DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

how do u join OSB?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kinva
PostThu 01/30/03 3:20pm
Order of the SHining blade looks cool and has a guild building how do i join?  Reply with quote

Solo_Core
PostThu 01/30/03 3:22pm
two words: Conrad Hollows  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than one word: You don't, you get recruited, at least, that is what i understood and heard more than once. By the way, how can a guild look cool? And every guild will have a guild house and items and lots of other stuff, eventually(If Geshtal would check my post, i wonder why i never see him on-line anymore)

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a osb problem? we have the solution (conrad).
the point is that if your interested in joining the osb, you'd best check with conrad. although you can also talk to brant lanneman (IC) scorp57 (forum name).

Quote:

i wonder why i never see him on-line anymore)

maybe you should draw a conclusion from that icon_wink.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_smile.gif
nah just teasing you, as far as i know gesh and bri have been pretty busy lately (what's new).
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Good luck trying to get into the OSB. It's not impossible, but kinda really, really hard. It's like fightin the Gloth Sentry with a broom. There could always be divine intervention to help you out, but not likely. Talking to Conrad would be a start, but he's just a tiny bit grumpy. Brant or Vurg are less up-tight, but still um...interesting to get along with. Don't get me wrong, though. I'm gonna get Conrad to open up and talk about his feelings any day now!

icon_biggrin.gif
Sophi
View users profile Send private message
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm gonna get Conrad to open up and talk about his feelings any day now!

weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Solo got it about right ... there is no application or forms to be filed ... no deeds to be completed, no quests to be done. Essentially we find you, you don't necessarily find us.

So why is this you might say? I'll explain a bit and try to be relatively brief ...

The Order of the Shining Blade is a guild/organization that differs a bit from most of the others in Dyso. It differs in its approach and general purpose ... while most of the organizations are angled towards fighting and/or solidifying their own hold on power in whatever form (and some may deny this, but we know differently), the OSB operates mainly as an extended arm of the various local governments that the Order holds forth as legitimate and, generally, beneficial to the stability and security of the realms. The Order operates, in this respect, as something of a wide-ranging group at the behest of the King. The OSB generally does not involve itself in the squabbles between the various other groups who are seemingly ever-engaged in turf battles unless those battles threaten to spill over into something larger and more of a general threat to more than just the groups involved.

The primary concerns of the Order are matters of law and good, not necessarily in that order ... but this is reflected in the alignments of its members ... they must be either LG LN or NG. The Order believes in the security and defense of the King's lands so that the King's citizens may live their lives in a peaceful manner, enjoying the fruits of their talents and labors. The Order believes that even those who hold vastly different views on morality are also to be afforded these rights, so long as their own desires do not interfere with the rights of others. Moreover the OSB usually as a matter of practice seeks to mediate and negotiate an end to conflicts before resorting to force ... force is a last resort unless the situation clearly dictates otherwise. It could be said that the Order holds itself forth as both a militia of sorts as well as being a collective judge and jury for various regional situations (if they are needed to serve in such a capacity).

These sorts of activities tend not to appeal to the general player as we are not a wild-and-crazy knock-down-drag-out fighting force. It requires people to RP situations much more so than they might otherwise do, and as such we generally try to make sure that prospective members are capable roleplayers.
Ulath Fynolds
PostMon 02/24/03 8:39am
Conrad...like...that description seems familiar...just wondering, you didn't just write that now from scratch...did you...  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEAVE OLD TOPICS ALONE!!!!!!! Just, don't raise old stuff. And ofcourse it sounds familiar, that's part of his guild, so he has had to type it a lot.
If you want to know, you should pm him instead of asking in forums.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Doug the Average
PostMon 02/24/03 5:52pm
hey ShadowCore...if you dont want to read Conrad's post, turn your pc off. Matter of fact, turn it off anyway.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: