DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

IC jailing in rebirth

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: IC jailing in rebirth Reply with quote

Their needs to be 2 kind's of jailing

ONE: IC for rp

TWO: OOC for moderators and DM's.

im going to focus one ONE in my post, and what *I* think would be the more or less perfect system

1: The person doing the arrested has to A: Sneak up on and make a STR roll on the person whom they are arresting

and if that fails, i would assume a fight goes (their is a option not to fight)

and if the fight is won by the person doing the arresteing, then they get a free arrest, IF NOT, i would think the perosn being arrested would be gone, for some of the other unit's came

NOW once arrested, the jails should be like jail halls with some NPC guard's and you should be able to Escape

the question is how long do we stay their ?
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and about the escaping part. I think if there was a DM online to arrest the person then he would probably still be online for the next few hours. So with the NPC gaurd, the DM could zombie him into, i dunno, taking a break maybe? Or having him slip up and tell another gaurd of hole in the cell. Of course that hole wouldnt be there untill AFTER he slipped up, but I think that would be fun. Although I don't plan on going to jail after all.

I just had a vision about the physical arresting that marine was talking about.

Imagine if you will that Rumanos is to be arrested. So all these gaurds are coming for him and Rumanos finds some ally's to help protect him. So Rumanos runs to the little island out in the Kravenwood Lowlands (i say its an island cuz theres only 1 way on and 1 way off) and moves to the very end of that island. Now there are a mass of ally's between Rumanos and the gaurds. A HUGE battle occurs and all to save the life of Rumanos. Now this WILL be in the RB so keep in mind that the -fight, die, respawn, fight etc.- wont be a problem. So everyone dies except Rumanos and the biggest baddest gaurd. Bodies scattered all over the ground. ohhhhhh boy... icon_biggrin.gif

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Drudley
PostTue 03/11/03 7:06pm
Who would stick their neck out for Rumanos anyway?  Reply with quote

dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, imho it shouldn't be a str check, especially if the guard managed to sneak up on the target, I'd say a failed spot check of the target combined with a touch attack should be enough then.
If the target person makes his spot, I'd use a str check for fighter guards and a saving throw for spellcaster guards.
The jailtime should be different for different crimes, and escaping shouldn't be possible for a certain amount of time (how realistic would it be for npc guards to let a caged man escape only minutes after he was locked in? escaping should be possible after a while, when the guards are getting bored an lazy)
Oh, and jailtime should be a few days REALTIME, things like murder could have longer jailtimes. At least that's how it works on other servers I play on...
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget, how does one do a Grapple check again in Pnp? I never use it when I play. I suppose if you had a successful Grapple check done, then that would mean that you've gotten ahold of your target securely. But then, of course, you'd have to keep doing grapple checks or have someone else "bind" them somehow (i.e. tie them up).
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this would be a great idea, Rumanos did get arrested in game. The cooperative effort of 2 members of the White Guard, Marcus, and Nei, were able to subdue, and tie Rumanos, but we couldn't do much of anything with him and after we released him of course he ran off. It would've been perfect if we could've popped him in jail. I really like the idea for one.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: IC jailing in rebirth Reply with quote

marine436 wrote:
Their needs to be 2 kind's of jailing

ONE: IC for rp

TWO: OOC for moderators and DM's.

Thats exactly what its like now, except the IC jailing was removed recently for some bizarre reason.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was never IC jailing...the people in Eleriina were still OOC and were mini-moderators.

Anyhow, there will NEVER be OOC jailing...it's handled completely different in RB. IC jailing is possible for those people who have taken over a "fortress/city" that has a jail/dungeon. They can only arrest people in their jurisdiction area and you can never arrest someone if they are in combat. As far as the mechanics, still has to be decided.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I would have to knock someone out cold if I want to jail him or take him by suprise? it should be possible to jail someone while in battle if you outnumber him IMHO.
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why IC jailing was never allowed...there are too make ways to implement it and too many ways to exploit it. And an exploit in this system can RUIN gameplay for some players.

Face it, 90% of you guys are not responsible enough to handle this kind of power.
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt the dungeons of Bane's Temple will be filled with Cyric's, Helm's, Torm's and Tyr's clerics within a few minutes of such a system going live.. I like it icon_smile.gif
Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:

Face it, 90% of you guys are not responsible enough to handle this kind of power.

sadly that is too true

Malakalam wrote:
No doubt the dungeons of Bane's Temple will be filled with Cyric's, Helm's, Torm's and Tyr's clerics within a few minutes of such a system going live.. I like it icon_smile.gif

and the dungeons of Talos' Temple will be filled with all Banes Cerics MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Glorin
PostThu 03/13/03 1:27am
shut up brant! just shut up brant!  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not talking yet?.....

well it sounds like a plan to be able to jail people ic somehow, but gesh is right about the abuse that would come so I'm sure he'll work some way around that.
Lucifer
PostFri 03/14/03 2:34pm
This topic went in to chaos..  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, anyway:

There should be IC jailing, and for OOC stuff, you boot. Simple as that. Jailing shouldn't be IC.

The problem is, finding people who are responsible enough to use the jailing IC in a good way...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geshtal wrote:
There was never IC jailing...the people in Eleriina were still OOC and were mini-moderators.

This is odd, when I joined the City Watch I was informed that there were indeed IC jailing. We still could act as mini-moderators, like you are saying, and jail for OOC offenses. But we still had local laws which we could jail for. Such as breaking an entrance. Are you saying that was wrong of us? icon_eek.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually for tuskan we had theorized a system where players could report IC crimes and have the moderator/DM sherrif send out NPC troops to apprehend the villain and throw him in jail or he could issue a warrant and have reliable PC bountyhunters take the job. Also an NPC witness system was theorized where npc's can report crimes happening in plain sight so killing or getting caught stealing is bound to get you on the suspects list. Quite elaborate but it pretty much cut out player interference (and thus player exploits). Mind you, the scripting is only partly done but it looked good on paper.Who needs players when you can get an npc to do the job for you...
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
PostSun 03/16/03 1:36am
good old falkwhore  Reply with quote

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: