DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Just plain bad luck...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Snares
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59 EXP: 17 / 59
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Just plain bad luck... Reply with quote

Today was a terrible day for gaming, at least for me. I was dazed by a High Skeletal Priest, Harmed and put to rest. That was okay, it shouldn't be too difficult to get 1000+ xp back down there in the crypts, so continued my training. Then comes along Serrah Kerrigan (or at least it would appear to be so in-game) and she seems to have an odd tendency of having barge into my battles. Spilling area effect spells over whatever kills I can find. This was getting annoying. Further down the road she runs up to me and casts Harm. She failed but I was alarmed, like, "wtf". This was going totally OOC and I spoke OOC to her, telling her to quit barging into my kills and taking whatever I could have. She begins to speak in some bizzarre foreign language. By now I'm really beginning to get ticked off by all this and taunted her ooc.

I make my way out and she begins to chase me, which obviously meant she understood that was a taunt in English and what I was telling her all this while. I only made it so far to Kravenwood Lowlands before being slained. Another 1210xp gone, and for no apparent reason at all. This got me rather mad (people just wanting to be almighty and powerful) and I begun to retalliate verbally whether or not she understood it.

Shortly after I was ressurrected. Serrah Kerrigan now spoke fluent english much to my surprise and I thought it was some sort of mockery. I tell her that it was bad for her to be killing other people like that without any reason and she tells me I was calling her things... At this point I'm like... anyone would, given what she'd done. The conversation continues and I learnt from her that it was her brother (who was only 11 years-old) on the computer and didn't know any better.

At this moment my modem decides to disconnect me and NWN hangs. Reboot... wait... wait... load silly desktop things... load NWN again, connect... wait wait... I'm then back in Kravenwood Lowlands again, intact (thank goodness for that). I send Serrah Kerrigan a PM telling her that she ought to teach her brother some game etiquette before letting letting him onto the computer like that. It was simply a bad excuse, just because he was 11 years-old, one would be allowed to run around ruining the gaming experience for everyone else. She then tells me she was in the bathroom - implying that she had no power or responsibilty over her brother - and that I should "bug off".

I hadn't received even a word of apology for the unnecessary trouble I went through... but what the hell... I'd enough of trying to level up for today, so back to Eleriina. And guess what? A welcoming party was prearranged for my return to town - a Soul Seeker. I made a run for it but ran straight into the fountain, getting stuck there. Trapped like fish in a barrel, the Soul Seeker put an end to my day in Dysotopia. That's 3000+ xp wasted and several hours of unproductivity. Wonderful... icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye.....i wish, are timezones where better snares, while Nel thinks your Rude, i frankly, love your Charachter, and your Roleplaying

*sigh*

good luck, getting that Exp, back, for the record, it gets really really really slow, at high levels
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares, i didn't want to post about it as we're able to handle it quite well on our own (ya know, the halfling connection), but it wasn't Sarah's little brother who killed you.
She pulls the same stunts on everyone in the path to Kravenwood. She casts aoe spells on trolls so people get hurt, or just casts acid arrows on trolls who are near death. Wouldn't matter much to me, if she wants to play an annoying char, so be it.
But, she and her friend Loki (without a surname!) also attacked friends of mine totally unprovoked, and when for example Drorry killed Loki after he attacked her for having and "undead servant" (a lawful good outsider hound archon), she began following us and would cast harm when we were busy fighting trolls, so we couldn't defend ourselves.
I tried to talk to both of them, IC and OOC, and they brought up various excuses, such as:
"I'm lawful good, and a good friend of the druids, Drorry was chopping the trees" (Drorry is a wizard and can't chop wood icon_rolleyes.gif
"She had a undead servant" - "it's a hound archon, not an undead" - "Ya, but that's an evil outsider!" - "No, it's a lawful good outsider!" - "Ok, but I'm neutral evil, so I have to kill her!"
"You were leaching XP from me" ( I get 9xp per troll and were there to observe her)
Anyways, it's not her little brother, but what do you expect from someone playing with a star craft char name icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, alright, this doesn't sound really good, and frankly, I think some DMs should talk to her.

And Snares, you are one unlucky fellow icon_wink.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A starcraft name.... *looks at his character: Fenyx*
*turns red*
okay, bout the post...
I will make sure I watch out for the Sarah Kerrigan, half zerg bLtch. And also this Loki fellow. If anyone could just get some screenshots of this then it can be reported, as in with evidence. For now all I can say is poor snares. Ah well, in the end it doesn't matter...

icon_evil.gif
gaea106
Hero

XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Uh Reply with quote

I am confused I guess. Some one had told me that she was a DM... I assume that this is not true based on these posts. That also helps me understand another situation...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Selenia_Genoell
PostTue 04/01/03 5:16pm
*sigh* not another one.....  Reply with quote

gaea106
PostTue 04/01/03 5:38pm
Selenia is correct. Please take player issues directly to the DMs and Mods via PM. It is really better that way.  Reply with quote

Muric
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35 EXP: 3 / 35
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the weight of evidence is piling up about this Sarah Kerrigan. It all stinks of serial ooc griefing. It pains me to hear about a good member of our gaming community like Snares (an all-around nice guy) having to deal with this crap. I have seen both of these tricks before: pretending you don't speak English, as well as claiming that your brother/sister/grandmother/pet lizard was controlling your character at the time. How sad.

Selenia said "not another one". Possibly. But also don't ignore the possibility this may be one of the old ones in a new skin.

Last time I saw her, Sarah was level 15 (14 cleric / 1 fighter), so this should be taken into account. I wonder what were the levels of her victims.

Snares, hang in there. Although I like the new death penalties, I know how frustrating it is to have a day like that where you lose so much xp. Especially the soul seeker death... those are particularly frustrating. You did the right then by venting here. Now relax, take a break, maybe have a drink, and get back to it once the frustration passes. See ya in-game.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah she doesn't like to take on equals very much. She was starting things with the halflings in the Crypts. After Lilly and another showed up she promptly left the area. Later our hunting pack ran into her and her friend Loki again and IC Lilly started taunting her because she had attacked Brynn and Drorry. But she rufused to say anything at all and just stood there knowing that she was severely out numbered and that halflings are invincible. Anyhow from what I've seen she is a class AA griefer. She just better watch herself around the halflings from here on out.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

and that halflings are invincible

not to healing spells

icon_biggrin.gif
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I posted this here mainly as a rant to help release the anger and frustration. Thanks for replying and the share of thoughts, I've pretty much gotten over the incident, though I'll be more cautious when dealing with this particular individual next time - having read some of the other witness accounts here.

gaea106 wrote:
Please take player issues directly to the DMs and Mods via PM. It is really better that way.

Firstly, I have no idea whether her story about her "brother" was authentic or not. I was really just going to put the whole matter to rest thinking I had logged in at just the wrong moment. The reason why this was posted here is because this is after all, the Rant Department (and given the circumstances I think I'd have deserved at least a post for emotional release and ranting). Besides, things are getting somewhat constructive here, more than being a mere flame session (which isn't the case), thus I don't see why this post wouldn't go here.

Muric wrote:

You did the right then by venting here. Now relax, take a break, maybe have a drink, and get back to it once the frustration passes. See ya in-game.

Hehe, I wouldn't want to miss out the fun in Dysotopia just because of some silly incident (and the series of mishaps). I'll definitely be there. icon_wink.gif
gaea106
Hero

XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares wrote:
Well I posted this here mainly as a rant to help release the anger and frustration. Thanks for replying and the share of thoughts, I've pretty much gotten over the incident, though I'll be more cautious when dealing with this particular individual next time - having read some of the other witness accounts here.

gaea106 wrote:
Please take player issues directly to the DMs and Mods via PM. It is really better that way.

Firstly, I have no idea whether her story about her "brother" was authentic or not. I was really just going to put the whole matter to rest thinking I had logged in at just the wrong moment. The reason why this was posted here is because this is after all, the Rant Department (and given the circumstances I think I'd have deserved at least a post for emotional release and ranting). Besides, things are getting somewhat constructive here, more than being a mere flame session (which isn't the case), thus I don't see why this post wouldn't go here.

Simple misunderstanding. I wasn't implying that you don't have the right to rant. You do. icon_lol.gif

We have all recently seen issues like this one escalate on the forums however. I was suggesting that if you continue to have trouble with this person after this 'post for emotional release and ranting' to then PM the DMs or Mods directly with further issues. emot-heartbeat.gif
Snares
PostTue 04/01/03 9:01pm
Ah kay! Got that down. icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast she should've felt sorry for her brother ruining your gaming. People who can't ask for forgiveness are lame. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
PaulJonas
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand I think that the people who are suggesting that you take things directly to the DM's have a very good point. No reason to escalate things here. However, my own feelings of self-preservation definately drive me to appreciated being notified in advance of troublemakers, so you'll get no complaints from me.
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also had an "encounter" with Sarah while I was level 8. Same modus operandii - myself alone killing a troll, she appears, casts harm and runs off.

No RP (not that I think you have to talk to someone before you kill them, that depends on the situation) was involved, just a run and zap.

I suspect a fair dose of halfling "Karma" may be invoked if this sort of thing continues.
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i had an encounter with her ,but it got solved after a few words and a few kills icon_biggrin.gif, now were in good terms
Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindo wrote:
Atleast she should've felt sorry for her brother ruining your gaming. People who can't ask for forgiveness are lame. icon_sad.gif

AM I LAME!!!!!!?????
Froja
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 21 / 22 EXP: 21 / 22 EXP: 21 / 22
 95%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muric wrote:

Selenia said "not another one". Possibly. But also don't ignore the possibility this may be one of the old ones in a new skin.

Last time I saw her, Sarah was level 15 (14 cleric / 1 fighter), so this should be taken into account.

I see Sarah and Loki a lot in game . They don't steal my loot. I've observed them a bit . They know Dyso more than most of the players , and they level up really fast . I am suspicious that they "might" be one of the old ones in a new skin as Muric implies . They don't want to get into trouble with higher level players but they chose to slay the lower levels . Keep an eye on them I suggest ...
help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else
i want to fuck you like an animal
i want to feel you from the inside
i want to fuck you like an animal
my whole existence is flawed
you get me closer to god
Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah and Loki have both been "Zapped" as Selenia puts it when they came after her when she tried to get them to stop their attacks on lower levels.

It's small consolation Snares but they both at least recived some payback.
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, though I've got a feeling we haven't seen the last of Miss Kerrigan here. Having read the responses here, it's just rather unpleasant that such players are around to ruin the server, especially for people who have just found Dysotopia and new to it (the low level victims of senseless PKing). The fact that all this is done out-of-character and essentially malicious... it's just plain disruptive.

dreamin' wrote:
I tried to talk to both of them, IC and OOC, and they brought up various excuses, such as: "I'm lawful good, and a good friend of the druids, Drorry was chopping the trees" (Drorry is a wizard and can't chop wood icon_rolleyes.gif "She had a undead servant" - "it's a hound archon, not an undead" - "Ya, but that's an evil outsider!" - "No, it's a lawful good outsider!" - "Ok, but I'm neutral evil, so I have to kill her!"

I do see both Sarah and Loki rather often in the crypts. I do not know what connection the two share, though Loki happens to be in the Druid Circle - which of course concerns me too. I'll have to look into this further, though my impressions of Sarah Kerrigan are certainly far from anything good.
Selenia_Genoell
PostFri 04/04/03 2:45am
There are two Loki's.

The nice one that has a last name and the one that goes with Sarah and is just named "Loki"

Snares
PostFri 04/04/03 3:52am
Yeah I'm aware of that, Loki and Loki Fearshield.  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

XP
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snares wrote:
, it's just rather unpleasant that such players are around to ruin the server, especially for people who have just found Dysotopia and new to it (the low level victims of senseless PKing)..

i differ here, ´chaotic people are needed, if everyone were goodies goodies, this good be veeeery boring, same goes for people killing without a real strong ic reason , i mean, very few murderers in the street have real reasons to kill, like: "what you dont give me your wallet i kill you?", lol thats no reason to kill anyone, but it happens every day, every hour.

sooo my point is, yeah some might be scum like myself, but it makes the server fun, one cant be happy all the time can one?
its nice to be angry now and then, Keep it up snares!!! dont remember seeing you angry before either, so i guess it was cool that this happened...

ciao

p.s. Loki Fearshield is the man!
Snares
Hero

XP
 28%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:

its nice to be angry now and then, Keep it up snares!!! dont remember seeing you angry before either, so i guess it was cool that this happened...

Lol... okaaay... icon_rolleyes.gif Well I'm not against evil characters or anything, my current one's neutral evil himself. Guess I was just a bit edgy by the horrible line-up of mishaps that night! emot-yum.gif Still I think Sarah should work out her rules of engagement somewhat - that harm and run thing is kinda... like, "HUH??"

SNARES of the Dysotopian Druid Circle
dreamin'
Hero

XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small note:
IN RL or "a realistic fantasy setting", the chaotic killer sooner or later gets catched and then probably is out for life.
So, if people want to play chars like this, they should plan and play along with their perma death after a while. You can't expect to play a chaotic, random killer indefinately, it's just stupid to expect other people play your victim over and over
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Dreamin' that was perfect...
All these respawning freakkilling people, I'm so supporting you on this one!!
And I think anyone that wants to play such a character, should listen to this aswell.... its just way better RP
weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif weirdlook.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: