DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Other NWN servers worth playing?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Other NWN servers worth playing? Reply with quote

What other NWN servers/modules do you folks like?

Other than Dysotopia, I'm also currently playing:

!!!Dungeon Eternal!!! - good persistent world action, rather harder than Dyso
Amulet of Zeran - GREAT dungeon crawl, very hard and unforgiving ... reminds me of long torturous Nethack sessions...
NWNTactics - cool team based PvP "capture the flag" style gaming

I'm pretty impressed with the variety of gaming styles that people have come up with in the custom mods out there -- and I'm impressed that the NWN toolkit permits the level of flexibility it does.

I just hope the expansion gives us a few more built-in options for environment tiles, item/monster designs, etc. without forcing hak pak downloads for the players. Or maybe even an intelligent hak pak downloader built into NWN itself? icon_cool.gif

~ Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Azzrok
Noob

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13 EXP: 2 / 13
 15%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I was just going to download Zeran but the info given on the mod didnt seem like enough to get me to download it and run it. I play with my fiancee alot and sometimes we both can't get a clean run on those gamespy found games. I am going to check it out tho and look for others for us to play. I am finding many mods that are for low level characters (5th and 6th lvl) and usually very easy even at those levels.

Azzrok
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

Azzrok wrote:
I was just going to download Zeran but the info given on the mod didnt seem like enough to get me to download it and run it.

Zeran is fun but don't expect it to be easy -- it's not icon_smile.gif I killed my first several characters within a few seconds of entering the dungeon. You pretty much have to take a well balanced party in, or you won't survive. It's great fun icon_lol.gif
Glorin
PostThu 09/05/02 12:45am
no mod compares to Dysotopia

INFIDELS!!!

lol jk

cept about the no mod comparing to dyso part

Geshtal
PostThu 09/05/02 1:27am
Suck up....  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 09/06/02 1:08am
all the time gesh, all the time  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 09/06/02 1:09am
all the time gesh, all the time  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
Little teapot is the sexiest person on this earth

icon_redface.gif thanks glorin
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, during the fews days when Dyso was down, I did try Tarala. But 2 minutes after I entered it crashed. I guess the gods did not want me there icon_smile.gif .

Griff
View users profile Send private message
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get onto win32 dyso last night, so I started checking out other servers in the RolePlay room.

I found one running the module Krynn, which also had the highest player limit of any server out there. And I had some of the most fun NWN'ing I've had since my low-level days in Dyso with Griff & Falkhor.

XP gain on Krynn is amazingly slow -- in a party of 6 level1 players, we would get maybe 3-9 xp per kill in the hardest hunting area we could handle. And when we got too deep into high level territory, 4 of 6 teammates died, but stabilized while bleeding. So I ran back to town to fetch medicine bags (Krynn's any-class version of Raise Dead) and back through way too many hostiles to rez them (death is permanent on Krynn unless somebody hauls your corpse to a cleric). Great fun icon_smile.gif

I look forward to the times when Dyso starts getting this level of challenge and RP'ing built up. People tend to think they want to level up faster, but it's actually a great deal of fun playing under the restrictions of the lower levels, and when you finally get to that next level, it really "means" something -- rather than "yeah I made 5 levels after I got home from work", it's "Finally! I finally made level 9 this week."

Fooz
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Krynn one night to check out the Mojo Tradeskill system...it confused me and no one wanted to help me out...and there were 78 players on! It was dark, I had no torch..but I could dance and worship with my emote wand...lol. I gave up after about 10 minutes and went back to designing my own trade system. emot-yum.gif

Maybe someday when we get servers we can re-up our limitations...until now I think that our limits allow people to enjoy playing...quality over quantity...

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
UnsightlyDeath
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20 EXP: 13 / 20
 65%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, be glad you didnt shout for help gesh, would have been teleported to the GM and given a harsh tongue lashing (happened to me lol)
XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fooz you seem to really enjoy leveling very very slow. I think you would like Everquest. If you enjoy levels that can take anywhere from two weeks to a month, depending on how often you play, you would really enjoy it. I, on the other hand, did not play very often. So after a month of being level 33 i gave up. I would really hate it if this game came to that. You can only play the same zones so many times before it becomes boring. If you dont level, thats exactly what you will be doing. Fighting the same old ogre, over, and over, and over, because you are too low to move up to the next level of monsters. I could handle it fine at 1 level every week or two. Anything around a month is just insane, unless its like to get level 19 and 20 of course, seeing as how they are the "uber" levels. By taking a week or two to level I mean a week or two of solid attempting to level because you are tired of being your current level, it doesnt count things like tradeskills and item hunting.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with D&D is that there are so few levels...there need to be like 200 so that you level more often and get to increase your character but at the same time your levels improve you less significantly...this way people could level once a day and not get too far too fast but still -see- the progress...ah well, the troubles of life. emot-yum.gif

The key to slower leveling is keeping people busy between levels...like with ample quests and other things that will allow them to pimp out their characters for their particular level...it's going to be difficult but I think when we reach that point it'll be cool. icon_smile.gif And remember, I've said this before...I wouldn't do something to Dyso that I wouldn't want to play through as a player...and I have created a ton of players and played to level 10-13 with them so I know all the things that annoy me probably annoy you.

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: