DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Challenge Rating

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Challenge Rating Reply with quote

There's a hakpak out there that takes out the challenge rating from the creature inspections screen. So you can't right click on your enemies to decide if you're going to show your uberleetness to the effortless victim by hacking it down in two quick blows or be the super roleplay partner to the challenging opponent.
Wouldn't that be a good addition for Rebirth? I'm not quite sure, cause on the other hand, I can see how the usual suspects would use it as an excuse to grief lowbies ("What? I didn't know he was lvl 1! I thought he's using the worn out leather armor and the rusty sword to hide his real level!!")
icon_question.gif
View users profile Send private message
Malakalam
PostSun 03/16/03 5:19pm
haha, everyone will be wearing crummy armor in rebirth for a good while  Reply with quote

Drudley
PostSun 03/16/03 7:38pm
Yeah, i hope this could be added, fun to see people trying out new monsters, having no idea if they will die by one hit or the other way around  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair to say that in most cases -- speaking IC -- you'd realistically be able to gauge about how difficult an enemy would be compared to your current ability level.

Which is all you really get in the examine screen -- a rough estimate. The reality of the situation could be completely different. For instance, you may be wearing a greater swordsman's belt, or can cast Harm.

So I think it should stay in. I can't know for sure that the Ogre Eater's going to beat my arse at level 1, but I wager I can make a pretty good guess....

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true. And how many times is the Rating on a critter not a good gauge of how you'll do? If you're a level 7 the Eater shows up as Effortless, but he'll still take you all of forever to kill by yourself! The Rating is just based on the creature's level, not it's true difficulty...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Lucifer
PostSat 03/22/03 11:40pm
well the challenge rating really fools ya *sometimes*...
its messed up, my opinion

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it's not messed up. You shouldn't live by the CR, that's it..period

The CR is there to give someone a GENERAL look of what it would be like for someone who is your level, just an average character. You should look it as a look at a creature by the adventure, and it can never be exact.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostSun 03/23/03 8:17pm
also determines exp  Reply with quote

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dysotopia: The Rebirth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: