DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A problem I find truly vexing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private)
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ulath Fynolds
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14 EXP: 13 / 14
 92%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: A problem I find truly vexing... Reply with quote

I was travelling yesterday, and I overheard a person discussing something. He was telling a bunch of people, all wearing armour with arrogant, vain expressions on their faces about how the poor must be wiped beneath the carpet as such. Why do people not see, the poor must be helped to improve their lot, not hidden like they are some unseemly, ugly, and drab building....
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unfortunate are no less deserving of compassion than are others ... if not even being moreso. Sweeping them under the proverbial carpet is not an answer ... though throwing money at the problem isn't always the answer, either. As the old saying goes ... give a man a fish, he eats for a day ... teach him to fish and he eats evermore.
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that how it goes? mmm... I need ta stop using my expression...

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, light a man on fire and he's warm for life!

hehe Just kidding! Anyways...yeah, as being one of the poor to be swept under the rug, I'm not surprised that you've heard that. Many people are very caring and generous, while others are just meanies. We poor don't have it too bad, though, so don't pitty us. There's two ways ta bein' rich in life: having lots of money, or having few needs. I've got the latter, and lots of good friends to help me out if I get in a bind. I also have a cozy crate ta sleep in down by the docks. Don't forget, we're just people, too.

Sophi

P.S. One of the ways I've found to help those less fortunate than me is to hire them as "guards". Basically, you pay them some gp to walk with you through certain high-crime areas and help you do some healings and general help for those that look like they need it. It benifit's them doubly: they get to earn some gp while also getting a free lesson on being nice and caring for others. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Order of the Shining Blade (Private) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: