DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Death!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Dark / Omen
PostThu 04/03/03 4:17pm
I say when the bank gets done if you die you loose all the gold that you are carrying when you die not what you have in the bank though.  Reply with quote

Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, if you hate some one so much, you could in face do a Duel to the perment Death

While agreeing the conflict is IC, you agree OOC, the loseing char, shall not be played anymore

Nel has a few on her list
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if there was something like in D2 (OH NO! I said the evil D2 word! Flaming commence! icon_rolleyes.gif ) anyways, when you start a char, *choose* to have it marked for Perma Death or not. However, it could always be Rezzed or Raised, of course. I know this couldn't be done at the character creation screen, but I'm sure that if you just sent a request to a Bri or Gorb, etc., they could flag your char as this. But once it's on there.... "No removey!" *wags finger*
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
expansia
Grandmaster

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41 EXP: 10 / 41
 24%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the death system is just fine. I know a lot of people don't like it, though. Many friends have left because the new dyso is "too hard." This isn't a click-attack-and-go-get-a-drink server anymore. You need to think about what you're doing and prevent death. If you're going out to fight something unfamiliar, take plenty of healing potions, etc. Be prepared! If you're a cronic death victim, you're not going to make any progress what so ever. I don't think you should, either. It actually takes some work, planning, and effort to get ahead now. I bet if you ask those upper level players, they can count on one hand how many times they have died.

As far as the pping a corpse goes, I'm all for that, too. The mod creators have been trying for the longest time to get people to party and stop soloing. Well, here's just another reason. Clerics have become vital to parties, as have mages with raise dead/resurestion scrolls. You need someone, even if it's not a "friend" to look out for you. Again, finding a party takes some effort.
Maestro
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proving Grounds is a perm death server with no stores only tradeskills, and its empty now because you spend 20 minutes making your character, get wasted in 2, start over. I think there should be an afterlife that forces you to do some hideous thing like take an neg ability mod until you complete a quest for your diety/alignment, also I think on death players should drop all gold,potions,gems, etc but leave weapons/armour/food/etc (This insures you can always make a living, nothing beats being on a perm death server with no weapons,money,or gold) Plus you'd drive the DM's nuts trying to get rez'd after every lag death. (you all know what I mean) That would promote RP and party play for sure (HARD THO)
-Maestro icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. how do you die from lag? For me it only lags the creatures icon_twisted.gif
2. Its not perm death if you can do a quest to get out of it. In perm death I beleave you lay there untill u get rezed.
3. Some kind of quest would be great! Something like in another PW. When you die you got to hell heaven whereever, then you must try to kill something, if you fail you lose nothign and go on to do a quest, if you fail you lose nothing, then for the final challange you must answer a riddle or something(this would have to change often). Just doing a quest I think would be fine. What would happen if you lost tho? Hmmm well i will let the DMs and older player think of that, I like the idea tho.
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that visiting hell / limbo / heaven affects your character profoundly and it takes them a while to get back to "normal" once they return. A 5 or 10 minute negative level / ability applied to those who are not raised or ressed on top of the existing 5 mins to respawn seems a reasonable penalty to me.

On the topic of dropping stuff on death, I think that if you cant loot the bloody mess of meat on the ground, then there shouldnt be anything dropped either.
View users profile Send private message
Jenus
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9 EXP: 4 / 9
 44%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea. It's a little of everything put to geather.
On death goto_ heven-limbo-hell.

Drop a "player corpse" where you died.

And you cant respawn untill someone comes and rezz you or pick you up and takes you to a temple and pays depending of level of the dead for the cleric to rezz you.

That way you get your pelenty for dieing, no one steals you blind(as if you wanna steal for dead bodys then only rogues could do but to be "realstic" anyone could steal from a dead body not much of a challenge.), and if you wanna be able to respawn at the cost of all your xp gained for that level. Just a thought. But way i see to make everyone happy.

Plus you could pick up player corpse of your enemys and sell them to friends. Or hord them till a crash or the like. but put a hefty wieght limit on them and not to be able to put in a bag of holding. that why if ya wanna hord them you will be weighed down.
Falkhor
PostFri 04/04/03 9:24am
In pen and paper i believe you lose a constitution point each time you die and when you lose all constitution death is permanent.  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostFri 04/04/03 12:14pm
Lets not go that far.  Reply with quote

richard goldthumb
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22 EXP: 10 / 22
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenus wrote:
I have an idea. It's a little of everything put to geather.
On death goto_ heven-limbo-hell.

Drop a "player corpse" where you died.

And you cant respawn untill someone comes and rezz you or pick you up and takes you to a temple and pays depending of level of the dead for the cleric to rezz you.

That way you get your pelenty for dieing, no one steals you blind(as if you wanna steal for dead bodys then only rogues could do but to be "realstic" anyone could steal from a dead body not much of a challenge.), and if you wanna be able to respawn at the cost of all your xp gained for that level. Just a thought. But way i see to make everyone happy.

tis is true enoufh before i played dyso i played on a server who got this kinda system and it works pritty good
its a rollplay game and when you die in tabletop you cant respawn also just pooof here i am again
if youre unlucky maybe you sit there for hrs or no one wants to rez you that is maybe the crappy part
it wil also hold ppl form venturing on there on all the time (not that this is bad i like to be alone also sometime) but you will be more careful where you go hunt afterall it can take hrs before someone passes into that area and finds ya body and also indeed you can loot the corpse anyone can do that there is no trouble in it
i think this would be a great thing because seriously ppl will play more wiht one charachter also because you are lvl 20 you got evryhting you want what is there to do for you then nothing at all
this way whenever you die you have the trouble of gettting youre charachter ready again
i think it will be great when they put this is but i'm also sure that alot ofppl who saying now oooh yeah do something like that will wine about it to mods /dms because they will always find a exuse of damn i got killed so lame i lost this and i lost that and i want it back
aah well this is my opinion
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In pen and paper i believe you lose a constitution point each time you die and when you lose all constitution death is permanent.

you lose a level when you ressurect, and if you're level 1, you lose a point of constitution permantly. If your constitution ever hits 0 (from poison or something) you die, and if its always zero, you're.. well.. lets just say undead have no consititution score (in pen and paper) for a reason.

edit: On a side note - in PnP, generally if you die at level 1-3, its time to make a new character.

Last edited by Malakalam on Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: