DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A shop for archers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: A shop for archers Reply with quote

Please make a merchant that sells arrows (relatively) cheaply. Plain old arrows just don't cut it against many of the creatures in Dyso. We archers need a stock of specialized arrows to be effective, but there's no way we can afford them at the current prices. Even in Eleriina a quiver of 99 fire arrows sells for about 1600. Sure, you might find a few while adventuring, but even a large party cannot find enough to keep an archer from running out, since even a mediocre archer can spend a quiver in less than 5 minutes.

I realize that fletching will probably be added with tradeskills, but in the meantime please set up a merchant to sell arrows, bolts and bullets for less. You wouldn't have to include the bows and such, just the ammo. It gets consumed too quickly to justify buying it at current prices. Thanks.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
pyrosmurfs
Master

XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... I dunno how you built your char but when I had Elvin Chant, he only used regular arrows untill he got the best gloth bow (unlimited ice arrows) and honestly even AFTER I got that bow, there wasn't a noticable damage diffrence. I believe that those arrows are basically meant to be used against an enemy that is partiularly weak against the arrows element. Although since it will be just about impossible to ever acquire that Ice bow any more, something DOES need to be done, maybe a similar bow but cheaper and for lower levels or atleast the supposed new max levels (15-17). I plan on remaking Elvin after I'm am done with Dark-Knaw sooo I'll see with first hand expeirence how the new version has weakened the Archers...

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Uin
PostThu 04/03/03 11:28am
Free/dirt cheap enchanced arrows are something I've asked for loads of times.  Reply with quote

Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with a "smaller" version of the unlimited ammo bow. the starting level is 13 and progresses rapidly. Here, look at some examples.

Longbow A:

Unlimited Ammo: Fire arrows

Level 13.

Longbow B:

Unlimited Ammo: Fire arrows
+3 Attack Bonus

Level 16.

Longbow C:
Attack Bonus +4
Cast Spell: Cat's Grace (15) 2 Uses/Day
Unlimited Ammunition: Arrow Ammo: +1d6 Fire

Level 20.
View users profile Send private message
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, know this is a good point, but they still should be pretty expensive. I mean, you're talking about *100* *magic* items. Doesn't matter how small they are, they're *magical*. I'd say that this justifies each of them being worth 50-100 gp each, so maybe a max of 1,000 gp per quiver would be good.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Uin
PostThu 04/03/03 6:16pm
How about a max of 100gp per quiver, which makes actual sense in gamplay terms. Magic schagic, if archers are unplayble, DnD is lost.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main character is a Ranger who is quite skilled with the bow. 100gp for 100 magical arrows is a steal. If you're not willing to cough up the dough for a little extra damage, deal with it, or use something else along *with* your bow. Personally, Raisthenal will hopefully be quite the expert with the two-bladed sword eventually, too.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never played a ranger or an arrow user, but I have used a bow for fun in the past...i agree, those arrows go pretty quick and esp. with the money situation of a 10 and lower char...
pyrosmurfs
Master

XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats worse though is when you actually DO pay that huge amount for 1 quiver and then every shot you MISS with that quiver brings great pain to ones heart...

*plunk* HIT
*plunk* MISS
*plunk* MISS
*plunk* MISS
*plunk* MISS
-EQUIP REG. ARROWS-
*plunk* HIT
*plunk* HIT
*plunk* HIT
*plunk* HIT
*plunk* HIT

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol pyro, I thought only I was that cheap...

Equip fire arrows
Sneak attack - hit
Sneak attack - hit
Equip reg arrows

Hey, 16 gold per shot, 64 per round.. it adds up fast.. icon_wink.gif

Anyways, my feelings on enhanced arrows is if they are cheap they should be level limited. Lesser arrows double the damage of a short bow, greater arrows triple it. Cant give out those on the cheap to just anyone, surely.

Oh, and I use a shortbow all the time. 1d6 damage rocks... aha ha ha..
View users profile Send private message
Mogster
Master

XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe it would work to bump the level req of arrows if they are made cheaper. Say level 6 for the lesser arrows. Dunno about the greater arrows tho'; I've never used them, even on old Dyso. icon_confused.gif
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mogster, Im not even a full time archer but arrows do drain away and the price at shops is too high. Please lower them.

NB: Majority of magical arrow drops are Vampiric ones, which are frankly crap....

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: