DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia: The Third Era (v3.Xa)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
swaziman
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_cool.gif Gesh you are awesome! This mod is going to rule. There will be so many new items and i cant imagine how cool it is going to be. Thank you so much gesh.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooperation is a big plus...I have to shuffle my time between making Dyso, working around all the stupid Bioware bugs and on top of that I ave to try to maintain peace between my alpha testers! It really does help when people just play and offer suggestions instead of people whining about trivial matters like "so and so killed me and I'm mad now".

Hoping to make Dyso the best!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE THE MOD!!!!!!!.... i see your post only is 1 hour old..

Now i see its only 2 minutes old, you here!! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
PostThu 10/10/02 8:24pm
Update it with what? and it's 0 hours old...just made it. emot-yum.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostThu 10/10/02 8:25pm
the 1.25 patch i believe he means  Reply with quote

Uin
I believe he refers to Patch 1.25.  Reply with quote

Kindo
The new patch. If you download it you cannot play Dubisoft. (I think you have to update the server)  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostThu 10/10/02 8:31pm
Didn't realize it was out yet

patching win32...

Zedium
PostFri 10/11/02 5:28am
do'h emot-yum.gif  Reply with quote

Torene
PostFri 10/11/02 8:15am
i use french version, and the 1.25 patch is not available yet(  Reply with quote

Uin
PostFri 10/11/02 11:11am
You wilkl still be able to play on the Linux server, on which I had a very enjoyable sesh last night, Long Live Linux w/1.24.  Reply with quote

Gaeridan
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the cooperation helping out more than anything. As far as moderators go, I think those could be chosen by taking a look at their history and reputation with the community. Who helps out and upholds the ideals of Gesh best in game would be wise choices.
View users profile Send private message
Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gesh.
Any chance of an update of how the version update is going? I'm sure you are already aware of the anticipation we all feel. (no pressure! just trying to get a feel for how far along you are). *smile*

Tiarella Jones~
Raisthenal
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man this is going to be so cool! I was a heavy Dungeon Siege player, then my friend MerchanT got me into NWN just last week. I've hardly played single player (just out of training hall), but I am a longtime fan of true RPG's, and NWN + Dysotopia is *VERY* nice! Now with the advent of being able to make my Ranger a avid hunter and bowsmith......I can't wait!!!

Thanks Gesh, and all ya'll who make Dysotopia really come alive! (yes that even means you, Red, you wanker ;> )

Finally, a new era worthy of the Dungeons and Dragons name for the PC has begun!
Meriam
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 9 / 16 EXP: 9 / 16 EXP: 9 / 16
 56%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to be the only one to say this but icon_evil.gif not happy icon_evil.gif And with good reason, at least I've got two months and my holidays icon_biggrin.gif so that'll give me some time to get this set up. And now is as good a time as any, you see I want to start a new guild called The Slavers Guild. Yeps, you heard me. Slavery in dyso icon_eek.gif how horrible. But I've worked a large proportion of it out and I wanted to wait until I was level 20 to do it. But seeing time is short, the merits of the slavers guild.

The slavers guild presents many wonderful roleplaying elements, capturing:

Image your walking along, singing a song, and then three heavily built men walk out to block your path, they say something about surrendering but thinking your Mr Cool you say no. So they beat you over the head, and before you have time to call for help or anything they give you a pleasant OOC tell saying, don't respawn we'll reserect you. Please go along with this, we're slavers. Now, if you like to roleplay, and I know you do. You'll go along with it, be taken back to the slavers head quarters, conditioned for your working life and sold to someone! A real PC! You'll join their party and be their property until you manage to ROLEPLAY escape, as a slave you have no rights. So they can beat you and whatnot and you can't complain, you'd be like a hired sword but....not. Your master might even free you when he/she's done using you as a body shield from those nasty ogres.

You might even become a slaver, or be permenantly damaged by the effects of being a slave and vow vengeance on any slavers and try to rescue slaves. But don't go around killing wildly, roleplay it first.

Now, there's another option. This is where, if Gesh likes the idea, there'd be another new area needed, or more depending.

Ever noticed the lack of henchmen in dyso? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it kinda encourages solo roleplaying. But what's so bad with solo roleplaying if you've got a henchmen? Gives it that little more bit of roleplaying flare. Slave Market, the headquarters of the slavers and the prison of the slaves. Where people get brought and sold, and seeing you can't go around collecting real PC's to be slaves all the time have a range of NPC slaves that are modeled around henchmen, I have the first prototype in my tutorial module I'm just tweaking it. You go to the slave market, and buy a slave. Your given a "deed" to that slave identifying it as yours. So you can come back and not have to pay for it again, cause there's copies of the same slaves to avoid confusion. You can free the slave if you like or take it back to market and sell it for either half price or if the slave's level, depending on their level but lower than you'd buy them for.

Or if you feel like being adventurous sell the slave to someone looking for one at a lower price than the market sells for but a higher price than it buys for. But if a slaver catches you, he might be a little angry and demand a fee- not sure about this, kinda discourages slavery.

Now, morally. Slavery is wrong, but so is killing. But this is a roleplaying server and slavery gives a roleplaying touch. I've already talked to people on the server and quite a few would love the chance to either be a slaver or buy a slave, or just the idea of it. And if you don't put up a fight, you won't have to get resserected, and there'd be a max of how many people you could capture for slavery every hour, say one.

And on the note of fatigue, I get fatigued alot. And it's really annoying after a while. I'm a halfling, and I do alot of killing without sleep. So that might be it. I await your response to my idea eagerly...caio icon_cool.gif

Death comes to the silent man who knows not of these truths.
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite exciting stuff, and I am looking forwards to the third age.
I have found L..a..Z to be a natural leader and a caring player. He would make a great moderator. The concept of making 10-15 more of the target than the lv 20's opens up a more chalenging and fun world to play in, I can't wait. icon_mrgreen.gif

Grok
MeaCulpa
Noob

XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: oh, tradeskills Reply with quote

the day that we divided to poor and rich... and playing time made that...

will soon arive...

hope that wipe not be in 2 or 3 month...
Kinva
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 6 / 14 EXP: 6 / 14 EXP: 6 / 14
 42%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweeet finaly tradeskills icon_mrgreen.gif
but im worried are we goign to become a harcore server with sleeping only once each 8 hours and food water problems and stuff icon_question.gif Eyecrazy.gif
ShadowCore
PostSun 12/22/02 10:25pm
We probably wont, if im correct.  Reply with quote

Odin
PostTue 12/24/02 4:21pm
will there be a book on how to work the trade skill thing?  Reply with quote

Uin
PostTue 12/24/02 4:48pm
Yes, BOB.  Reply with quote

gloworm
PostFri 12/27/02 3:47pm
Please oh please don't let us become a HCR server. I think the server is perfect as it is rules wise.  Reply with quote

sgtjake
PostMon 12/30/02 4:19pm
sounds like a good idea when is it taking place icon_question.gif  Reply with quote

Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradeskills are coming along thanks to Brian, some problems have been fixed, and future looks good server wise. When? I'm in no place to answer that.

Yet all I can say, it's that step by step we're heading into that, it just takes time and patience.

Kuma.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
PostMon 12/30/02 7:14pm
yea and this Thread is 3 months old  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostTue 01/07/03 10:40pm
What does the age of this thread have to do with anything?  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostTue 01/07/03 11:56pm
it has to do with majiik, ask TP  Reply with quote

truenecromancer
Noob

XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: HCR Reply with quote

Let me think if i understood: people are scared of a HCR server? I see nothing wrong to a server be HCR. Its more fun since you dont always have good items. Also you will be more carefull about geting killed and also you will have to carry food and water, with makes the game even more rp. icon_confused.gif
Meriam
PostWed 01/15/03 6:06am
Yes, but there are already many many many HCR servers out there. It is also fun to play a none HCR server, like dyso.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

I must say I am very excited for the new dysotopia. I have helped by distrubuting some funds to your efforts and cause. I hope you put them to good use, as I trust that you will ^_^. I find it kind of funny how people are so.. eager to moderate. Well... sorry guys but that is a position that should be earned. Earned not only by respectful people, but by regular players as well. Would I like to moderate? I have already made my proposal to many of the moderators already, but I'm leaving it at that because they choose who they feel rightfully qualified, and I can totally understand that. Good luck to everyone out there in the new era. I hope you all enjoy it and I hope to see everyone return after the character wipe.

As to Geshtal and Bri, I can only say thanks. You guys have done one HELL of a job, and I understand how difficult AND time consuming it is to make a module. Sometimes it takes many hours plus just to make one little thing work the way you want it... so... keep up the excellent work and I will continue to do my part as a player.

Bye!

Yuna Braska / Terra Branford / Rinoa Hartilly
KitsuneJin
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: