DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I should Seriously Become Mayor of Sylvandale

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostSun 01/19/03 10:20pm
I mean, who else is going to do it?  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to know what kind of city Sylvandale is. Eleriina is a Lawful Good city. A city of nobles and luxuary. Kravenwood is a Lawful Evil city. They do things orderly, but never care much about other people. So, what is Sylvandale like? If that question gets answered, it is easier to give an opinion/suggestion on who is to become mayor. Sylvandale Castle....a castle? Does that means there is a King there? Or just a *really* rich lord of some sort? Some information is needed, thank you.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well from what i heard from that scolar upstairs in the temple sylvandale used to be three fortresses but they were destroyed by demons who were summond by some evil summoner while he died (forgot his name). but sylvandale was the only of the three fortresses that was left alone. supposidly because of some artifact of great power. you can even say you'll go look for the artifact but i've never found it. (maybe that closed tree house thingy but it's locked)

(edited) o it was also build around the rift gate there. so the rift gates must be really old.

that's about all i know about sylvandale but haven't ever found any other place where i could get info. if there are please tell me.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvandale has always been explained to me to not be so much a city of a particular purpose but a fortress/outpost town of sorts. Gesh has said in the past that it would be more designed for questing stuff and wasn't so much planned to be a normal city in function.
Jase
PostMon 01/20/03 12:27am
If your elected as King of sylvandale (It's not mayor) I am NEVER returning there again! It'll become a money grubbing metropolis  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostMon 01/20/03 12:29am
Yeah, but those cities are usally the most fun to hang out in.  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solo_Core wrote:
well from what i heard from that scolar upstairs in the temple sylvandale used to be three fortresses but they were destroyed by demons who were summond by some evil summoner while he died (forgot his name). but sylvandale was the only of the three fortresses that was left alone. supposidly because of some artifact of great power. you can even say you'll go look for the artifact but i've never found it. (maybe that closed tree house thingy but it's locked)

(edited) o it was also build around the rift gate there. so the rift gates must be really old.

that's about all i know about sylvandale but haven't ever found any other place where i could get info. if there are please tell me.

Someone that does their homework...

Yes, Sylvandale is a fortress and it is being watched over bu the Order of the White Rose...there is no lord or king or anything...the actual fortress is in ruin and has been empty for many years...the other two fortresses are said to be gone.

The truth is is that the Fortress Sylvandale is a HUGE and COMPLEX dungeon that will be used for questing areas later on in the MOD development...so no one will EVER collect taxes there...it'll have an Inn and a few shops and of course the rigt gate temple which it was build around...other than that it's not much more than a place to rest your head.

I included it in it's own forum because it can be classified as a minor city and it is quite popular and shall be even more once the White Rose is present.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Grok
PostWed 01/22/03 8:05pm
we the White Rose are honored to protcet the City of Syvandale.  Reply with quote

Y
PostThu 01/23/03 4:36pm
Red should be mayor of something... we just have to find "that" something...

hum....

*thinking*

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Mayor of the Outhouse? There really is no mayor in Eleriina, it's a Lady/Mayor...which means a noble...not somene elceted, but appointed. icon_wink.gif

Lord of Kravenwood, Lady of Eleriina, King of Dysotopia, Lord of Krateria, Lady of Jeshan...are we seeing any relationships here? icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
M-K
Elder

XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fail to understand the connection between the WR prescence and popularity....please clarify...more popular with WR members nope there already there constantly ....more popular due to attacks on WR ..thats a possibility too..as said unsure of the exact relationship of WR and popularity in many quarters the opposite is true..
View users profile Send private message
Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Laughing* M-K, it is true that The Order of the White Rose has numerous enemies, but Geshtal's point was simple. The WR has many members, as do the other guilds such as your Lost Guard of Glorin. Since our guild hall has been placed in Sylvandale, and we have been appointed protectors of the city, we will be there more often. Thus, more people in Sylvandale.
M-K
PostThu 01/23/03 6:01pm
but you already live in the sewers why you need a house???????  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostThu 01/23/03 6:16pm
LOL  Reply with quote

kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that wasnt nice m-k. we dont all live in the sewers like you. we simply visting the sewers we spend most are time in the city itself.
And i congradulate solo core for doing his home work. Not everyone can tell the tale of sylvandel.

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
African Ape
PostFri 02/07/03 2:35am
Kental, Kental, Kental... Where would we be without you?  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
Someone that does their homework...

kental-sin wrote:
And i congradulate solo core for doing his home work. Not everyone can tell the tale of sylvandel.

maybe I should be mayor of sylvandale emot-yum.gif
j/k icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive work Kental took you 2+ weeks to think up that reply.
Or are you just short of posts?
Personally I leave sewer expertise living camping expresion in your ever so cabable hands Kental.
Oh yes where oh where would we be without you..???????

*****THERE WILL BE A PRIZE FOR THE WITTIEST ANSWER TO THAT ONE***
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Solo_Core
PostFri 02/07/03 5:28pm
stop attacking kental if he has done something wrong you can simply post it somewhere but stop these personal attacks.  Reply with quote

kental-sin
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33 EXP: 1 / 33
 3%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you solo core these people harase me all the time. No it didnt take me weeks to do this. i judt felt i didnt need to post anything untill i had some feelings about the subject.

Tempest Steel
View users profile Send private message Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Sylvandale All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: