DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Persuade Use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Persuade Use Reply with quote

I think there should be many more ways for Persuade to be used. Unless I'm missing something (I mean, none of my chars anywhere close to having high Persuade), I think it should at the LEAST effect the prices you have to pay and how much you can sell things back for at the shops. It would also be cool if you could try to haggle with the gem-seller, too, but I know that might require a lot more coding - and it's not like she's wanting for gems.

I'm not saying that I'm not going to find ways to use my Persuade in RP ways (if people will cooperate with me - like compare it to their INT or something). It would just be nice to see it in more places than the ale delivery quest.

Last edited by Maelstrom696969 on Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's annoying that persuade isn't used for anything, at the moment. But as Bri soon will get going with the quests he has been lying around (he's busy with servers and some of the persistancy things now I think), I am sure some of the quests involve persuade.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uin
PostMon 03/31/03 8:48pm
Being asking for this for months.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri's been beating the crap out of the servers screaming "Why won't this <explitive deleted>ing Piece of Sh<explitive deleted> f<explitive deleted> WORK!"

Let him finish and he'll start putting Pursuade uses in. I promise.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Uin
PostMon 03/31/03 9:01pm
It'll never happen, munchkin morons can't physically take points out of disc to (OMGSGS) actually be a living being that can (OMGGSGSSG) talk to ppl.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostMon 03/31/03 9:10pm
I like how he took (omgs?) a point that was made 6 months ago and (h4x?) put it back ito new discussion.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to recognize that remark by defending myself by saying that yes I know this has been mentioned before but I felt like this needed to be brought up again because it hasn't been talked about in awhile and anyways 6 months ago 3.x wasn't in beta yet. icon_razz.gif

We need more use for Persuade. Can I get an Amen.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 9:34pm
well its used for the Ogre eater heart buyer dwarf dude, if u have high persuade he pays more.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/31/03 9:38pm
Well, Glor-mo. I would rather see a more diplomatic use of oersuade aswell. Haggle for prices is nto the most interesting.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostMon 03/31/03 9:46pm
YES!!! they even allowed for a function to do that based on certain conditions in NWN script...  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: