DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A note about slandering other guilds.

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: A note about slandering other guilds. Reply with quote

I was just reading some old posts, nostalgia since i quit, heh, and i came across a rather interesting post by nefiorim. In his post, which will be quoted below, he infiltrates lgog and copies their posts into a publicly viewed one. I just wanted to tell everyone my opinion on how gutless this is. Lgog can do as they please and people besides moderators, dms, and administration as a whole have no business trying to bring them down because they personally don't agree.

Quote:
Here's the first news broadcast of your own double agent Nefiorim..
For a few weeks I have been spying the LGoG now, being accepted as one of them in the higher ranks (highest except for Glorin).
Of course I had access to their private boards, and I have uncovered some information I did not want to withhold from you guys (aren't I sweet ).. This is the first of many news broadcasts I'll be posting about the LGoG. Enjoy!!

I personally think this is extremely unfair, and as Lgog or for that matter any guild may break the rules, the moderators and dms and admins have the job to punish them. Copying stuff out of a private forum is the same thing, to me, as hacking into their computers for personal information. They have a right to post in a private forum, and weasels such as yourself should not be sneaking into their forums and trying to "enlighten" everyone as to their "true" task. They choose what they do, not you. Heh, i miss this game, even backstabbers like this. icon_smile.gif

-Foo(Vurg Hancien)
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marine436
PostThu 01/30/03 2:58am
ooc LMFAO busted !  Reply with quote

Jon316
PostThu 01/30/03 4:02am
g1 vurg, lol but hell if you wanna RP a spy on the forums, you can do it cant you?

lol, j/k

richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wel i dont now wat forums of neo you mean but
mostly thr guild forums are like you say private indeed
the secret stuff of tht guild are discusd there
but ultrafoo jon is richt here i mean what is the job of a spy
to get acces to the secret stuff of the guild no??
wel than if neao was a spy and she managed to get the second hichest place in the lgog didnt she do a great job than??
View users profile Send private message
Grim's Revenge
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, but wouldn't brodcasting this be a bad idea, i mean, hell now its like Hey we don't even have to look for the bad guy, she's told us shes a spy, now for all intensive purposes, the LGoG can do just about whatever they want to that little spy, like capture and torture her perhaps.....just a sugjestion to the LGoG. Hehe. weirdlook.gif
"I cannot do anything to enforce role playing...this is something that players themselves have to do on their own...and it usually will spread because of peer pressure. If other people see you role playing, they will feel more comfortable playing their character as well." ~ Geshtal. Profound words from a great man, lets everyone try this a little.
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes, all over and done with. Glorin and I talked it over and everything was okay afterwards. Also to be clear, I do not have any personal grudge against the G-Man, in fact I consider us to be friends, though not always necessarily in-game.
As said this was all discussed, it was clearly a mixing of IC and OOC which should never happen again. So in a way I'm glad I set a precedent, so all you peeps can see what you should NOT do.
Ultrafoo
PostThu 01/30/03 8:14pm
Yeah i was reading the forum thinking it was new and realized it was very old indeed, my mistake. ;( At least you admit your mistake, very admirable.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: