DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Help a newbie!

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Dak'Ron Dearth
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9 EXP: 2 / 9
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Help a newbie! Reply with quote

Hi, I posted this in Chatter, but I figured this might be a better place for it

Dak'Ron Dearth wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new here (but not to NWN). I've been playing on a RP PW for some time now, but it's currently down, and looks to be that way for a while, so I'm looking for a new home. This place looks like a lot of fun. I've been browsing the forums, but I'm kinda lost, so I was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction, give me some info, get me started, if you don't mind. Is this place RP heavy? And is it hard core rules? And what's the deal with the Dieties and factions? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get off on the right foot icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks much.

PS I'll be playing a sneaky, obnoxious rogue-type icon_twisted.gif Any ideas where to start with him?
View users profile Send private message
Uin
PostMon 03/10/03 9:36pm
Oh God, not another sneaky obnoxious rogue type... j/k

Or am I?

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will help you as good as I can, and others can fill in if something's missing. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, Dysotopia is going through some rough changes at the moment. The current Dyso which you can play on is version 2.xx. BriHurley is currently working to update it with some more persistant stuff, and less uber items etc. And a tone-downed tradeskill system. because as of right now, Dyso isn't much HC/PW RP really. We have rules to play that way, but it is quite difficult at the moment. Lots of unbalanced factors. But in Dyso 3.xx (Which is due in the next two weeks I think) things will get much mroe persistant and more roleplay:ish for everyone. It will be very nice.

Prior to the Dyso 3.xx, Geshtal is working on Dysotopia: Rebirth. You can read all about it in the section with the same name. But I can tell you it will be extremely detailed and precise. You really have to read about it to understand how wonderful it will be. Rebirth is going to kick ass, frankly speaking. icon_biggrin.gif

Alright, to get you started on current Dyso. First, you shouldn't expect much persistancy and/or HC roleplaying. You might get disappointed, seeing you played on some real PW/HCR server before. But it is fun. It is a very cool world. You want to play a rogue, you say? Rogue is my favourite class. It can be alot of fun, if you use some common sense. It is not fun for any possible victims if you jsut simply attack and/or steal from them extremely viciously. But I am sure you won't have any problem keeping things real, as you played on a PW/HCR server.

Anyway, create your rogue, and upon joining you will be given 5 levels and 20 000 gold pieces. You would do well to spend those wisely, and buy up on some standard equipment (starts as +1 weapons and +2 armor) in the market. Also, ask around and see if anyone can direct you to the thieve's guild. They have a rogue only shop there, where you can buy traps and some other rogue-specific stuff. And then you'd do well to go talk to the Guard Captain in the guard house, as he has some trouble with bandits. This is your first realy quest (and sorry, there ain't so many after this) which will give you a nice start on getting your first few levels aswell as some cash. I can also recommend paying a visit to the Eleriina Sewers when you are at level 5. If you are lucky, the rats there will drop some valuable items for you to sell, and you can also quite easily get to level 6 there. So, Sewers until level 6, then help the guard captain with his quest. Usually, players go to the Eastern Forest (aka Ogre Forest) after this, and hunt for Ogres and Ogre Eaters. It might get you some levels there.

Oh well, I hope this is enough to get you started atleast. I am sure you will get help while in-game also, if you just ask around for aid. To sum up: Dyso is currently not a really "good" RP server, but we have rules to help enforce RP. And with the new version coming soon, it will be much better too. And read up on Rebirth, I am sure you will find it to be a blast. Then jsut go in game, get additional aid in there if some questionmarks pop up.

Welcome and good luck! I hope you will enjoy your visit to this wonderful Dysociety that has enticed so many wonderful (and bad) players from all around the world! icon_smile.gif

PS: I can't tell PW from HCR, so I just rant on combining those two. They mean the same in this post or something. ergh.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: