DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums
 
GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Waiting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The Kraken Society (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Author Message
snewo
Master


Joined: 05 Nov 2002
Posts: 232

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*After a few ales with Morganis, Snewo is feeling more sure of himself. Snewo wanders into the middle of everyone*

OK! *hick* I think I see exactly what you three are doing. The First seems to represent strength. The Second seems to represent knowledge. The Third seems to represent wisdom. *sways* At least that how I'm seeing it. Now I hear what you said about the organization, and I like it. But there is so much information missing. Will we be able to aquire our own residence? What if I have goals too? Take my tavern for instance. *hick* I want to open a tavern someday. It's been a lifelong goal actually. Will you assist me? How about Morganis' questions about enforcers? We will need to fight people who wrong us or the innocents of the city. *shuffles his feet to regain balance*

What if we are attacked? Where do you three come in? Do I need to ask permission before buying stuff? What about guild wars? *loses his train of thought*

You know what I mean, give us more information.

*stumbles back over to Morganis and grabs another ale*
_________________
It's all about the ale.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third rises from it's seat again and slowly walks over to Morganis, Longinus and Snewo. It pays for four ales and distributes them accordingly. Speaking directly to Snewo, but talking loud enough for all to hear it addresses the questions posed.

Interesting deduction Snewo. I never really thought that we represented those traits, but I do not think you are wrong in your views. The First is really strong and, when posed with questions pertaining to battle situations and tactics, that is where I recommend you go for advice. If you seek information about our organization, history, or news about others, The Second is really the best place for that as she is a great information broker. Now to me. Am I wise? A truly wise person would not answer that question. It is through wisdom that you learn just how much you do not know. As such, it is difficult to consider one's self wise while knowing you do not know about a great many things. I would like to think that I have an interesting perspective on people and society in general. I wish to be your council, your guidance, your friend. The Voices will remain in Dysotopia for an undetermined amount of time. I will make myself available to everyone if they have any questions. My door is always open. If we do aquire a residence, you will most likely find me there. I do not wander around in public often.

For answers to the other questions you posed, I will defer to the Voices that are more in tuned with those topics. Strength and Intelligence are needed to answer those. The Third lets out a huge bellowing laugh

Now Morganis, tell me of your lord Papp.
_________________
"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Longjinus
Mortal


Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Posts: 32

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11
 45%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* LJ looks up and his eyes open meet the shadowy figure of Third Triumvirate---he stares and draws a dagger...cutting his palm he says * I spill my blood for you in in a show of friendship! I will spill our enemies blood as ordered. This I promise you. Keep your promises and I will keep mine. You have my sword, my life my soul...belongs to my god! *LJ stumbles back to Snewo and Morganis and sings a song*

OI OI OI
Hail to Papp
He lead us from our youth
To glory in the land of Bravehart
He guides us in spirt, mind and heart
Hail Papp Hail Papp Hail Papp
OI OI OI

Hail PAPP and pass the ALE! * He colapes next to Snewo and Morganis * Sorry about the blood on your armor Snewo he says * LJ slips into a blank stare *
_________________
"You have been weighed--you have been measured--and you have been found wanting!"
Papp Chupa
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Morganis Evan
Noob


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** The song sung by Longjinus startles Morganis who is starting at Rose in an odd fashion.**

Ahhhh... I have not heard that song since Bootr sang it in old Ruins.
Where do we start with Papp. He is a kindly soul, but his wrath is not something that you wish to see. Papp is everywhere. You can not escape him. Loook for the horned helmet and you shall see Papp.

Now BRING ON THE DANCING GIRLS.... *Morganis slobers and falls backwards off of his chair....* icon_twisted.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Rose meets the gaze of Morganis. She mutters…*

There’s not enough ale on the island.

*She suddenly reaches for her ale and takes a long drink, finding herself not convinced by her statement. Shaking her mind clear, she gestures broadly with her hands…*

There are his hopes and dreams in a nutshell.

*Rose glances around the room, trying to make eye contact with someone else and change the topic.*

You asked about muscle. My fists don’t do the damage of the axes and swords wielded by others here, but I am hard to hit. If you have need to distract and frustrate, I can probably be of assistance.
_________________
~River Philco, a woman of many talents
Living on the outskirts of Dysotopian society
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Morganis Evan
Noob


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cussing.gif
Morganis, sensing a "tension" with Rose, picks himself off the floor and once again begins to slug his ale.

I am still waiting for my answer!!! I am sorry for being angry, but I have seen many a society fall in my long days. I want to understand how we will protect ourselves against those who seek our failure!

Hashmeere!!! **spits on thje floor*** You can bet that he will come calling. What will we have in place to defend our way of life. We need a few "mudders". Those who will perform unspeakable tasks for the betterment of the society. Live in the mud!

I know that Longjinus dePapp thinks the same way as I do. We seek answers!

**Morganis sips his ale, motions for another round, and slips into deep thought of his one time encounter with Sequoia*** icon_razz.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Longjinus
Mortal


Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Posts: 32

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*LJ wipes the drowl from his bottom lip after guzzling another ale* Yeah! What Morganis said. Are the MMMMMMMMighty Triumvvvvvvvirate ready to answerrrrrrrrrrrrrr *LJ once again slips into a blank stair...*
_________________
"You have been weighed--you have been measured--and you have been found wanting!"
Papp Chupa
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
FirstOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 12

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8 EXP: 2 / 8
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"shakes off dust from robe and stands"
Im sorry for the silence I have been casting my gaze over the Island getting a sense of its curents and people.Yes Longjinus you deserve an answer and ill try to give you one.There are those elements that clearly wish to sow strife and discord some clearly others under a guise of peace and harmony.So what to do if we are faced by them or members of our Family accosted by them.For in that lies a quandry if we are to bring order and justice by example who are we to impose it.?Yet do we allow the culprits to walk freely?If we believe in the Law how can we break it and act no better than those we condemn for we are not the authorities.
I believe the answer lies in duallistic approach the first part of which will require great self discipline more than some will be able to handle.If you are attacked or robbed I ask that you only record the event ((screen shot nice if possible.and report it here to the Speakers.Losses incurred will be reimbursed by the group new swords and such purchased.We will then raise the matter with the appointed magistrates of the King if aplicable and await a decision.Thus we have acted within the law and properly and are open to criticism from none.If we look weak so be it at times it is prudent to look like a sheep and hide ones claws.But if the authorities do not act we shall then unleash our wrath.I have not yet introduced you to the "Unseen Hand" through them we shall reap vengeance if our requests are ignored.For i fear there is corruption in certain organizations especially those of Kraven who from conversations I have overheard ignore the lawness of certain people.But we are here to offer law and order so let us give these forces the first chance to act if they fail to well then?
If any of you feel you are candidates for the "Unseen Hand" please speak.The Hand are agents of retribution and never act without instruction or outside of those instructions there loyalty is unquestioned and there actions swift and deadly.I am willing to introduce those who are intrested and who can obey orders to the Hands acting commander.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Mogster
Master


Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Posts: 186

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC: I'm not really late icon_wink.gif it's the forum's fault. I sent Tia a message about the new guild on the 1st but she never got it. icon_sad.gif )

Leiria shifts uncomfortably in her seat as she glances around the room. It's clear the hooded figures make her nervous, and the drunken singing makes her annoyed.

"I'm here at the behest of Lady Tiarella," she begins. "She invited me as a friend to join her in this new guild. I met Glorin once, about three weeks ago. His praise of the Mad God and claims of founding a church of Cyric with the Lost Guard were very disturbing. I don't scare easily, but I'm not ashamed to say that I was frightened by Glorin. He represents a dangerous threat to this land which must be countered.

(more coming later)
_________________
AKA: Insomnia@GameFAQs, SarcophaGuy@Bioboards
MerchanT wrote:
I don't think Conrad's common-sense rules of engagement need to be spoiled by this "Rolier than Thou" stuff.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ThirdOfTriumvirate
Mortal


Joined: 31 Jan 2003
Posts: 14

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8 EXP: 4 / 8
 50%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The Third pushes the ale away and clears it's throat to speak. Tapping Morganis on the shoulder it speaks*

Morganis, those words were obviously meant for your ears as well.

*Ordering another round and distributing them to the drinking few, the Third starts to rummage in it's pack. It pulls out a worn leather bound book with a few ribbons marking some pages.*

I have found these words of wisdom to be especially important when counseling adventurers in our Society. Perhaps these three bits of wisdom will help you see that of which the First speaks:

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults.

The secret of all power is - save your force. If you want high pressure you must choke off waste.

A good reputation is more valuable than money.

And, of course, one last bit of wisdom that I hold dear:

He was a wise man who invented beer. ((Plato in case you were curious))


*The Third carefully closes it's book and places it back in it's pack. As it opens, a number of books are visible. One with the words "Respect the Law" can be seen on the top. It's obvious that it has been read a great many times. Nudging Longjinus, Morganis, and Snewo it points to that book and speaks*

We use laws to correct evil deeds, yet law is not directly connected to evil. Sometimes evil must be vanquished, yet always remember the law.

*The Third places it's empty ale on the bar and stops drinking.*

Morganis, Longjinus, & Snewo, I still wish to know more of this Papp. I have not heard of him before, and I try to aquire as much knowledge as possible. Can you tell me a tale or two? I wish to keep my wits about me, so I have had enough ale for the evening. Perhaps your stories will help keep me entertained.
_________________
"Money is only a byproduct of being engaged in a worthy cause." Hyrum Smith
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Morganis Evan
PostThu 02/13/03 10:53pm
I wish to join the hand! I am sure that Longjinus shall stand beside me.

Snewo - Shall you start with Papp?
 Reply with quote
 
snewo
Master


Joined: 05 Nov 2002
Posts: 232

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Snewo gives Morganis a puzzled look*

I feel the aura of Papp will have a different meaning to me than to you Morganis. I consider him a hero of the land, one who has proven his loyalty, honor, and respect through his wonderous actions. I believe you look upon his deeds with a little more reverance, do you not?

Papp is not my lord or my god, but he is without a doubt a hero to me. With that clarification here is one tale of Papp:

*Snewo chugs his ale and being to tell his tale*

A group of 6 adventurers were wandering the land near Baldur's Gate. These adventurers were seeking to solve one of the many quests that they had aquired during their long journeys. They were led by the mysterious Papp.

Papp sensed the distress in the group. He knew that they were not ready for the fight that lay ahead. Taking his own life in his hands he ran through the enemy making them all follow him. He continued running through the enemy. He gathered one of the largest hoards of beasties that you've ever seen. Once his friends were ready, the mighty Papp lured them all back to the party and the group proceeded to destroy the enemies. Papp's foresight and planning was incredible. His willingness to leave the comforts of the main party in order to lure the enemy were unheard of. That is but one of the tales of Papp.

Morganis, please tell the story you always mention. I feel that might be exactly what would help the Third Voice understand the aura and skills of Papp. I would tell it, but I cannot do the story justice.

*Folds his arms and waits for Morganis*
_________________
It's all about the ale.
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Send email
Longjinus
Mortal


Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Posts: 32

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11
 45%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Long hears the mention of Papp and snaps out of his stare standing and stumbling as he trys to form words*
Thaaaaaa lore of Papp as grown as our years in Ballllldersgate and Bravehart have passed behind us. Papp has the power of site, the speed of lightning, the wisdom of a cleric and the strenth of a warrier. Papp is a Leader and a Hero. I am proud to say I am proud to say I am proud to saaaaaay I have advetured with him...

*Long Turns to address First and Third* I am the one! I am the one! I am the one! To defend the family! My Strength My Heart and my life will go to defend our ideals. Control is the keeeeyyyyy. I will follow the orders and wishes of my leaders. *LJ Turns and bows to Tia*
_________________
"You have been weighed--you have been measured--and you have been found wanting!"
Papp Chupa
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Morganis Evan
Noob


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

** Morganis, turning his attention from Rose from whom he is sensing a "different" vibe, speaks**

I have two things to say before I pass out.

1) I, Morganis DePapp, along with my brother, Longjinus DePapp, would like to asminister the dirty work required by this organization. We wish to show our worth...

2) About Papp. I Snewo, also agree that Papp is not a diety. Although I fear you underestimate his worth. Papp is a warior that has no equal. I recall a day in Baldors Gate where the mighty one recognized the fear in the group and helped change the mood. Papp you see is stubborn. When he gets an idea, IT STICKS! Sensing the group unease about traveling to the depths of Hell to save a soul, Papp would morph into a werewolf and playfully smack thos in the group possessing an item he desired. This changed the mood in the group and helped ensure our vistory in the upcomming battles!

Papp you see should be an idol to all. He chatrges into battle regardless of the situation. Impatient yes. Adventerous... Without a doubt!

Hail *Hic* PAPP!

*Morganis drifts off into a slumber dreaming about a love that once was, Sequia!* icon_redface.gif
Back to top
View users profile Send private message
Longjinus
Mortal


Joined: 14 Dec 2002
Posts: 32

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11 EXP: 5 / 11
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icon_twisted.gif *Longjinus snickers as his brother Morganis passes out. He quietly reaches into his bag a pulls out a brush and some pure berry juice. He then draws a mustache under Morganis nose. Laugh LJ Says:* He hates when I do that to himmmm....

Hail Papp!
_________________
"You have been weighed--you have been measured--and you have been found wanting!"
Papp Chupa
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
River
Adept


Joined: 18 Nov 2002
Posts: 37

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Rose nods as she listens to the words of the First and Third. She sits considering their wisdom as drunken tales of the hero Papp are exchanged. She smiles, watching Longinus put away his art supplies.*

My travels with Papp were few yet memorable. While his actions were legendary, his sense of humor and way of talking were earthy, relating well to the rest of the party. He deserves the respect and honor they give him...

*She turns, looking at each of the cloaked figures.*

…as you have begun to earn mine with your talk of the law, no matter how invisible it seems to be in these lands. Still, it is only talk within these walls. What about the deeds, the actions, in times when we are not threatened by others? Does this family only act in times when a member is threatened, or are there tasks to perform in times of relative peace?

*Rose shifts about in her seat, twisting and stretching. She glances at the silent members of the room, wondering what they are thinking.*

No offense to the company, but we can only stay in this room so long. We have to live in the world outside these walls.
_________________
~River Philco, a woman of many talents
Living on the outskirts of Dysotopian society
Back to top
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Darro
Noob


Joined: 11 Jan 2003
Posts: 7

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rushes to the door, then enters quietly to avoid disturbing the others*
*listens queitly for a time*
Please excuse my tardiness, I have been away and could not get here sooner.
I find all that has been said quite interesting.

For those who do not know me, I am Darro Hilstrider, a simple ranger.
I am here because the Lady Tiarella also asked me to join this group. As a former member of the guard, I resisted the idea of joining a new group after my former experience, but showed up here to check things out out of respect for the lady. I am not one of great intelligence to sort out all the intrigues and such that occurred inthe old guild.

Still having listened to much that was said, I must say that I don't believe that I would fit into this organization very well. There has been a great deal of talk about order and law, yet I do not see any great virtue in either. In my experience laws are often meant to serve those who make, or their friends, not those who need their protection the most.

My desire is to help those in need, when they need it, not after the fact, or to wait for some agent of law to intervene. Given this focus on law, and my problems with those in authority, the best answer I can given is I shall wait and see how this group functions before making a final decision.

*resumes seat in back of room*
_________________
May Mielikki, the Lady of the Forest Guide Your Steps

Darro Hilstrider
Back to top
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The Kraken Society (Private) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.2 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group