DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Suggestion to prevent chain OOC killings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Messiah
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33 EXP: 29 / 33
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Suggestion to prevent chain OOC killings Reply with quote

Alright , lately lots of people are suffering from whinings , killings and endless struggles in forums .

This becomes annoying to everyone at some point (even to me for a person who doesn't get tired with these cat&dog situations) .

icon_question.gif First of all , let's look how do these things happen (referring to a DM's words as well) . A player does an action against another player (lets assume this is the first time and it's IC) . Now the one who has been killed or PPed or disarmed , naturally wants to take revenge of this action . If he was a newbie or has been killed by several people or if he thinks he is the uber uber super guy and thinks he can't be killed , this revenge instinct becomes more than normal .

He tries to kill the one or ones who killed her/him . Now at this point , he can succeed , or he cannot .

a: He can succeed in killing him and the dead guy is a mature guy.
b: He can succeed in killing him and the dead guy is NOT a mature guy and now he tries to take revenge .
c: He cannot succeed in killing him and he is a mature guy and stops the struggle .
d: He cannot succeed in killing him and he thinks he can benefit in going to forums to calm down .

Now due to my experiences the probability of occurance of cases (a) and (c) are below %25 .

Case (b) turns into a loop which increases the probability of occurance of (b) and (d) in the next run . As (b) happens again and again , the situation becomes chaotic and in the end it goes into forums .

Let's observe the (d) case . When it comes to forums , the people are sided with either parties . One who likes the X person are sided with him , the ones who dislikes the X person are sided against him , the ones who likes the Y person are sided with him and the ones who dislikes Y are sided against him . Let's call this process polarization .

This situation in any case reflects to the in game play , and there comes the chasings and stressful situations .

icon_idea.gif I suggest that in case of the breaking of EULA , a SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) is informed (which is either a mod or a DM) by PMs with witnesses & screenshots and the action is taken without informing the public .

If these whinings , and/or rightful complaints come into forums , it becomes a pride&honor thing for both parties to kill each other and that increases the tension . Even if the guy was a mature guy at first hand , when he sees a regardless acclaim in the forums against himself , he won't give up in his revenge instinct inside him , causing chain OOC killings .

That is my suggestion about these concepts . If EULA is broken , go to DMs private , if not get over it or take it IC and try to take your revenge . And also any whinings posts should be deleted in any forums and the user is warned not to whine in public and that he should go to DMs for those .

Otherwise it becomes a propaganda , in either way .

" I want a reason to die for , to make it beautiful to live "

Founder - coleader of the eXiled Spirits<xS>
View users profile Send private message
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, alright, I'll conform to that.

A wee bit on the lengthy side, non the less allegorical, yet slightly confusing at sections.

I'll go straight to the DM's from now on, albeit I hope I do not have to. This whole calamity can be solved easily- but the killing for no reason apparent is just a pain in the ass.

You must realize that I, as well as many other players, do not like to "seek revenge" as it were, on those who have killed us in the past. I'm simply advocating the fact that players who initiate combat with no 'IC attack mecca' are not 'fun' and as such should be dealth with accordingly- nor do I imply ban, or any thought of the sort either.

Yet without provocation, or instigation, this person comes at me full force, first maiming me with daze, then finishing me off with offensive spells.

I do not know how else to deal with this aside from going to the forums. I do not talk to him- and it was a MOD who decided that we should not communicate with each other in any shape or form. I agreed.

Post the proclaimed agreement, I was rezraped by him several times. Nothing was done about it, nor was he even warned by a MOD (at least in my knowledge). Thus I still kept my end of the bargain, but he killed me AGAIN today, with no intent. This is a personal vandetta for him- a big thing- a main event. To me its scratching an itch that willn't go away.

I'm getting very ticked off, when in fact I have done nothing to deserve this.

You must also realize, sir, that this is a 'rant' forum. People are free to rant about whatever they wish- but you're right, for the most part that situations like this should go to the DM directly.

Might you reccomend a solution to the problem? Clearly, you cannot talk sense into an adolescent 14 year old who wont agree to rules the MOD laid out in anycase, so that is not an option. Moreover, since I don't initiate anything, and he kills me, I'm pretty sure that him being 'mature', and backing out of the fiasco, is out of the question as well.

Suggestions?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West , why did you take my proposal and analysis personal ! I am one of the persons who are being accused by little whinies whenever they are killed and I am being accused of anything you can think of when I kill a person in IC . These blames even include some stupid points which are put into forums .

Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not take it personal icon_smile.gif

You seem to be the only one with more than half a brain here- your analysis was one of the more intelligent things i've read during my stay in Dysotopia... which is why I ask you for an opinion on options that I have. You clearly have more experience in this area than I do, so confronting you directly will be more productive than sorting through useless opinons of others to find something of substance.

So... what options DO I have in my situation?
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Messiah
Grandmaster

XP
 87%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West ,

I know you a bit , we have had good time together for sometime . Ogt is my best friend , and I would die for him , you should know that .

I don't know why you and Ogt had this long and endless struggle , but I will talk to Ogt about you . He thinks kinda similar to what I think , and if you easy go with him just for a bit , his thoughts about you will be softened .

I mean , think about him , he is the diamond of Dyso . A colorful person . Now think about a Dyso without him . Wouldn't it be colorless ?

Just let him drink his ale , and let him have fun with his girls . He's like a celebrity of Dyso .

On the other hand , you are a very good RPer and you are a man who has honor and your word is your promise as far as I can see . You have some different social skills whereas he has some other .

I will talk to him about you , and will try to settle things for you both .

Please remove all your prejudices about him , as he'd listen to my words hopefully .

Other than that , a struggle in forums would lead us to nowhere but gain more and more enemies . It's the same for me too . You can't imagine how I get irritated whenever I kill someone in IC and they come and try to bash me and my friends in forums because I've been banned twice . They use this fact against me for propaganda all the time . I would be the most uber super nasty bastard and would have followed these people if I was not mature(some people would know what kind of a hellbringer I can be) , but now that I think this is needless (for the moment at least) .

In conclusion , I will talk to Ogt about you and although he is rather arrogant , he would come to the same point with me I guess .

Spears
PostMon 03/31/03 11:42am
Fair enough. I'll be awaiting his reply. icon_smile.gif

Cheers

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good complaint/rant. I fully support that way of thinking, and I have been saying this for a while now, even though I gave up on it, since people don't seem to listen. EVERYTHING should end with one kill, and it should end on both sides.
Be the mature one and stop killing the next time. And whatever you do, DON'T put it in the forums, that leads to nothing.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maul'Kin
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 11 / 14 EXP: 11 / 14 EXP: 11 / 14
 78%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if what is being said is true, about the RezRape, then it means certain people (Ogt) can grief other players and not worry about it.

Nice...
View users profile Send private message Send email
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: No Reply with quote

Having been involved in at one of these incidents I can fairly say that I think that if it goes public on the forums the DMs are a little less inclined to do anything about it. Like Messiah said once it gets on the forums all sorts of people get angry and start taking sides and it becomes a huge deal with anger flying everywhere.

As for the situation I was involved in, the decisions made by the DMs was the best solutions I have seen. They didn't take party to the childish squabble, and will be monitoring it closely from now on. Had tempers remained in check and the matter been not spread all over the forum it would have turned out WAY better for everyone and been resolved much more quickly.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 9:33pm
i agree with Kindo on this one  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/31/03 9:34pm
Pfah, well, it wasn't *that* good. icon_redface.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 9:35pm
nonsense kindo, where is the love. where is it?  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 03/31/03 9:36pm
Aaww, Glorin....you're my little snuggums. kiss.gif  Reply with quote

Jase
PostMon 03/31/03 9:38pm
<--------- VERY SCARED

btw can someone summarize this? I didn't read it cause i'm lazy

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say both of you just give me some GOLD and call it even!!

yea i think stuff in game should be kept in game and you shouldnt take it OOC at all...and dont hold grudges, i been killed by OGt hellaaaaaa times...and i killed him once or twice...but its all in tha name of good fun...

but if you push it past that and start griefin and rez-rapein.....thats just bein a lil biotch...and that ruins everyones fun
coz thats just gonna piss someone off and they gonna bring it in here and blah blah blah BLAH!!
enough is enough

i propose a Toast to......GOLD!!!!

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 11:30pm
a little obsessive there, eh? *points out that this is not ic forum* wacko.gif  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter.

Maybe Alizee has some nice Large amounts of gold, which has been rising steadily in price since the market Crash. I like Messiah's Businesslike complaint. I would like to see more.

also I'd like to flame Marine at this point

I mean, c'mon, he has 16.5 posts per day, exceeding even the badgermouth, possibly the evil Bastard Spamocore, Why is he still acknowlaged on these forums???

*end of flame*
thank you.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow, unlike you, glorin, jase, and even kindo (shame on you!), almost all of marine's comments are not spam. Many are off topic however and rapidly destroy whatever topic they were put in because everyone instantly jumps on marine's posts to point out every mistake or inconsistancy in them or to simply attack her.
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well, if you call being killed IN THE ARENA rez rape i guess your right then icon_biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: