DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

the NPC guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: the NPC guards Reply with quote

Despite all the ranting about them.. i like them!
They finally managed to do what no one had done before in Eleriina - stop people from weilding their weapons in town! HOORRAY for guards...

two tinny suggestions though:
- I think it would be cooler if they looked more "human". Something like... regular guards, instead of those uber scary blue chicks... icon_wink.gif
- They could use torches at night (ive seen this in another MOD and it looks SOOOOO cool) icon_mrgreen.gif
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the king has declared martial law and they are the servants of the kind, their ub3r g34r signifys how ub3r the guards are. The Lady of Eleriina and Lord of Kravenwood are unable to defend their own city so the king has to do it for them.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marine436
PostSun 03/30/03 5:45pm
they could disarm, instead of kill, that would shut nel up, about the Childern

god she always whines, it drives me nut's

ShadowCore
PostSun 03/30/03 5:59pm
But that wouldn't be as effective as this, besides, it's way cooler this way icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

they could disarm, instead of kill

What about monks? icon_wink.gif
Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: the NPC guards Reply with quote

Ectovult wrote:

- I think it would be cooler if they looked more "human". Something like... regular guards, instead of those uber scary blue chicks... icon_wink.gif

I have to agree with this point... Not very welcoming for visitors to see overgrown Smurfets wielding electric swords......

And why the name "Perfect Unity"? It sounds almost like the computer network system I use at work... How about Sexy Eleriina Guard Babe or something less... techy?

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
View users profile Send private message Send email
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the disarm point, I think that would be cool, but what about when Ele comes under attack? Would you rather have them defend the city with the rest of the people or just disarm the monsters that don't even have weapons...? I was on the 2.x server the other day and a monster wondered in from the rift gate. With my Uber cool magical powers I went to kill it and it seemed pretty tough, well needless to say the unity came over and smacked it REALLY hard... it fell down and I didn't get to see what the XP was from the baddie...

Also, I suppose there won't be any more fights in Kravenwood, like thier used to be... what does everyone think of this? Bad, good... no one cares??

That was simply a question, just putting it out on the table. icon_biggrin.gif

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ectovult wrote:
Quote:

they could disarm, instead of kill

What about monks? icon_wink.gif

Hands aren't considered wepaons(you can hardly chop off someones hands because he has them..) so there is no breach of rules in the first place.

Well, the no more fights part could be better...but it could also be worse. In any case, if you would want to fight, you could go outside the city anyway.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: the NPC guards Reply with quote

Ectovult wrote:

- I think it would be cooler if they looked more "human".
:

icon_rolleyes.gif who said they were human icon_rolleyes.gif
RedStorm
PostMon 03/31/03 8:41am
they are smurfs! blue and strange  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hands aren't considered wepaons(you can hardly chop off someones hands because he has them..)

Well, it's not like those monks couldn't have chosen another carreer...
I'd say chop them off and let a healer attach them again when they leave town!
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrrr....riiiight Falkhor.

In any case, I think they are fine now. The fact that they are blue and alien explains why they are better than everyone else, and it warns people that these guys have actual power.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragoons Rage
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off i like to say that the gaurds in kravenwood and sylvandale are problems to RPers. How can someone pull a sword on someone in RP and keep it out without being killed by one of the guards. And what of DM events? Drow can no longer attack Sylvandale since the guards will kill everyone that is fighting back. I think the guards in these cities should be taken out but the ones in Elerina should be left. This will allow people to be able to RP like they once did...

Not Even Death Will Stop A Paladin.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Marine436
PostMon 03/31/03 6:18pm
Dm's can Turn the guards off

there is 2 ways to do this

Limpo, or "Kill"

I prefer the latter

Dragoons Rage
PostMon 03/31/03 6:20pm
I would still like the idea of taking them out completely but if they can be taken out for special events im ok with it.  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
PostMon 03/31/03 6:27pm
Why would it make it harder for people to RP that you need to put your weapon away? That's as RP as it gets...  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragoons Rage wrote:
First off i like to say that the gaurds in kravenwood and sylvandale are problems to RPers. How can someone pull a sword on someone in RP and keep it out without being killed by one of the guards.

Hmmm....let's see....you pull your weapon out to threaten someone while in town, and a guard walks up and tells you to put it away or you'll get dead. They're keeping the peace. Sounds like RP to me.

Something that's been suggested before that I think would really round out their main role: have them use the character's name they are talking to when warning them they had better disarm. This would not only be cool, but also I had a friend who was new to 3.x get diced because he was standing around a bunch of people, and didn't know the Unity was talking to him, and didn't know he still had his darts out (after a restart). Kinda lame to get killed and lose XP and gold for absolutely no good reason. icon_neutral.gif

RedStorm wrote:
they are smurfs! blue and strange

Maybe someone should make a Gargamel char... icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Shin2k
PostMon 03/31/03 8:42pm
How bout normal guards, that are not invurnable, not blue, have a regular name and can be bribed!!!

EDIT: AND MAKE THEM MALE!!! heh

Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 11:19pm
umm that made pretty much no sense....I like the guards how they are.  Reply with quote

Ivan Man
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25
 12%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was killed by the guards, because my comp loads slow, and i walked away from the computer. When i came back I was dead, the guards had killed me cause my weapon was out when i had quit before. This rule can get annoying sometimes.

RRROOOAAARRR (or Mish Mack)
badgeranim.gif BOW TO ME Image13.gif

HEHE YES YES
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: