DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Could we get a shooting range in the arena?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
g-lide
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Could we get a shooting range in the arena? Reply with quote

I know people sometimes sponsor tournaments in the arena for sparring and such. I was wondering if we could get a shooting range with bull's-eye targets and distance range markers for those who wish to compete with their marksmanship in the arena?

If multiple bull's-eye targets could be placed with varying distances (and maybe modify their AC - to hit [from the spectrum of very easy to nigh impossible to hit unless you're a ranged god] - and the competitor could simply examine the target to determine how hard or easy the target is to hit etc.) I think it would make an interesting (robin hood-ish) test of skill and sportmanship without the bloodshed. Not that the bloodshed is bad since it's in the arena, afterall, but it'd be nice to congratulate your opponent when he/she wins while you're still alive, ya know.

It'd be nice to add lines and markers (fences etc.) to actually specify starting locations, judge boxes, spectator locations etc. (kinda like a court).

It would be nice for us less-recognized ranged fighters to show off our slinging, archery, dart-throwing, axe-throwing, shuriken etc. skills or to simply settle difference through a friendly game of "darts" with a nice frothy pint of ale. icon_wink.gif

Just my $0.02

Thanks for hearin' me out
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohhh, this is a nice idea...I like even though I never use ranged weapons. It'd be a cool Roleplay opportunity, and it would be very nice to see some competition out there without people killing eachother all the time...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 03/31/03 8:30pm
*props* Excellent!  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 03/31/03 11:01pm
nice idea!! keep em coming  Reply with quote

gaea106
PostMon 03/31/03 11:08pm
Really cool Idea!!!  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all these other posts were single line and thus spam.

It'd be better I think to base a game off of these, with a script on the "On attacked" slot that tells you the score of your shot (Bullseye, 1st ring, etc and a point value (100 pts for a bullseye))with set area depending on your roll (50+ = bullseye, 40 = 1st ring, 30 = 2nd ring, etc) and you play it as a game similar to the BlackJack game.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see teapot deomstrates a good point here, first tp brings up the point that spam is best used when its in long paragraphs when it is not to be considered spam but more just looks like u have some thing to say. Secondly Tp brings up a great addition to the idea started by gl-ide. I think that is what we should be doing instead of saying, Good job bri. we should be saying "well it could be made possible by doing this"

good job tp! cool.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostTue 04/01/03 9:48pm
I love you, Glorin.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
I think that is what we should be doing instead of saying, Good job bri. we should be saying "well it could be made possible by doing this"

I wasn't saying how it could be done, i was offering a modification, instead of a range or AC bump, it could get the attack roll and determine a score based on that. that way we won't have a seemingly diamond or adamantite target on our shooting range, but simply a different score. this will be a bit harder to make, but it could give a better, more polished look to the Shooting range.

Also glorin, i love the Ironic twist of your "TP brings up a good point that spam should be used in long paragraphs", It seemed so appropriate for your post...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: