DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Next time someone cries about no events ...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Next time someone cries about no events ... Reply with quote

People always bitch about the DMs not being around or not trying to do anything. Well the other night I was trying to set up a little something that had some money and gems and a few items as the end loot ... of course I didn't come out and SAY that, I just tried to use some NPCs to get people to go on the mission. Guess what?

No takers.

Apparently those in the area whom I tried to approach to maybe check out the situation were too worried about getting levels than to RP with an NPC and go check out a possible side mission. I suppose if I had told them there was some money involved they would have jumped at it ... but why should I do that? Eventually I just told a couple other groups where the action was and they eventually made their way after it (server crashed so it didn't make any difference). Point was, though, I don't ever wanna hear any crying about lack of DM stuff when stuff like this happens.
Marine436
PostThu 03/20/03 4:29am
thats very Disapointing...

whom i want names....ive got a big stick with their names on it *wacks stick in a threating manner*

Geoff
PostThu 03/20/03 4:57am
I was going to mention how much better everyone had been about role-playing since 3.x... I guess I'm with the right people at the right time.  Reply with quote

Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should start being a bit more hateful with your little DM side quests, Conrad.

For instance: Lure people with the promise of riches and weapons, but give them nothing after they work their arse off.

icon_twisted.gif Just a thought. icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... and when Conrad finally gets something set up and the server remains stable... nobody wants it..... hehehe... I'm sorry Conrad, I really feel bad for you on that one (and Im not being sarcastic, I know how big of a thorn in your ass it is to set those up). cussing.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Frank -DK-
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sad. In the future we from <xS> will be more observative around events. I just hope that this small insident wont influence how many events there will be in the future.

Best regards
Darkovn
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 7 / 19 EXP: 7 / 19 EXP: 7 / 19
 36%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No a better Idea lure them into a alley take some daggers and stab em in the back

evil.gif Muhhaha better yet let me blow them too bits. SpiningDemon.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Conrad Reply with quote

Wow Conrad. I wasn't around. Too bad, you really do put a lot of effort into the events and I really appreciate it. I am always curious and would have jumped at the opportunity.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amused Frog
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should have an OOC shout stating that you are starting a DM event, then people may be more willing to stick around and listen to any NPC's that come and speak to them.
Aw shucks icon_wink.gif

ff1hand.gifImage03.gifImage31.gif
gaea106
PostThu 03/20/03 5:37pm
No that is very non-roleplay! I hate shouts. Geez  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that you, Conrad, walking up to me saying "I NEED HELP HERE!" and starting off a barter with 4500+ gold? Someone did that to me, and I totally roleplayed it. I didn't take the cash, instead I looked at them and asked "What is this? What's wrong?" or something, and they just ran away.

Yeah, I missed out on some good gold, trust me I regret not just taking it, but my character doesn't. He's not one to just take a bag full of that much coinage from a total stranger with no explanation.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Gesh
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ive been around 2 or 3 events but ive found them to be at night time where im from...(guess where and you may get an idea of when they may happen)

ive probally seen 1 everynight for the last 3 nights (the last one i only got the end of and saw this guy just stood there in the crypts by kravenwood man he was scary)

well as ive said i know there are plenty of events going around so keep it up conrad icon_wink.gif
Lucifer
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 9 / 33 EXP: 9 / 33 EXP: 9 / 33
 27%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad you know where i stand in this...
I am always up for events, and you know this.
I tried one time but when i was just going to enter the battle the *piiip* server crashes icon_sad.gif

Glorin wrote:
You have proven to be loyal and a generally fun guy to play with, not once have i seen you exhibit bad roleplay.

-<{Lord Lucifer The Dark One}>-
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent really had any problems so far getting people to participate in events. I run around as littlegirls, chickens, heroworshipping kids, arrogant nobles, friendly ogres, angry citizens and i've noticed it is often the out of place events that people react to. Partytalk"WTF is an ogre doing here/Chickens?/who was that girl?etc".
I must give credit to those involved in my little events for making my job a lot of fun most times. Just a tip for players, keep your eyes peeled, we're not gonna drop a warning on you that an event is about to start.
If you find an npc to interact with talk to them, you might be surprised where it leads you.
Coral_Reef
PostWed 03/26/03 3:59pm
Just a note of thanks for the event last night.

Coral_Reef!

Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'll never ever complain about a lack of DM things.

I've somehow made myself the primary target for at least one DM to try and kill on a regular basis no matter who I'm with.

I'll be damned if I know why. I know who it was once out of the last week and a half that it's been happening. The rest I have no clue who is behind it.

Sadly most of the deaths involved are the party memebers who can't take on something like Hellspawned Shadows, Lost Helmed Horrors, or Fallen Angels.

Sheesh..... I don't mind the daily ambushes but it would be nice if whoever is doing it took a little bit more care to not kill the rest of the party icon_rolleyes.gif

The one time I knew which DM it was was when Dark Strike dropped a dozen hellspaned shadows, two lost helmed horrors and a balor prime on me.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!

Good lord that is WAY too much for even several level 15-range characters ... waaaaay too much. That combo would give the level 20s from pre-wipe difficulty let alone now when better items are in short supply and only making their way into game play via a trickle.
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered some commoners dead on the ground while enjoying the countryside with some gnolls. A little boy came along but was killed by the gnolls. A little girl came along, I said "watchout for the gnolls" and a shaman zapped her. Shortest event in history lol.

At least whoever was running the event kept me busy by dropping gnoll archers and champions on top of me while they arranged for their girl and boy to die.. icon_wink.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANY event is better than no event at all. Whether it be with a tub o' gold and XP at the end or not, ANY event is a rainbow.

Damn that was ended so fluffy and nice I'm making myself sick! icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

XP
 78%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows wrote:
What?!

Good lord that is WAY too much for even several level 15-range characters ... waaaaay too much. That combo would give the level 20s from pre-wipe difficulty let alone now when better items are in short supply and only making their way into game play via a trickle.

Well it's only one level 15 character. The rest are around 6-10.

Selenia lives through the vast majority of the ambushes. I think that was starting to piss off who ever was doing it.

The one with the Fallen Angel she lived through and killed most of the little Allips and Keepers before the DM removed the rest of the mosnters.

Hell, I got knockdown immunity expressly because of the damn earthquake that hearld yet another DM ambush.

After so many I sort of had to adapt emot-yum.gif

The only complaint I have is events where we, the PCs, are supposed to portect a certain NPC.

That is well and good expect that in the last case the DM made the monsters invulnerable for a bit and then started healing one of them before changing it into a dragon and spawning monsters over and over expressly to make sure we couldn't heal the bloody Ogermage High Mage fast enoguh.

Last edited by Selenia_Genoell on Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total
Ng'ree
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14 EXP: 12 / 14
 85%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad,

what you have done makes dyso a heck of a lot more fun to play. Items and gold are hard to get nowadays, having items ID'd for 100 gp when you sell them for 1 hurts. But having the DM's participate and aloow the PC's to devellop get items and gold allows the whole dyso community to get better.

Thanks for the commitment and the time you do put in to have the sponsored events.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That event with the friendly ogre was doing wonderfull and everyone was acting their parts excellently. Unfortunately, another dm budded in on the story and screwed it all up. Pissed me off as well, won't mention names but I'm on it. As for the attacks on you, way over the top and it made me almost chuck the job as dm out of the window. Again won't mention the name, but it was the same person every time and I've written a looooong email to him to well..basically quit.
I errr...took a little revenge yesteray by spawning the chaos dragon on his character. I know i know, not the most mature thing but boy it felt good... icon_redface.gif
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Falk sounds frustrating, but who doesen't love a visit from the Chaos Dragon. icon_twisted.gif

Everyone I know loves the DM events, and we appriceate your hard work.
Balence is difficult in a mixed party, espicaly when someone like
Grok is their. Either the event is too easy, or the rest of the party may get slaughtered.

As I have reached my 16th season, I am now focusing on skills and helping others. I offer Grok to help test any thing a DM want's to try, even if it kills me. In hopes that, it will help perfect the ballance. If nessary, let me know if I will overbalance an event and I will stay away, as this will be more fair to others.

Still trying to find the lost boy in Glorin's tomb, we searched for an hour after our first sighting to no avail. It was fun weilding only torches, trying to survive, while searching for a boy, who can vanish at will.

Sir Grok (the Green) Knight of the Order of the Shining Blade
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply popping out some dragon every now and then is a poor thing to do. Just because you have the power, it doesn't mean you should brag about it all the time.

And about those hellspawn shadows attacking Selena. That battle was pretty much impossible. It started with the shadows, then a Balor Prime showed up. And then the exit (tried to escape) was guarded by lost helmed horrors.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup yup kindo never seen something so stupid from a dm

i have been in some small events that i never got anything for exept fro the importance of them all

FUN

but th helmed horrors thing was just to say look at me i'm the best youre nothing
cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif
Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

XP
 78%
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Seleina can kill the horrors via guerilla tactics. Hellspawn shadows to if I'd had the right amuelt equipped.

the CR 80 Balor on the other hand....... weirdlook.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: