DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Revolt's . Armies. City control, in Rebirth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o hell...no delete that post....

your SOOO going to get me PKED a Million Time's OOC....

"You bastard you made Gesh *THINK* about stop working on Dyso"

*spells*

*Nel has died*
Nefiorim
PostFri 02/21/03 8:05pm
Yep.. There goes my social life.. again.. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i am very excited at the prospect of "rebirth for dysotopia" i can't wait for it!
i guess i'll have to quit school and work and eating and sleeping in order to play on this great MOD. i'll prolly dream about it for the next few months icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Marine436
PostFri 02/21/03 8:23pm
*whew* glad im not the only onethat Dreams of Rping....  Reply with quote

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great before when i was given the city, or promised it icon_mad.gif

i figured there was no reason to have any concern for Economics as it was useless, because there was no economy, gesh and I discussed the citys and such together and there will be many different forms of punishment that Lords may issue. You can rule like a Fascist, or you can have a peaceful government.
Lords will actually have to appoint ministers now, Head of Economics, Minister of Foreign Affairs, etc.
The more people living in the city(area) and the more guilds with hqs there, the richer the lord becomes, and the more powerful he becomes. It creates a hierarchy. The King gets taxes from everything so he can hire the most in quanity and quality of guards, Lords get taxes from citizens and guilds, letting them alot of powerful guards, plus the guards they get for free. Guilds earn a more powerful HQ (powerful door) and in return they protect the city for the Lord and pay their lord taxes.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...politics and economics will play a large role in Dyso. I understand that many of our players may not understand the complexities of politics and economics and if you're someone that still just wants to play and have a good time, that's an option also. Pay your taxes and defend your home...or just become a ranger and live off the lands. Any option is available to anyone...those that LOVE leading and having followers will fit the organization leadership rols the best!

Remember, organizations can all be chained together! I can create an organization called "Council of Elders" that contins all of the tax district leaders of Dyso. Each one of these council members can then lead their OWN organization which would run the cities. Members of the city districts can also lead smaller organizations! It's a trickle down effect that can create very complex heirarchies of organizations. The tax districts are the same way, any tax district can belong to another one...so each estate near Eleriina will have it's own houses and will tax those people. They then pay taxes to the Eleriina District, who in turn pays taxes to the kingdom. The design is very flexible and powerful and will be a work of art once in place! icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only wish i chose to play a character more close to my real life beliefs, i read politics and economics on communism, but u cant have communism in an evil city icon_sad.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]

Last edited by Glorin on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Jase
PostFri 02/21/03 10:13pm
Will there be houses? I mean like "I am Jase of the House of Shalkarn" like nobles and stuff?  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostFri 02/21/03 10:13pm
Lords = Nobles  Reply with quote

Geshtal
PostFri 02/21/03 10:21pm
If the king happens to knight someone and you are in their organization and you set it up to be role played that way, yes.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be Lord Jase Halycon. People can join my house, i'll hire servents to bring me drinks and food and then i'll pay them. Hmm Where can u be a Lord though? I mean i would LOVE to be a Lord in Kravenwood. Being a Lord will be awsome. But I think you should put a limit on it Gesh. I mean if everyone is Lords ther'll be no commoners, no servents, no armies of followers and armies of House Halycon. That would kinda take the fun out of being a Noble. And also......Can we get like little Symbols? I mean back in medevil times everyone from a House had a symbol. Lord Jase Halycon. You know what? There should be like diffrent towns that Nobles fight over to become King of that town (like a Mayor no DM powers with come with being King of that city or anything) and like you can make new characters that would be "Heirs" to your throne but you gotta fight the other nobles to take your throne and it'll be like a "Game of Houses". And Nobles can get Armies of PCs/NPCs to fight for their right to the throne. Then when they get the throne, after like 2 years (2 weeks) the King can be assassinated or something and the process starts all over again. It would be really cool. And there can be Assassinations and REAL DEATH while your a King and there'll be Wars between Cities or Countries and Battles and Slaves and it would be AWSOME!

EDIT: Not like a King (or Mayor)! But like a Lord in that City. I mean Kings had TONS of small AND big houses under them and stuff. And Gesh would choose who won or something. It would be like the Guild things Gesh was talking about but on a HUGE scale. Also it would only be in like 2 or 3 towns not ALL of them. Like special towns that you could do this in.

EDIT2: Well edit is a MUCH easier way to ease up on Forum spamming icon_smile.gif Also it could be added at a MUCH later date. You don't have to be so uptight about it......... And POLITICS does NOT include one person that makes all the desicions for EVERYONE and EVERYONE follows him AND THEY are the ONLY Lord. King and Noble are 2 diffrent things. A person can be a Noble but not be a King though Kings are Nobles. Look up history and there is ALWAYS some other Houses beneath a King. They are governed by a King, but they are nobles in their own right and have land that belongs to them and such. That is one of the reasons i said a limit would be good. Anyway, who said Kings and Mayors are the ONLY nobles?

Last edited by Jase on Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jase u dont choose to be a lord, neither is it all that easy. ur selected by gesh.

eleriina lord (right now)= Ethis(kuma)

kravenwood lord= Kraven(bri)

Undead City lord = me

Dragon city lord = ds (where did he go?)

as gesh said there will be many sub districts and such.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jase wrote:
I'm going to be Lord Jase Halycon. People can join my house, i'll hire servents to bring me drinks and food and then i'll pay them. Hmm Where can u be a Lord though? I mean i would LOVE to be a Lord in Kravenwood. Being a Lord will be awsome. But I think you should put a limit on it Gesh. I mean if everyone is Lords ther'll be no commoners, no servents, no armies of followers and armies of House Halycon. That would kinda take the fun out of being a Noble. And also......Can we get like little Symbols? I mean back in medevil times everyone from a House had a symbol. Lord Jase Halycon. You know what? There should be like diffrent towns that Nobles fight over to become King of that town (like a Mayor no DM powers with come with being King of that city or anything) and like you can make new characters that would be "Heirs" to your throne but you gotta fight the other nobles to take your throne and it'll be like a "Game of Houses". And Nobles can get Armies of PCs/NPCs to fight for their right to the throne. Then when they get the throne, after like 2 years (2 weeks) the King can be assassinated or something and the process starts all over again. It would be really cool. And there can be Assassinations and REAL DEATH while your a King and there'll be Wars between Cities or Countries and Battles and Slaves and it would be AWSOME!

EDIT: Not like a King (or Mayor)! But like a Lord in that City. I mean Kings had TONS of small AND big houses under them and stuff. And Gesh would choose who won or something. It would be like the Guild things Gesh was talking about but on a HUGE scale. Also it would only be in like 2 or 3 towns not ALL of them. Like special towns that you could do this in.

jase, that is all the plan which i think we have stated before. there are currently 4 planned citys. Eleriina, Kravenwood and the undead and Dragon city (what are the names of those two again?) with lords already selected
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:

Dragon city lord = ds (where did he go?)

He only ppps on very rarely to try and see Gesh, no interest left in Dyso, apart from, maybe, if he manages to get his city.

Gawd I'm a bitch.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hail mighty Geshtal!
bow.gif
God of addiction
Lord of our minds
King of dysotopia
Ruler of our lifes!
bow.gif
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Another unique addition we are adding is the ability to put a hit out on a particular character. There will be boards around Dyso that will list characters and how much gold they are worth to someone else. As the hiring person, you basically go to the web page and choose the "put out a hit" option

Will the person who has been hit know who put the hit out on him? Will the assassin know who's paying him? Finally - will this be sanctioned by the king??

Quote:
Hey, if you guys want me to stop developing Dyso I'll be glad to do it.

I'll just develop some other game you'll become addicted to.

Think you could run over to QuickSilver and finish MOO3? I mean seriously, I've been waiting to be addicted to that game since.. oh.. middle of last year.
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To your questions, yes, yes and not sure (ignoring the last question)

And all those questions are answered else where, not sure about the lst one though
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this. The LoS can play the political field finally. Being an organisation interested in power and influence they can walk the fine line it was meant to, offering services to one side, then offering help to the losing side for double the amount of cash, instigating wars between guilds just to take advantage of the situation. Yea sounds just about right to me icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message
Geshtal
Lead Project Manager

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87 EXP: 72 / 87
 82%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now...I just wasted 10 minutes of my time deleting posts that don't belong here. All because of some immature bs. If it happens again in my rebirth forum you'll simply be banned from posting here.

Let's abide by the rules and stick to the topics.

Thanks.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: