DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

New weapon Sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:41 pm    Post subject: New weapon Sets. Reply with quote

I will be making a few new weapon sets in the future and giving them to Conrad and Brian to edit and maybe add to the game. Any ideas anyone has, post them here and i might include them.

-Matt (Vurg)
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not really set info ... just sorta related ...

Bri's been working on some fixes and such ... was testing it a bit earlier. I sent him a revised gloth pack, up to 305 items, now ... it was actually 299 before, not 300 ... so 6 new items.

They are ...Vexed Armor (heavy/evil only) Greater Balurans Armor, Greater Mirrored Armor, Improved Robe of Vecna, Intercession (double sword), Kaylessa's Gloves

Not gonna get into what they do, you'll have to see when the update is running live. Also revised stats on a lot of the existing stuff ... the lower level stuff before is all now at least level 14 or so ... so everything should now have at least some appeal to even the higher level characters of all classes. Radically changed some items (like lesser troll power gloves ... turned them into a monk item, since really no one wanted or needed them for fighters with the better troll gloves right there). Toned down the hart stuff in some ways, but improved in others. Many other changes, I revised perhaps 50-60 of the original 299. Maybe even more than that ... I wasn't counting.

I will tell you this much since I know some will be asking ...

The best "heavy" armors will come down to the following ... depending on what you are looking to do with your character, your class, and such.

Glory of Suffering (good only)
Vexed Armor (evil only)
Plate of the Hart
Divine Armor
Bathed-in-Blood

Hart is still perhaps the best, but the piercing resist is gone ... but Suffering and Vexed both carry pierce resist. Bathed is probably the weakest of the 5, but does give some goof skill bonuses for disc and parry and also is +5 with dodge. Divine is made with clerics in mind ... but who knows. icon_smile.gif Both Vexed and Suffering, due to their being the best DR on one item armors do both carry some penalties for balance ... tho they are not huge ... but I suspect people will avoid them in the wonderful nature of powergaming. icon_smile.gif
Ultrafoo
PostSun 01/05/03 7:38pm
i also made a few items that i will be giving to todd to test and possibly be put into the next update with his, but we'll see.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
PostSun 01/05/03 8:34pm
I added a few more ... tho the update isn't going to be running yet ... other than testing, but when it is all together gloth is up to 315  Reply with quote

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something changed...the linux server is now the bigger server out of 64 players and the other is down to 40. Also when i logged on linux my seeds were both destroyed; apperently they have been removed from the game, at least on linux anyhow.
Jon316
PostTue 01/07/03 4:29am
Oh yay, Now I might have a use now!

No more seeds yay!

/Katrina

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The removal of the seeds and the bringers is a code error that needs to be fixed ... it may already be fixed at the time of this posting, actually. It is supposed to let you only have 1 of each, remove any extras ... as it was, however, it was removing them all. icon_sad.gif
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you need for an item (posting here ooc) (because you told me to remind you)

Amulet of the Ultimate Warrior

+5 AC
+5 Universal Saves
+5 Discipline

(7 is possible but i like +5 on stuff)

thats all i wanna see, make it for melee classes

Fighter/Barb/Ranger/Cleric/Paladin
only those classes except maybe ranger or cleric since rangers are more suited to bows and clerics more suited to spells (it wouldnt work well for clerics either, because of the AMULET OF WISDOM most clerics need) (but do make it an option for them icon_wink.gif )

thats all i wanna see.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue on this is that it sorta eliminates a few other items altogether ... and I do like to try to have some sort of a tradeoff in place ... you know what I mean?

I'd be more in line with something like this ...

AC +4
Saves +4
Discipline +6 (? 8? whatever ... but something like 6-8 on it)

That way if you want to max ac, you can't totally ... and if you are wanting to max saves, you can't totally. The idea is a pretty good one, however ... but I am always worried about spell casters feeling beat up on. icon_smile.gif
Arniz
PostWed 01/08/03 3:40pm
well for spellcaster you could simply change the discipline +6 ,in concetration +6 and call it Amulett of the Ultimate Mage.

Llew

Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and ultimate saves +5 is rediculous...that's way too high imo for an item...mix it with AC +5 and discipline and youve got a natural armor replacing amulet that every fighter will wear making them unable to be pped or disarmed or knocked down(if they beef up discipline like they should) that has a good resistance to magic.
even though mages are overpowered in this game i think every class cant be good against everything...fighters should be weaker to mages and mages to fighters. and etc.

-matt
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty i was playing with the toolset of what you had in mind vurg, and i thought of this

AC+4
Regen+2
Save Throw specific: Fortitude +2
Save throw specific: will +1
Skill Bonus: discipline +7

thats perfect on the 19 mark and it will seriously be a good item

since the other one was over powered
( i wont even use it but this will be a good item, i like my save ammy +5 better anyways than ac)

and i dearly wanna see THIS:

Robes of the Arch-Priestess

AC Bonus +4
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Abjuration)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Divination)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Enchantment)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Evocation)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Illusion)
Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Necromancy)
Bonus Feat: Spell Penetration
Saving Throw Bonus: Universal +1
Spell Resistance 10
Use Limitation: Class: Cleric
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Chaotic Good
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Lawful Good
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Neutral Good

please :: whines :: perfect rp item

lemme post what it should look like!!!

alrighty

Neck 001
Torso 019
Belt 005
Pelvis 027

and the next section, both are same on left AND right
Shoulder 023
bicep 001
Forearm 007
hand 000

the legs section
thighs 005
shins 002
feet 009

the color for it

click appearance go to the 5th row (starting left to right) go down to the 3rd one down (top to bottom) it will have a white type of appearance (it seems grey at first, but trust me until i tell you the rest) both leather 1,2 and cloth 1,2 need to be set to these (the METAL 1 and 2 DO not change from default!!!) and there you have it, with the stats i posted above, perfect and balanced for a magical side of the spectrum cleric!!!

i do want to point out that there needs to be one for neutral and evil of the same type, no difference (except maybe a few different designs, mostly i was hopeing dont change the body, only the color, like the robes of the arch magis) to grey, or perhaps red for neutral, and black for evil, all of this will look great and it will finally give a female cleric something good looking and strong to wear!!!

its not nearly over powered as a cleric could have simply taken a rouge level for maxed use magic device and use the robes of vecna to get the same(like the obnoxious OGT did), but with this it will make more sense, and if you do the neutral and evil ones, make em alignment specific like this

Neutral (red or grey)

Use Limitation: Class: Cleric
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Neutral Evil
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Neutral Good
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: True Neutral

Evil (black)

Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Lawful Evil
Use Limitation: Specific Alignment: Neutral Evil

and that should do it, please make these i cant stand only being able to look like a wierd person or having to wear a BLUE robe to match a color scheme.... arg....

at the next wipe katrina becomes a normal skinned cleric but ONLY if i have word you will MAKE these otherwise i wont remake her like i said i would

(well, at least not normal skinned, she will stay blue until these robes are in)

please of please mighty CONRAD make some good clothes for CLERICS on the magical side of their profession.... ahhhhh and make an amulet that gives +9 to wisdom.... icon_smile.gif

(+10 preferable neah neah cant do it ;P )
Lazuil Oniryukain
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides the rp possibility of that robe, it would be rather overlooked by most clerics I believe. Though it would be interesting to see it. Why not a better staff for a cleric as well?
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, like I said before I am not making any new items for a bit ... I think Bri had quite enough of my 315 as it was. icon_smile.gif That is not to say I am not making any more ever, however ... but the next additions would be sometime probably after the next wipe. In the meantime, you can post some ideas here, surely.

On a side note ... I'm not saying/posting much in the public areas any more. Simply too much garbage and too much crap to wade thru. If you really need to get my attention, you can PM me or post in here ... I'm pretty much sticking to the admin boards and this one for a while.
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

XP
 26%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same for me applies i dont even try to read the others i just read the admin board and this one. Also i'll take ideas into account and i will create the weapon, and maybe submit it, but again, as todd said, it won't be added until (most likely) the next wipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: