DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

The 9/19 Event - The Chaos Dragon in Dragon Valley...

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glith

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: The 9/19 Event - The Chaos Dragon in Dragon Valley... Reply with quote

Ok - after sitting down and going over what happened last night, Gesh and I have an explanation... icon_smile.gif

Gesh was busy setting up props in Dragon Valley for the event. Some folks stumbled across it so he brought in the Dragon just to scare them off.

Dark Strike went out to BF to try and warn folks off... which was good...

Anyway, at about 8:30p Gesh tried to possess the Dragon so it would stop killing people. He missed the dragon and clicked on open space.

When you click on open space in the DM Client, the radial menu selection is 'Teleport All Players to This Point'. It was accidently selected.

Which is why one moment you are shopping, the next, you are getting killed by this Ancient Chaos Dragon.

I (as DM) was also teleported to the Valley - by the time my Client sorted the whole thing out (took an extra minute or two) folks had been killed and I was standing in a stack of bodies. I sent the Dragon into Limbo and Gesh teleported folks back to Eleriina.

It was almost *ALL* Accidental! We would never have meant to teleport everyone into a situation where they would die. Heck - the server and clients had problems handling that kind of mass-teleportation. All we wanted was to keep folks *away* from that area so we could finish setting stuff up...

We apologize for how it looked, and how it felt. We didn't intend it. We're still learning the DM Client and - hey - we're only human. We make mistakes... icon_smile.gif

You guys are all great players, and we appreciate the support you've given us so far. Next time, we'll know to be more careful with where and what we click...

Have Fun!

Mike
Akar
PostFri 09/20/02 7:38pm
Thanks.. That makes a lot of sense now knowing your side of what happened.

Akar

Weyr Wyrmfang
PostFri 09/20/02 8:58pm
cackle..cackle..cackle..cackle..

when's the next dm event?

WW

Conrad Hollows
PostFri 09/20/02 10:04pm
Sounds like Murphy was proven to be an optimist once more. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: :=) Reply with quote

Weyr Wyrmfang wrote:
cackle..cackle..cackle..cackle..

when's the next dm event?

WW

DM Events will NO LONGER BE ANNOUNCED. You'll find out about them here after they take place. icon_wink.gif

Gesh
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Aspen
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:23 am    Post subject: Teleporting Reply with quote

So all the characters were all teleported to the dragon hehehehehe

talk about your all time stuff ups =P

Just wanted to say Geshtal that the idea about a smugglers and it being a non-announced event is a stroke of genius, it adds another dimension to the gameplay of dysotopia, I hope more sorts are put in more frequently icon_smile.gif

I know you must be busy though.
I've been looking for the bald headed smuggler occasionally when i pass through eleriina with no luck so far, anyway keep up the good work icon_smile.gif
laz
PostSun 09/29/02 5:00pm
Unexpected events is part of what makes Dyso so great. Thanks for the explanation and keep up the great work!  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got really mad when i got killed by a teleportation to somewhere else and then another just when i got back to kravenwood... not a vg experience for me...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: