DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Cruel and Unusual Punishment in Eleriina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Cruel and Unusual Punishment in Eleriina Reply with quote

Last night I cast the Gate spell while hunting the Ogre Eater and was immediately put in Jail. First, I have no problems serving time if what I did was wrong (I was unaware of this rule), and second while in Jail for 2 1/2 hours no guards came to check on me or to feed me. I could have perished because my hunger kept growing. Can a "timed release" be implemented instead of waiting for a DM or server reboot. Not that it is likely to happen, but I could have been stuck in Jail for days, and there were no DM's on.

[-Loki Kalen-]
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, one of the few cases where the server decided to behave for the evening and be pretty stable ... as with a reset/crash/reboot of the server you'd have been freed. :/

The Balor ban is covered in the EULA that everyone scrolls thru without reading when you first make your character, however. If you didn't see it its because you didn't read what you should have. The ban covers Eleriina proper and its surrounding territory.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Cruel and Unusual Treatment in Eleriina Reply with quote

I read the Eula and I guess it was my "mistake" not knowing that the Ogre Eater forest was considered part of the Eleriina proper. In my opinion it should not be considered part of it. What are the boundaries for Eleriina proper then? Summoning a Balor or an Imp is no diferent as it is a controllable creature.
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cruel and Unusual Punishment in Eleriina Reply with quote

Injustice!

Clearly a crime WAS committed, but to have a man sit in a cell without food and water for almost two straight days! Eleriina is a city of good and compassion. I hope for the sake of its reputation it starts to treat is prsioners like human beings instead of attempting to starve them.

/Quinn DeGracier

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got another, apparently Niap was killed by two paladins in butterfly fields - butterfly fields!! I hadn't even thought it possible, and if it is, its certainly not something someone of a lawful alignment would do.
View users profile Send private message
Shihi
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22 EXP: 2 / 22
 9%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it if someone is using the attack exploit to fight in non-pvp areas.

Can anyone make an official ruling if its allowed or not?

Shihi
Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: loves to kill wussies that run and call him a bitch when he started wacking on them in an arena and they log out and keep cussing him then when he bows and says im sorry he obnoxiously kills them with auto follow if they dont log out again like lame asses :: :icon_biggrin.gif:

i like auto follow, it's funny..... makes you think twice about running from an arena, rofl.... stay and fight, get ya ass handed to ya at least a few times, thats what the arenas are for, but as it goes, using it anywhere except an arena would be considered exploiting since its a biobug, like the wallpush thing...

just my thoughts, not like ne1 cares heh.
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the only one who seems to have caught my point was Quinn DeGracier. I wasn't complaining about killing, PVP stuff, or whatever Jon316 was talking about. I was complaining that if Eleriina is such a good and just city then why did I have to sit in a cell for 2 days without food or water? I was hoping that Jail-time could be set by "holding" time and not by being released by a DM or by a server crash...

Man people I lost 10pounds in 2 days pacing in the cell without anything to eat. icon_cry.gif

[-Loki Kalen-]
Drudley
PostFri 01/31/03 11:22pm
Heh, this will be worse when the persistant stuff is all working, then you wont even be freed by reboots or crashes  Reply with quote

expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm...not that this would solve every problem...but I volunteer to be the prison candy striper! I could go around, making sure no one is starving to death or that their shackles are so tight they lost feeling in their fingers. I could check on the inmates every couple of hours en stuff.

*smiles*
Sophi

P.S. I have experience with visiting people in jail. Ask Kathryn or Laz!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: