DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Lack of events

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Darkshadow
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Lack of events Reply with quote

I have noticed the lack of any events recently(Except for that one with the dragons in Dragon valley). I'm just wondering are there events that I just miss out on or are there none? I can understand if there are none with all of the work going into the mod but I can't help but ask when might there be more events?

View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some events made by our Dungeon Master's crew are somewhat on the fly without much more planning. On the other hand, some of them do get planned and developed within days (like the drow attack to sylvandale which kept going for a while, inmersing people with the development of it).

A DM won't announce by shouts. "Dm event coming right up", it's something that you have to be a part of roleplay-wise, right time, right momment. They are still pretty active, so I'm sure it's just a bit of bad luck at your end. Watch more closely, friendly advice.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One also must keep in mind that "grand events" are hard to do due to crashes eliminating everything that has been set up. Even smaller events run this risk but its easier to recover. Falk, Fooz, and I were working on something a few nights ago and it ended up getting hosed because the server was not behaving nicely and every time we got into it a bit, it was down again.
Darkshadow
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14 EXP: 9 / 14
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh it figures my character seems to have an endless stream of badluck coming from him..... Meh just makes it more fun.

Yeah It would be hard to set up events in those conditions. I just hope that we all get a little more (good)luck.

Kinva
PostThu 01/16/03 9:35pm
make a dm event that last for months even do to crashes it will work because of the timespan  Reply with quote

Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Why even bother with the events? They don't work. It's only for people with Gloth uber-items and a T1 connection - everyone else is pretty much excluded.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have Gloth Uberitems and a T1 connection, they're still pretty fun to run around Frantically ressurecting people getting DESTROYED by a level 109 Emerald Dragon, fun stuff... GO GHELD!!!
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: