DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Patching Help

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Amused Frog
PostWed 03/12/03 8:05pm
I can't. It won't work... still  Reply with quote

BriHurley
PostWed 03/12/03 9:14pm
Try to repatch with the manual patch. Also did you have the camera hack installed? That could cause some of the problem...  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order for the patch to install successfully, all core files must be defaults. The one most usual to have changed are soundset.2da (soundsets) dialog.tlk (soundset again) and nwnmain.exe (camera hack). You have to restore all those files to their original states before you can install the patch correctly. That is why everyone asks you to make a backup copy before installing unofficial stuff. But if you haven't done that, I know there's a "recovery pack" or something downloadable somewhere on the official homepage. It replaces all core files with the original ones.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malakalam
PostWed 03/12/03 10:58pm
on this one, none of the 2da files changed, so you should be ok  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriHurley wrote:
Try to repatch with the manual patch. Also did you have the camera hack installed? That could cause some of the problem...

A note on the camera hak... or at least the one I have (I have NWN Camera Hack Version H by Brandon, there are a few others out there as well.) If you made a change to the camera by this, you have to return to the hack program, and do a Restore BioWare Defaults. NWN Official Patches (such as 1.29) won't let you do much of anything without doing so. Other hacks, I'm not sure about. Probably depends on if it changes the nwnmain.exe program, as Kindo had said.

:Edit: This topic was moved from Official Announcements -> Both Servers are Patched to 1.29, as to keep things more organized.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this patch, I know they needed the dialog.tlk file to be the original one. I got an error for that one. And nwnmain.exe always has to be untampered with. As far as I know atleast. Camerahack changes that file, and as Gorb said, you need to go in the hack file and restore defaults.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Grok
PostThu 03/13/03 10:59am
Push comes to shove you can always uninstall NWN then re-install it, not a happy solution, but worth the time when all esle fails.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: