DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Killstealing... and crossing the line into OOC... again!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Killstealing... and crossing the line into OOC... again!!! Reply with quote

Ok, I for one am tired of hearing the term "kill stealer" while IC. Today, a party and I were hunting for ogres in the south portion of the east forest (both players were new, showing them around, helping out, how to game, etc...) When we come upon this ogre. Now, maybe it was my fault for attacking and not really paying much attention to the ogres health stats, or what ever, but I laid it down in one hit. At this point, I knew someone was near, so I backed off and told the party (via a talk, so anyone could see,) that we needed to hold off killing the other. After the other was slain, I approached the character (whom we'll call Dink for the sake of privacy.) Now, as I'm typing out "I appologize, we did not see you," he blurts out "kill stealers." Ok, now first off, this comment is really kinda bad RP in the first place. I don't agree with kill stealing, but hey, it happens sometimes by accident. Anyways, I get my statement out there, while explaining to the other two why I had them stop. Dink then blurts out "i suggest you be more alert." Ok, wrong button to push on a Chaotic Evil fighter. So I followed him and began to harrass him a little, things like "typical male, sitting down on the job," etc... (anyone who has RP'ed with Jallia, knows that she tends to make male bashing jokes, all in fun of course. But she won't attack, only harass.) Anyways, Dink spits out "ooc: u do not want to make an enemy of me" then "ooc: not even being a mod will save u." Now, I (and my party,) was trying to keep this IC, and even appologized for my actions as basically, group leader. I have screenies of these, that show me kissing butt for mistakingly kill stealing. But taking it out of game was crossing the line, I'm thinking.
Well guess what Dink, I'm not just a mod, I'm the server host (you know, the one who is generous enough for the equipment and bandwidth,) with screen shots of you messing up pretty bad, in front of new players that you are making an impression on (and yourself, being a "old-timer" should know better than to do something like this.) I appologized, IC, I harassed you, IC, and you took it out. That's powergaming, period! One more report with your name in it (I have them all,) and I will be sure that you are temp banned. U don't want to make an enemy of me, not even being an old-timer will save u. Four brief comments, and I already have an opinion formed about you. Sad. And I'm pretty sure you'll know who you are.
Shihi
PostSat 01/04/03 9:43am
I think you both take it a bit too serious.

Shihi

Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well said dammit gorb, maybe since you are starting to actually play a little bit on server and see the bullshit that goes on you can friggen do somthing about it!!!! i so far in my experiences have never had a true sort of P&P style RP experience, only power gaming morons who change to more uber chars (if you read this, and i know you will, i am debating whether to simple show it and have you banned for metagaming 3 times or not) to get revenge when their weaker char (still level 20) dies

its so much crap it doesent amount to what you do

PLEASE SAVE US FROM THE POWER GAMERS AHHHHHHH

thats the weakest form of bad rps is what you said above gorb, im not messing around, you have seen me how i rp (or at least tried, lol) before i even realized you were the freaking host (Jonathan) if you remember me in kravenwood at the time i was patrolling looking for some creeps on a bounty list to kill!!!!!!

but nooo some guy comes along and wants to test his uberness vs me and dies in 2 hits trying to disarm me (dumb ass) then wants to test his "20 cleric" vs me and so on and so on and its just so sad im not going to get into it much at all...

exploiters and power gamers are infinite...

:: gets very pissed off at how some sort of real lootable corpses death penalty would make a world of difference in dyso!!!!!!!! ::

Let's power game, friend... because so far dyso doesnt deserve 1 ounce to me called RP!!!!!!!!!

and the little that does go on gets drowned out by power gamers!!!!!!!!
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want names, we want names, we want names.
I'll be sure to have someone hunt him/her down icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truly, truly sad. I mean, come on, killstealing is not that bad, oohh so you lost a little bit of experience, who cares, you can get it later. Freakin'powergamers. I have had a problem like that before, was happily killing trolls, then suddenly someone started shooting at me. I tried to say: "Hey, stop it" and stuff, but what do you know, i was dead before i got the chance to press enter. I thought, hey maybe she'll res me, but no, she goes towards me and tries to pp me, lying there dead on the floor. Now, I just spoke to her after respawning, and i got her to apologize and promise never to do it again, because she killed me because of a kill i stole, which i hadn't even noticed(crappy pc, crappier display, and she was standing out of my screen). That pissed me off, but I didn't take it all that seriously, I just talked it out, and i think that should happen more, since the usual response of almost anyone would've been either to kill the person responsible on sight, or start harassing.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha...hmmm..if i were to say i was sorry? would it help!?

im a big boy..ill admit to my crimes!

YEs sir! it was i, the infamous Zak Fel, Bane of the WhiteRose, Destroyer of the Lost Guards of Glorin, Slayer of the LoS

first off...i shall explain my actions
the "Dink" in question, was a new char of mine, a archer/duel wielder
hearing all the talk abt RolePlaying...i decided to resist having my friends PL me
so if been PAINSTAKINGLY training my char the old fashion way...

as a archer, i depend on hitting my targets without getting hit in return
without a shield, i would not be able to dodge the attacks of season and experienced orges

Thus, i employ the art of cunning and skill...hitting and falling back (also known as a runner )

for the better part of the week, ive had orges that ive damaged until Badly and Near death killed by others..simply coz they didnt me..WELL..the ORGES ARENT BADLY AND NEAR DEATH FOR NO REASON

u think its easy killing orge mages with their improve invis with 50% conceal ??

understand that i was pretty irritated with that excuse...and when i managed to lure 4 season orges...each giving me 200+ xp each...and having them "kill stole"
u could imagine my irritation...so i simply resorted to a RP and told them: "kill stealer"
which was me fault..i should had made it OOC

However!! i like to say!! i roleplayed the rest pretty well
i simply told them to me more alert and walked away
BUT Jallia decided to follow me and continued to say things like " next time i wont be helping u when i see u being chased by orges"
Not only that, yr two other friends joined in the verbal "mocking"

If i needed help, i would have asked...i can take down orges easy..just takes alonger time than most.

Fact of the matter is!
yr party didnt let the matter rest!
u chased after me and became the verbal mocking...i do not enjoy having my style of play insulted
Orges are suppose to be slow and unintelligent...naturally a Drow would use that to his advantage (hit and falling back)

and when i said in OOC: "u do not want to make an enemy of me"
that should had been IC
U do not mess with a Drow and get away with it
and last part abt being a mod will not save u...Well!

it meant..as least in my prospective...i wont hesitate to take u out if "u steal my loot(emerald or otherwise)" or "attack a member of my party" or " attempt to PP myself or members of my party"

on a lighter note..i do appreciate the work Bri and yrself have done for Dyso...since its yr bandwidth and everything

But surely there are worst kinds of things to get banned for!
Like Errant and Constant PPing
Glorin
PostSat 01/04/03 5:00pm
kill stealing is helping someone out IC. Remember the Combat stats dont exist.  Reply with quote

zak_fel
Hero

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said, if i needed help..i would ask
now that PL is being disencouraged

xp is very precious..not matter how little it is
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, before I go on commenting on this, I'll say this. I'm the server host, yes. But, I'm also a gamer. What does this mean? Ok, well, in game, I don't expect to be treated any differently than anyone else. Example? I've been PP'd, killed, kill stole from many different times, and never once did I blurt out "I'll see you banned." I keep it IC all the time, unless someone takes it out of character or does something against the EULA or Bri's rules. I bring this up, because I know some think that I probably get some type of special treatment. Fact is, I don't.

Quote:
im a big boy..ill admit to my crimes!

I was trying to keep you pretty much out of it. The last thing anyone needs is to be watched and taken notes on. Now, I can't say that people won't be PM'ing me with "Zak_Fel did this..."

Quote:
BUT Jallia decided to follow me and continued to say things like " next time i wont be helping u when i see u being chased by orges"

Yes, and as I explained before, that's what she does, being a crazed fighter. And yes, I did say that I for one, wouldn't be helping you. But this was made a short while after you going on about "not even being a mod will save u."

Quote:
Fact of the matter is! yr party didnt let the matter rest! u chased after me and became the verbal mocking...i do not enjoy having my style of play insulted

Again, this was done IC. I was not insulting your style. I (and my party)was insulting your character. Remember... Role Playing???

Quote:
i do appreciate the work Bri and yrself have done for Dyso

Thanks! But Bri really does most of the work. I just play around with the server itself.

To make things clear on my end, I wasn't bothered with any of this until the ooc comments were made. Not even the "kill stealer" really bothered me (the character Jallia.) But when I try handling something IC and someone else takes it out, that's when I get a little irritated.

Anyways, what's done is done. Let's get back to gaming and stop reading about something that is over with. Happy gaming! icon_smile.gif
zak_fel
PostSat 01/04/03 7:46pm
wooo!
does this mean im not get the ban!?

woohoo!!
home run! Save!!

GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak_fel wrote:
wooo!
does this mean im not get the ban!?

woohoo!!
home run! Save!!

No, I said if I see your name come up again, it's a temp ban. We want to make this the best NWN RP mod anywhere, and that means enforcing the rules of RP and of Dysotopia.
zak_fel
Hero

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?!
u mean my name has come up before?!!?!?

whatever they said..its all lies!!!!

i can catagorically deny any wrong doing!
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zack buddy, remember that you cant mess with this guys, as a player you have no rights, they can do whatever they want to you and theres nothing you can do about it, so the best thing is to ignore this people and have fun playing , remember if you mess with them they get you banned
View users profile Send private message
Jon316

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ogt is perfectly correct, they are god and your a puny mortal, if you look at them wrong you are gone.

dont disagree, as you have no freedoms, no rights to do anything.

thats the end of it.

alpha and omega, beginning and end, nuff said
Glorin
PostSun 01/05/03 2:43am
OGT FOR KUNG!!!!!!  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostSun 01/05/03 2:51am
They wera Kung foo fighting.... those kicks in the groin were as fast as lightning

:/

MAX_DAMMIT
PostSun 01/05/03 12:02pm
When ever i make a kill steal (and it just happens) i give one back

Hit it till near death and let the other finish him off

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad way to shut them up, Max. Good to see someone is thinking out there. icon_smile.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone upset about the server owner and DM's playing God and kicking people in the groin as they see fit should go play on another server or start their own.

Personally, I think that the folks runnin' the show here are pretty damn fair and mature about the way they handle things. At least, to those of us who deserve to be treated fairly.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: