DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Case up for sentencing - Jenna Gwent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The High Council (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Case up for sentencing - Jenna Gwent Reply with quote

Jenna Gwent has accused Athe'rea Do'na (sp?) of murder and theft. The item stolen was returned to her, but she still seeks justice. Athe was unwilling to stand trial. Jenna claims that, and have two witnesses who attest to the same, she accitentally attacked Athe in the Duegar mines while Athe and party were attacking a golem. This according to Jenna and witnesses prompted Athe to attack and kill Jenna as well as take her sword despite her backing off. She also took exception to Athe's attitude following the incedent. The sword was eventually returned to Jenna through a friend. Nel also witnessed this by my understanding and can probably give Athe's side fo the argument for her. From my understanding this was all the result of a big misunderstanding. I would conclude however that the actions of Athe were out of line and should be charged to pay Jenna as well as a mutual apology for the situation. The latter may be harder to get than it wounds. Anyhow I think Nel should soeak Athe's side before we settle on a final sentence.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye... If Athe does not want to speak... then maybe Nel can tell us what she witnessed...
After that, we can decide a sentence...

Nel.. we wait for your report...
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what happned, i am a Dear friend of Athearia, and she's addmited this, and this is what i KNOW happned, it does NOT conterdict, the other story in any way..

Jenna, Heals golem

Athearia says Stop

Jenna, run's toward golem once more

Athearia, meaning only to give a warrinng, strikes a good blow, and kills Jenna. this was not her goal.

I think jenna's friend Helped jenna up, and then jenna attacked Athearia, during witch she lost her sword, IT WAS NOT STOLEN BUT DISARMED

it was later returned

that is the story, athearia did not mean to kill her but did, she should be fined heavely

Now, nei some of your fact's are in correct

Athearia and bane, Athearia's Boy freiend, where haveing a small arguement at the time.

she was to busy, to mind a trial

I recommand a 10-25k fine
Nei
PostTue 02/18/03 2:58pm
Oh yes, Jenna mentioned the healing thing, she swears as do her three witnesses that she didn't do it.  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange indeed...

even if it was a mistake, atheria is very sorry, and DId not mean to kill her, she did return the weapon...

their might be a 3rd invisble party in this...

healing something does not get you out of being invisble
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, like I said I think it was a big misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion. I will wait to hear from Isendur for the sentence before I speak anymore about the case.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to hear both of the parts personally... and it would be even better if they were face to face...
That way we could get a more accurate idea of what really happened.

Anyway... from what I have read here.. both of them were in fault...
Jenna should not have interfered with Athe, and Athe shouldnt have killed Jenna either... the theft/disarm is an agravation...

BUT, Jenna was the most injured in the situation, since she was killed and robbed.
The return of the stolen sword can attenuate a bit...

I would propose an apology from BOTH of them... and, possibly a small fine payed by Athe.

Magisters, please express yourselves...
Nei
PostTue 02/18/03 4:47pm
That is precisely what my suggestion was as well Isendur. I am glad to hear your decision I see it as both fair and reasonable.  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need one more magisatrit, and some one to offer the amount i need to collect from athearia

as a friend, i wish to do the sentence....not to mention i am the only active Enforcer
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... although I will probably not change my mind on this one, I still want to give Athe a chance to tell us her side of the story.

Therefore, I want you Nel, to contact Athe and tell her to contact either me, Nei or Malak for questioning.
When she tells her story to one of the magisters, that magister must post his conclusions here, and then we will reach a final decision.

We must solve this case soon, since it's beggining to become public, which is a bad thing.
Marine436
PostFri 02/21/03 2:25pm
Why hasent this been Done yet ?!

we can let case's die like this...and it's not my job...

i

Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent seen Athe at all! ((she's probably not online at the times I am))
I already asked the Enforcers to contact her so that we can arrange the trial...

But I agree.. this is taking too long...
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enfrocers ???

you said magistatrs....

ive seen her at least 10 times...

(ooc: not to mention he is a OOC friend (the player also Plays Selenia) so i can get him on more or less at my whim and will))
Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Therefore, I want you Nel, to contact Athe and tell her to contact either me, Nei or Malak for questioning.

That's precicely why I asked YOU to contact her... icon_smile.gif
And please, do it fast... we need to get this case over with...
In this case, it will suffice that ONE of the Magisters hears her and posts the conclusions here...
So, like I said, tell her to contact either me, Nei or Malak for interrogation.
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh !

im so sorry Isendur....

you know this week has been hell on me !

Ill get on it right away !

*runs out the door*
Marcabru
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13 EXP: 9 / 13
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellows of the High Council,

This is an official post regarding the testimony, deliberation, and sentence on the case of Jenna Gwent vs. Athe'aria Don'a-Blane (sp?).

After Nei, Nel, Malak, and myself heard Athe'aria's testimony at the main docks, Nei, Malak, and myself started deliberation. Athe'aria's testimony was basically the same that she has given in the past. As a way of summary, the only factually certain, unanimously agreed upon by all witnesses and involved parts, including Athe'aria herself, action was that she killed Jenna. Athe'aria's testimony as to what reasons she had for such an action was that she had seen the Golem been somehow healed once, and that she believed that Jenna had done it, and that Jenna was going to do it again. According to Athe'aria's testimony, she fired two arrows at Jenna in order to prevent a second healing. Athe'aria claimed her intention was not to kill Jenna but to stop her from healing the Golem a second time. Nonetheless, Athe'aria herself acknowleged that her second arrow must have, with her intention, hit a vital spot, as a result of which, Jenna died. After Jenna was resurrected (or respawned), she demanded Athe'aria an explanation. Here, the events get fuzzier, and Athe'aria herself acknowledged not having a good recollection of them. A discussion ensued, during which Jenna asked Athe'aria for an apology, to which the latter refused. In the midst of it all, a creature that had been summoned by Jenna attacked Athe'aria and she defended herself. Apparently, Jenna then directly attacked Athe'aria, as a result of which the latter disarmed the former and picked her sword, and then Jenna cast wail of the banshee on Athe'aria. Then, Athe'aria killed Jenna once again, but also Jenna's spell killed two other innocent people who happened to be at the scene as well, and who never pressed charges.

Immediately after Athe'aria's testimony, Nei, Malak, and myself began deliberation at the docks. At that moment, Sanguis Ebriosis appeared and became an unacceptable distraction to the deliberation process, for which Nei, Malak, and myself decided to move to the first floor of the Eleriina Inn. After much debate and analysis (an important part of which was the concept of self-defense, on which Nei has already started a sorely needed thread), the three of us agreed upon the following:

Athe'aria was found guilty of having killed Jenna impulsively, without sufficient evidence and reason as to warrant such an action. If Athe'aria told the truth about her killing Jenna unintentionally, the legal technical term that would apply here, then, would be 'manslaughter'. At the same time, Jenna was also found guilty of having taken the justice in her own hands, and having caused (intentionally) the deaths of two more innocents. Such an action was found to be motivated (and to what extent, understandable, although by no means justifiable) by Athe'aria's initial action. It should be noted that Jenna was unaware of the existence of the HC and of the possibilty that she could bring up formal charges against Athe'aria. In any case, Jenna's further actions were found to be sufficient reason not to apply the maximum fine for murder to Athe'aria.

Based on the above elements, the following sentence was decided.

-) Athe'aria must pay up (through the HC enforcer) a sum of 2000 gp to Jenna, and be warned to think it twice before she attacks anyone that she perceives as healing a monster she is fighting at the moment. She must also be told that the fine was considerably reduced, due to Jenna's further actions, and had them not occurred, the fine would have been much higher.

-) Jenna must be warned not to take justice in her own hands again, and be thoroughly informed about the HC and its legal mechanisms.

It was decided to name Nel as the enforcer of this sentence.

Approved and signed,

Nei, Malak Kalam, and Karise Dian

This case can be considered to be successfully closed. I shall let Isendur post the official decision in the public forum.

Truly yours,

Karise Dian.

May God bless the fair Island of Dysotopia, and her ruler, the Great Geshtal.
View users profile Send private message
Marcabru
Adept

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Erratum Reply with quote

I noticed a mistake in my previous post. Where it say "with her intention" it should say "without her intention". Please, Nei and Malak, let me know if that is an accurate report, before Isendur makes the official public anouncement.

Karise
Marcabru
Adept

XP
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Erratum 2 Reply with quote

Where I said 'manslaughter' I meant to say 'involuntary manslaughter'. My main intention here is to start introducing certain basic legal terms to be used in the HC's deliberations and sentences.

Kaires
Marcabru
PostSun 02/23/03 5:20pm
Where it says 'Kaires' it should say 'Karise' (ooc: lol. oh wel...).  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I'm impressed...
You seem to have handled the case very well, and I do believe the sentece is quite appropriate.
You all have my congratulations...

I await Nel's report on the appliance of the sentence.

Let's keep up the good work... if we keep up like this, maybe people will start to understand that we are really here to help...

PS. I'm not certain if we should or shouldnt post the cases publicly. Im still pondering on that... So for now, I wont be posting this report.
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nel's First Report:

I havent Collected the money yet, For more than Enough Reason's Some Excuse's Some Vaild Reason's

Athearia, has Gotten a Divroce. this put preassure on her...considering she's still haveing a baby.

I have been spending alot of time with the childern and jord...i know No excuse im sorry...

but, also i havent seen Jenna around ethier, i need to give the money to her right Away.

I will be collecting the Money tonight
-Nel
Marine436
Lamer

XP
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case Closed, Money payed, and Collected

Both side's were given, a warrinng, and admited to being harash

(ooc: the funny thing is, OOC i asked both side's if she healed the golem, and they still Disagreed OOC so im 100% sure, their was a 3rd unseen party here)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> The High Council (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: