DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"DM or Hacker" post in "Chatter": Please

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: "DM or Hacker" post in "Chatter": Please Reply with quote

Because I'm now concerned about this, Please go to this topic I posted in the "Chatter". This is the "DM or Hacker" post I made:

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3475

A side note, this person claimed to know Gorb.
Can I get a conformation?

Sorry if this seems like spam, I just want people to be aware of this.
View users profile Send private message
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when those kind of thing happend.

rules n1 do not use tell to reply use the DM channel (you will be able to see if its a real dm or not)

rules n2 take the full detail of the player is possible (like account name)

rules n3 take screeny ( you did well)

rules n4 make a post in this forum + send a PM to GorbGuy

as kindo reply to you in the chatter it is been dealed with.

Ps: in the official annoncement you have the list of the DM/Admin (account name)
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my analysis of your screenshots, and carfully reading what it was EXACTLY this person wrote to you, the person in question is ONLY guilty of saying he/she was a DM. Now on thier defense I believe they were just getting agrevated and blurtted this out. Never once did they ask for an IP and in more cases than not I believe they only wanted to have you confirm this by checking the site against your IP, and respond with a yes/no answer. They were asking your windows version to obviously direct you to DOS (more than likely) so they could give you some commands to run in there to check your IP.

The real question I believe is why you? Prehapse your a trusted name and they believed youd be nice enough to assist them. Although it would have been wiser to ask upon a more computer litterate person. (or a DM/Mod, but that goes without saying)

If you haven't guess it by now, giving out your IP is bad. Think of it as giving out your home address. Someone on here could be a serial killer or marine(im really just jokeing). They might come to your house and then.......... KILL YOU! (added drama)

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
GorbGuy
PostThu 04/03/03 2:40pm
See previous posting...  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: