DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The High Council
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Here, this whole council thing has been blown way out of proportion. I joined the group to continue doing something that I was already doing, just in an organization to help spread the fun. We're not a bunch of power-nazis out throw all of your characters in jail forever, or to break your bank. I think the biggest payment I've ever asked for (and this was before the Council) was for the guilty party to pay the accuser 5000gp, and apology, and a promise to leave each other alone in the future if possible, this is practically nothing on Dyso, but you know it settles the dispute. The victim feels like justice has been served and the guilty doesn't lose much of anything in the process. It is a hell of a lot of fun to role-play when both sides will play it. I've only been on the judge/moderator side but I've never had any complaints. Well outside of D@N who was quite upset that I wasn't a DM and couldn't ban Kental or something for supposedly stealing 300,000gp worth of crap from him. Anyhow back to my point, this is a fun organization not a power seeking faction. We have no vested interest in this other than our characters support the law and we feel that it is a good rping oppertunity for many.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ectovult wrote:
Actually Uin, you're missing an important point here... this is a RP server... and if people are willing to RP (which unfortunatly, doesnt happen much) we can perfectly jail and fine people... jail keys and things like that wouldnt be necessary if people went along with the game....
but NNOOOO... they just want to powergame their way to the top, and be the best around...

He's not missing the point... there are lots of people running around who think that you're mods/DMs, cause the jail/fine announcements all sounded very OOC. Actually a friend of mine (who just started) got the impression that your council is/you are the builders/DMs of this server icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not even RP allowed to jail folk and would be caught by any guards for applying punishments to anyone. But I'm talking about what Dreamin' means. I thought it was plainly obviously not to go shouting your mouth off that your gonna punish folk when you can't, and are very unlikely to ever be permitted to.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this discussion is pretty useless...

We are Role Playing... so I suggest you all do the same...
If you find our actions ilegal, then manage them IC... wouldnt it be much more fun?
Uin
PostSat 02/15/03 4:42pm
No, because posing as an authority your not is a EULA/OoC type offense.  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're are not posing as an authority... jesus christ...

Look... I dont want trouble with you, or with anyone... so lets just end this discussion...
I dont want to mention again what i said to you in the PM...
We are doing this by the rules, and I already explained that to you...

Damn you guys... Ive never seen so much ranting about a godamn guild... It's actually starting to be rather annoying...
VengefulTick
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 8 / 20 EXP: 8 / 20 EXP: 8 / 20
 40%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright look. I'm pretty new here....but here are my 2 cents.

The "High Council". NO, they don't have any "official" authority. BUT that is the fun of it. YES they are vigilanties....BUT THAT IS THE FUN OF IT!

Just let them ever try to fine/jail me....I WILL RP...of course, for my character, he will never recognize them as anything other than vigilanties, and that could lead to alot of fun RPing situations.

Just give them a damn chance and stop being so fricken' closed minded.

"...but you don't have any real authority"

THAT IS THE FRICKEN PIONT...SHUT UP ALREADY!!!

Have fun with it, that is what it is meant for....they are only trying to improve everyones opportunity for good RPing, to include themselves.

If you want to do something about it...lead a group of ppl to disban them, but do it IC, and in DYSOTOPIA, not here.

Thank you.

Don't bother running....you'll just die tired.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about you both be quiet and kill eachother

the high council as i see it is a chaotic good organization, they dont have permission of ne one to do their goodness but they do it ne ways, because they see it as needed. They can Jail and fine as much as they like, it is infact against the law but hell They are making their own laws.

they've done a good job so far with the Nel execution!
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
VengefulTick
PostSat 02/15/03 7:25pm
oooooooo deal.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: