak_fel
PostThu 01/02/03 3:24am
The honour of Tempus must always be upheld by his dedicated followers  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: