DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Immunity items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Immunity items Reply with quote

Just thought about one thing:
If items that give immunity vs spellschools or improved evasion are taken out, there's one thing that should be removed too:
Immunity vs. knockdown. A mage shouldn't be able to stand in melee range and just cast his spells, and immunity vs knockdown gives them that ability
View users profile Send private message
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's also what concentration checks are for...

but yes, it HAS been suggested (rightly so) to take out knockdown immune items.

but also remember: Bioware screwed up Knockdown (trip), parry (total defense action) and destroyed bluff in lieu of "Taunt" which is completely over powered for a skill...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostFri 04/04/03 9:18pm
if u take out knockdown immune be sure to take knockdown off of the Rock golem in duergar.  Reply with quote

Little Teapot
PostFri 04/04/03 9:19pm
why? why should you need to take immune off of monsters to keep people from utterly destroying the smeechers?  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
PostFri 04/04/03 9:45pm
No knockdown immune would spell disaster for mages hahahaha.

Griff

Glorin
PostFri 04/04/03 9:47pm
i mean take the Knockdown feat off of the Rock Golem, without knockdown immune u cannot beat him.  Reply with quote

Malakalam
PostFri 04/04/03 9:52pm
I beat him several times without knockdown immunity, granted I was at level 20.  Reply with quote

SunTzi
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13 EXP: 7 / 13
 53%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can beat him at level 15 aswell i can asure that... been there tried it and succeeded. Remove the Knockdown isnt gona change anything on that fact. You just need to go there in a party.
But i really dont like to see all this KD immune Magic-peeps running around They are way to powerfull already icon_smile.gif Get rid of the immunity and let the wizzes taste some good healthy earth I'ld say
icon_twisted.gif

SunTzi

a dwarf is never fat..just a lill healthier than others icon_wink.gif
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kicked the golem multiple times at level 20 with my ranger, WITHOUT darkness!
bow.gif bow.gif
Just use a bow... the thing is slow anyway, just dont let it hit you with his "slow"bolt or you'll get into deep trouble... suggest you take freedom of movement equipment, or scroll
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all the way in favor of removing all immunities from the game. They just take away from characters, and there just ends up being a lot of cookie cutters classes out there. It'll make life harder for all of us, but who here likes this game because it's easy? I know I prefer a challenge.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nei/Lilly wrote:
I know I prefer a challenge.

but we also know you're a masochist...

Really... Immune items aren't too bad, as long as they're realistic...

KD immune was added to allow for colossal creatures to not be tripped by adventurers... so you won't flatten one of the red dragons in SP with a lucky hit...

SP. Level immune IS a D&D item though, even IF it is level 3 max immune...

also, where's my favorite ring? immune to magic missile with a +4 bonus (i believe)? that thing roxored... permanant shield baby!
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
PostSat 04/05/03 12:11am
i want tha mithril Cloak bacc icon_sad.gif  Reply with quote

Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immunity to spells by level and specific schools was generally restriced to full artifacts not general items.

So, no Ali, you aren't getting the mithral cloak back as a generally purchased item.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize, I should have specified in my post, only on player items. I mean isn't a will+5 ammy pretty damn powerful? Hell yeah it is... does anybody wear one? Nope. Why? Because they're already immune to mind spells. Wow a ring of fortitude +5! Do you wear it? No... why not? Well because I'm immune to poison, disease, and death. YOU"RE IMMUNE TO DEATH!!! Good god! But don't you worry about those rogues? Please.. they are like a bunch of mosquitoes, annoying but don't hurt. What do you mean? Oh well, I'm immune to their sneak attacks. WHAT! Somebody stabs you in the back of the head and it doesn't hurt you? Nah.. why would it? Hey you wanna hear something even funnier? What's that? I can dodge bolts of lightning! Really? Well no, but I can pretend that I can though and take half damage. So let me get this straight you are a 450lb dumb as a rock half orc who can't be knocked over, poisoned, diseased, and on top of that mind spells can't effect you, nor can death spells, you can dodge most of the rest of the spells, and when somebody guts you from behind it just tingles a bit? Well holy good goddamn!
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
AliZee'
PostSat 04/05/03 12:38am
hehe....i think i wanna be a half orc...  Reply with quote

Drudo Wisto
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All immunities away ! And whoa... we have balance !

Top 3 removals

1. Immunity death magic
2. Immunity mind affecting
3. Immunity knockdown

Not necessarily in that order.
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I agree with removing knockdown but not with removing the others.

What i suggest is making items with immunity death magic only, and/or with small other bonuses. So making an amulet with Immunity death magic only, so you can use it but then you cant use the amulets of natural armour. Use this for other items, and remove any ultra l33t items like the pre-wipe em shield, where no other shield even came close to being considered.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well being a half-orc is kinda swell... but I think nei went overboard. First there is No immunity to sneak attacks gone it was an amulet in lost woods but shop is gone, second both poisen imunity and improved evasion are amulets can't wear em both, and third death imunity is a belt and if you ware it you cant wear the swordsman's belt of other types. I wear a +5 ring of fortude, some times 2 when using rift gate to kraven wood, I sometimes wear the amulet of will, and occasionaly wear the evasion amulet form emerald cave, but more often wear a natural armor class one. Point is I change equipment to best protect me in a given area. Know what kicks my butt ? DM events where I don't know what equipment to wear...so I use up my quick slots for diffrent equipment.

Also the EM set is a lesser lesser set the sheild is +3 and gives 1 point regen, no haste, no dodge.

The point about removing Immunities has been brought up before so far it has not changed. It has been suggested to make items that give bonuses instead, like a helm with +4 will or some such....I made the argument that it would make the game more chalenging and incurage more people to party together, but so far this hasen't happened. I must therefore believe that there is a reason why it has not changed and accept it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: