DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The trees are taking over!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Are the trees taking over?
Yes, most deffinetly, cut them down!
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No, I like the trees there and I will chain myself to one if I have too!
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
You are a complete Idiot Grim!!!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Grim's Revenge
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: The trees are taking over!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Reply with quote

I'm not sure if i am the only one or not, but I'v been getting awfully annoyed with some of the new trees. I know it sounds really stupid, but I'v died at there branches a few times now. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the trades skills and having to chop wood, thats super cool. But I think there are getting to be a few too many trees. They get cluttered and it makes it hard to click where you wnat your character to go sometimes(especially in kravenwood and the path to it) Sometimes I get stuck at an angle where my only option is to click on a tree, and when there are a bunch of trolls around me, I too worried about the monsters to have any other thoughts, and alas i die. It sucks, and i was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or maybe i am just an idiot.
"I cannot do anything to enforce role playing...this is something that players themselves have to do on their own...and it usually will spread because of peer pressure. If other people see you role playing, they will feel more comfortable playing their character as well." ~ Geshtal. Profound words from a great man, lets everyone try this a little.
View users profile Send private message
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think it's a problem too. Is there any way to reduce or eliminate the "aura" around the trees, or is that hard-coded into the engine? If it is, then maybe all the wood-providing trees should be kept permanently as Saplings, and not allowed to "grow" so they won't get in the way.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Grim's Revenge
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not saying make them sapplings here, really I just think there should be a few less of them, there are like 20 sumthin in the path to kraven alone(i didn't coun't so don't quote me on this) I'm just saying they should either A) be spread out a little bit more, or B) some of them should be cut down. I know for a fact that in kraven lowlands there are three at the end of that little peninsula, or whatever it is, and they are right on top of where the trolls respawn. Like i said, i like the trees alot, it ads to the game, gives people more things to do, but i think they are toooooo cluttered.
"I cannot do anything to enforce role playing...this is something that players themselves have to do on their own...and it usually will spread because of peer pressure. If other people see you role playing, they will feel more comfortable playing their character as well." ~ Geshtal. Profound words from a great man, lets everyone try this a little.
richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted you an idiot but hey that was for the fun icon_razz.gif

you are richt about the clutterd trees at some places there are alot but

i'm happy gesh didnt put the ogre full of choppable tree's otherwise whe had a real problem to walk true it icon_razz.gif
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way only the trunks of the trees are clickable? It's the huge leafy canopy that gets in my way.

There is a minor way to get around it, if you walk with the mouse. Click somewhere really close to your feet and hold the mouse button down. That should give you a narrow arrow instead of the normal cursor. Just steer the arrow in the direction you want to go. The trees won't be clickable while you're running that way.

The other options are to move with the keyboard (awds keys) or get a camera hak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: