DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Geshtal Leaving Development Team (Again)

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Geshtal Leaving Development Team (Again) Reply with quote

That's right people. I'm not gonna be on development of the MOD for some time now.

I received a call finally from my internet provider telling me that I was $120 past due on my bills and if I didn't pay up today (Monday) then as of this coming Wednesday my service will be terminated. This means no more Dyso modding for a while. Needless to say I am still poor and cannot afford to renew something that doesn't directly impact my ability to survive. (Such as mortgage, heat, electricity, water, car, car insurance, phone, etc)

It's been fun being back and I hope the things I have added for you will keep you entertained for the time being. Behind the scenes this will give me an excellent opportunity to finish the designs for the tradeskill system and get it all documented for when I return to take it live.

I will still be posting on the forums as I can do this from work and from my parent's house. I'll still get e-mail and me on AIM during the day. I will also be assigning tradeskill items for people to create for the system in my absense.

So while I will be unable to make any changes to MOD code I'll still be working on my love. icon_wink.gif

Sorry this news is so short notice but it's something players need to know.

Last edited by Geshtal on Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one regret how this ended then (my actions might've been a bit overboard). Good luck on getting back on top. (Aren't cases like these where the Dyso donations come in handy? As mod-development it would be a valid investment)
View users profile Send private message
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, donations are for equipment, not for my personal bills. If players were so inclined as to donate towards my internet access bills since about the only thing I use ot for is Dyso then I suppose I wouldn't feel bad about it...but I will not take the funds that have already been donated to equipment and use it to live on. I see those funds as funds that are to be used on the servers and not as a source of income for the developers.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see how anyone would have an objection to donating to keep you modding. Maybe we should hold a poll or something?

Damn you Geshtal!! You were back for maybe two weeks, and you are gone already. Stupid internet providers and their bills;S

Well, I hope that everything will go well for you now, and that you will be able to get back here very soon.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, man! Having you back on here there's been more happening with Dyso's evolution than EVER! (Okay, I wasn't around for like the first 6 months, but still...) And everything that's happening is excellent! I'm glad you won't be gone completely, like before. Hopefully things will keep moving forward at a good pace. So many good ideas in the works...!

Most of all, hope you get the bills thing straightened around. Stupid money. icon_neutral.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you won't see any changes at all...tradeskills are all in design...all I could do is finish the design and not implement it. Nothing will change other than what areas and things Bri adds...such as the guild halls...yet no one can get the guild items without me so essentially everything will stay the way it is right now.
Uin
PostMon 01/20/03 5:47pm
Did you ever think that staying alive comes first?  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
PostMon 01/20/03 5:59pm
I'm sorry to hear that Gesh. icon_cry.gif

Griff

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will await your return Geshtal, get it straightened out then get back and kicking ass again bro.

:: bows and does not bother gesh anymore ::
All in due time.
Y
PostMon 01/20/03 6:45pm
Gesh, something I should have said long time ealier...

Thank you

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go again Gesh.

Would still think that the donations you have recieved so far, can be used for your internet bill so that you can keep developing the mod. I am quite sure that the donors would rather see the mod develop than the server's technology. but, that is their choice. Would be nice of those who approves, to PM you and mention if it is OK with them. Some (most?) wants to see the mod evolve, and some rather have a kick-ass server.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Too bad Reply with quote

Well thjat sucks Gesh, I love you Gesh and Bri,hopefully thigns will work out and you'll be abck around before too long because your ISP will suddenly confuse you with Deshtal, I love you Gesh and Bri, the guy who has paid his bill 12 months in advance...hehehe

On a side note, I love you Gesh and Bri, I don't know about the rest of you but I find the ass-kissing that goes on in Gesh and Bri's posts extremely amusing, I love you Gesh and Bri. I mean sometimes its pretty subtle and subliminal but you know its there. Consider this post a tribute to brownnosing hahaha.

P.S. I love you Gesh and Bri
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything as always, Gesh and here's to a speedy return ... but please take care of the important stuff, first ... icon_smile.gif In the scheme of things, this whole Dyso thing is supposed to be fun, not your personal albatross.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Gesh, Do what you need to first, want to 2nd. return to dyso, but only after you secure yourself financially, it can wait. come back soon, I don't want you to join the ranks of the fallen Lv invuls...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

XP
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am overjoyed to announce that one dedicated Dysotopian player has sacrificed their own hard earnings and has donated the $120 in full so that my work on this wonderful MOD may continue!

This person would prefer to remain anonymous so please refrain from all speculation as to whom it may have been.

To show my gratitude for this generous donation I will be erecting a statue of an anonymous hero who when times looked dim, stepped out of the shadows and brought us new hope. This will mark the day in history when Dysotopia was -almost- at a dark age.

Thank you again for all of you support and thanks to all of you who pooled your efforts together to try to come up with donations for me.
Little Teapot
PostMon 01/20/03 11:24pm
you still need money  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU ANONYMOUS HERO!!!!!!

FOOZ, A SPECIAL RIVERDANCE CEREMONY MUST BE HELD IN THIS PERSON's HONOR!!!

1, 2, 1 2 3 4

HUY
HUYA HUYA HUYYA HEY
HUY
HUYA HUYA HUYYA HEY
HUY
HUYA HUYA HUYYA HEY
HUY
HUYA HUYA HUYYA HEY
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, that would've sucked if you had to leave right after you got back. Anyway, let me know if you want a hand creating those tradeskill items. I don't know the advanced functions of the toolset, but items I can handle. (And maybe I can sneak in that set of Asheera swords too. icon_wink.gif )
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet, you still might need them TS items in, and i WONT do anything sneaky like my god armor... as I've told you before
::glares at mogster::
they're MINE, ALL OF THE TRADESKILL EQUIPMENT IS MINE TO CREATE!!! IT WILL GO TO NONE OF YOU LESSER BEINGS!!!
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
Geshtal
PostTue 01/21/03 2:17am
*scratches two people off the TS list*  Reply with quote

Mogster
PostTue 01/21/03 2:20am
*sigh* That was a joke really. I don't know if you even remember the set I sent you back in October, Geshtal. I would like to help tho'.  Reply with quote

Foozbane
PostTue 01/21/03 3:44am

Little Teapot
PostTue 01/21/03 3:56am
lol, don't let my offers go unanswered gesh!!!
NO!!! all is lost...
i think fooz spent all day on that one...

Nefiorim
PostTue 01/21/03 7:35am

Zeriox
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you icon_biggrin.gif anonymous icon_biggrin.gif for the dontation to Geshtal.

I love you man, i would not like to see you go again!

Sincerly

Fredrik icon_wink.gif

"<LaRs>I have just formattet my hd, how can i unformat it?"

Moments....
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had AOL:

"We've got Gesh! We've got Gesh! YAAAYYYYYY!"

But I don't, so let me say that my hat is off to this valiant unknown hero. If I have wronged you in the past, my apologies. This indeed shows wholehearted addiction - if not genuine dedication - to the best NWN MOD and one of it's most gifted creators.

Gesh: full steam ahead, man! Can't friggin' wait for TS! I just hope you keep them nasty bills caught up! icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

Heh... wow.... icon_eek.gif

I'm glad it all worked out for you. I understand how hard it is to pay bills and work on a module at the same time (meaning upholding a full-time job, etc. etc.) because I do it myself. (Only I don't work on dysotopia--not saying I wouldn't want to though icon_wink.gif ) On top of that, I go to school full time too icon_eek.gif So.... I'm glad you can stay with us. My thanks goes to whoever did that out there *even though I have an idea* icon_wink.gif and keep up the excellent work... I am looking more and more towards the trade skills. Later!

Yuna Braska / Terra Branford / Beatrix Steiner *NEW!* / Rinoa Hartilly
KitsuneJin

Fox worshipper forever~
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: