DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

3 Easten Islands

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Is is possible to RP 3 Islands that are "exactly" the same?
Yes, it's possible, and it's your job to figure out how to RP it.
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
I don't care if it's possible, I'll never go back there again!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
No, it's not possible and some differences should be implemented.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
I'm a power gamer and I don't have time to RP at such a low level.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What is an Eastern Isle anyway?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm level 15 and still on the eastern Isle... How do I leave?
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

ElbowJoint
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: 3 Easten Islands Reply with quote

I need som RP help.

How do I RP the fact that I can rift gate to 3 exact lands, with the exact NPC's there. I tried to act surprised that the General Store was run by the same dude...

Especially since one of my newest friends was taking his time using the jewel collector's services (or better yet, she was take her time with him) and I hopped over to the other Island to use the same jewel collector.

We did our best to role play this, but we eventually shrugged our shoulders and bashed some bugbear skulls.

Any suggestions on how to RP 3 exact lands with 3 exact stores and jewel collectors?

Thanks.

...a believer in balance...
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it IS possible. Just see it as one island, all three of them. And look at the rift gate as OOC. It's merely a device to get to your friends and stuuf, and shouldn't be used IC. That's how I deal with it anyway.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pillb0x
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56 EXP: 25 / 56
 44%

I still think, now that the massive rush of people is over, it may be time to think about taking it down to one island. And mabye even expanding on it a little.

Also, I think it would be great if everyone had access to a simmilar island, seperate from the one the 'lowbies' use, for RP reasons.

Theres so many interesting RP possibilites there, I dont like being limited, is all.

Kindo wrote:
Are you some kind of newspaper-editor-publisher thingie?

Conrad Hollows wrote:
15min of effort (on anything other than trying to max their character) is more than most are willing to give back ...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%

The islands were done that way to cut down on lag when it was assumed there'd ne a bucnh of people trying to move around out there. The rift to portal to different ones was added so that people could team up with their friends. I do believe Bri is going to eliminate at least one of the islands before too long.
ElbowJoint
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I posted here in the Help forum because I know "why" there are 3 islands... I just want some opinions on how to RP this fact.

Also, the rift gate being OOC? I think not! All the effort to build temples, NPC's and story lines around the rift gate is too important!!! Many of our best stories and adventures include using the riftgate. I refuse to believe that the rift gate is OOC.

Well anyway, any other "helps" on RPing the eastern islands?

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean JUST that rift-gate, not the other ones. Because there is NO way to handle that rift-gate IC.

Oh, and Bri stripped it down to 2 isles now.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow, i think thats his point
Quote:

Because there is NO way to handle that rift-gate IC.

Thanks for the answer I guess icon_cool.gif
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that they should all be treated as the exact same place. I tend to view it as something like this: when I use one of those riftgates, I travel through a space-time continuum-bending-thingy-thing. So it's like there are 3 (or now 2? cool - that's all we need now) different locations, technically, but they all occupy almost the exact same space, they're just ever-so-slightly out of time with each other. So people can communicate with each other, but can't see each other if they're both on 2 different islands.

Whee! Star Trek meets Dysotopia! Eyecrazy.gif

btw, I chose the last option because it's funny as hell
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it really matters, not every single detail has to be rped. Somethings are in the game for ooc reasons, and they need to be there. You don't see people taking a break a few times a day because they need to go to take a shit. now do you?
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I usually see people take a s**t right in their pants while talking to me. Oh no, sorry! My mistake! What I meant was most people usually have s**t coming out of their mouths, without taking a break.

I try to RP everything, actually. And this has got me thinking, now: I think that Rebirth needs public restrooms. And you should slowly get the "urge to go" more and more the longer you play (it would be a percentage like hunger and fatigue that you could see when 'examining' yourself'), and if you didn't visit a restroom and 'use' one of the loo's before hitting 100%, then you'd give off the same kind of effect that a Stink Beetle has, but for like 1 entire game day. Or maybe there could be showers, too? Come to think of it, I suppose Male char's could just "use" trees for this, but only once or twice a game day.

Of course, whether 'using' something before 100% or not, you'd be immediately reduced back to 0%.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it as time shifting i guess icon_neutral.gif icon_confused.gif
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll is unfairly stacked, makes me think of the poll i got asked by some news paper once about how I felt about accusations that a .. nm.. I'm way off topic -
Fix your poll, I think it makes just as much sense as having two servers with the same vault and same mod on them. Just treat them like "the other eastern isle" it doesn't need an explaination, its magic. If you really need a reason behind it, go talk to our resident bards.
ElbowJoint
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malakalam, the poll is supposed to be funny... (I guess I failed at that... *grin*). I just need some RP help (by the way, very few people ask for RP help in this forum for some reason....).

I like the time-space thingy. IC: Gosh I have to crap. And, GLORIN!!! Always, always, always stay IC! There is nothing in the game that can't be IC!!!! OOC is for the weak of mind!

Thanks for your help on this stuff.... icon_lol.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: