DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Trying to get 2 computers from the same house online

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Trying to get 2 computers from the same house online Reply with quote

We seem to be having a bit of trouble here at Linnia Chants house (this is Elvin). They have 2 cds, 2 cd keys, and one routers with one modem. Now we can't seem to get both of these 2 computers on the same server (havent tried 2 diffrents Dyso servers) at the same time. Sure we can get in and everything, but the second connecting computer halts the first and suspends them in perminate lagg.. and vise versa...

Any help would be great!

Thank in advance

[Elvin Chant, Lvl 15 Ranger/Fighter, Half-Elf]

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pyrosmurfs -
You need to change the Client Port=5120 value in ONE of your nwnplayer.ini files, (either computer is OK). The way to do it is something like this procedure:

1. Shut down all running programs, especially Neverwinter Nights.
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Navigate to the NWN directory where Neverwinter Nights is installed. Default install directory is C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN
4. Find the nwnplayer.ini file.
5. Make a backup copy of the nwnplayer.ini file and put it in a safe place.
6. Open the nwnplayer.ini file in the NWN directory with a text editor, (Notepad, Wordpad).
7. Find the entry that says: Client Port=5120 (This is the default entry on install).
8. Edit the value to be a LOWER value than 5120. (For Example: make it Client Port=5119).
9. Save the file, (don't change file name).
10. Start NWN on each client and enjoy dual connectivity to Dyso.
11. Smile.

The problem is that the your clients get confused because the Dyso server is sending data to port 5120 of both of your clients (PC's). Since each PC is listening on port 5120 your systems experience contention and lockup.

Here is a good reference link if you want even more info: http://www.shadowgameworld.net/neverwinternights/server (look for item #2 which fits your situation).

Tiarella Jones~
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh Thank you very much... I had a feeling it had to do with the ports giveing mixed signals to the router from 2 diffrent locations, was just not intirely sure on how to fix it. Thank you again! Hope to see you online!

--+> Elvin Chant

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Aband0n
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: finally Reply with quote

thanks much, it was getting annoying. the whole reson i got a second cd key was to be able to play with my elvith and linnia. The second cousin, Feyd, shall ride into battle with the Chants once again!
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: