DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Changes in policy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Changes in policy Reply with quote

From now on things will have a diffirent aproach especially in the area of dealin with violators.

1. Conrad Hollows is from now on head the moderators, Any problems/remarks or other things you want to discuss about them should be send to him in a pm. NOT in a big rant post. if you do this anyway, fine but your chances of getting something changed will be reduced since it's a hard enough job already and posts like that only add preasure to Conrad.

2. Falkhor is from now on head of the dm section, same goes as for the moderator section.

3. Banning decisions are made by both conrad and falkhor. no longer will it take weeks to get a conclusion about a ban, a simple pm is enough from now on.

4. bannin is no longer decided just on the rules set in the UELA but also on the judgement of the moderator/dm at hand and Falkhor and Conrad. People will have to use common sense from now on and the argument "yeah but it isn't in the EULA" is no longer valid.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. I'm glad to see that these decisions are being made to a nice set of rules and responsible people. I hope that this helps, as it look that it will fairly well.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Solo, it's more that Falk and I are leading the overall combined DM/moderator team. We are on different time zones so we can cover more territory with us each overseeing at the same time. Then when it comes time for disciplinary action, the two of us will decide amongst ourselves what is and is not appropriate.

Suffice to say more news on this will be coming soon ... as well as some more moderators.
Marine436
PostMon 04/07/03 4:10am
Very good news indeed !

let us crack down !!

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! (Actually, it all happened so fast that I really haven't had time to fully understand it yet.)

Finally some action will be taken to get rid of the moronic idiots.

We be coming down on the lametards like flies on turd.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
gaea106
PostMon 04/07/03 6:03am
Kindo you seem sort of aggressive lately. Are you okay?

What happened to all the love and hearts? I miss it.

Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 6:05am
Eventually, my dear, eventually they'll be back. Things are shit right now, might get better with this new administration thingie.  Reply with quote

gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Sad Reply with quote

Well, that response is quite distressing. As usual I am really sorry that you guys have to do all this work because of a few ungrateful players. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Actually, Solo, it's more that Falk and I are leading the overall combined DM/moderator team. We are on different time zones so we can cover more territory with us each overseeing at the same time. Then when it comes time for disciplinary action, the two of us will decide amongst ourselves what is and is not appropriate

i've been misinformed by falk! icon_wink.gif
anyway, what the man said
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of us are at a lost "EULA" is no longer valid what is valid are there certain rules that will be posted or are you going by peoples word or going by what you see ? Are you three guys running things now is Bri and Fooz and the others things of the past ? But I am glad things are changing and i do like what ive been seeing. With all the events and quests going on its you people that keep us coming back a big thanks to all the people that keep it interesting and fun and poo on the people that are the turds.
View users profile Send private message
Nefiorim
PostMon 04/07/03 7:14am
Amen  Reply with quote

Uin
PostMon 04/07/03 7:43am
No-one agreed this team with me. *humph*  Reply with quote

Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither they did with me. But whatever Connie's say, not going to go at war with him, he's saying those things for some reason, reason I hope to be that Brian agreed on this new administration thing.

Kuma.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it was Brian's decision. Conrad and Falk can't run around and decide this on their own. There is no shady business involved. 4-5 guys deciding to leave, and then a 4 hour long talk was all that it took to make this dream come true. icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri approved. It took a long discussion of about 4-5 hours that Bri frantically followed and then said ok to. This will leave Bri the time to handle the mod itself on the creation side without having to spend most of his time making scripts to prevent a handfull of idiots from exploiting and having to ban them and all. This time around when you get caught exploiting, cheating or generally being an asshole judgement will be swift and harsh. For those whose intentions are noble, for those who come here to roleplay, not to powerplay under the guise of RP'ing I'm sure we'll make it worth you while. I should maybe also mention that being a regular player does not exclude you from any actions taken should you not comply with the new standards. We won't play favorites. Our decisions will be administrative, not personal. The bottom line will be Roleplay, don't cheat, don't try to manipulate things to your own benefit ooc, don't go whining when you face something in character and start shouting for bans. If we find someone to be a disturbance they will be dealt with rather swiftly. That does NOT mean you won't be able to play evil characters anymore. If anything it allows the freedom to do exactly that, to roleplay the character you wish to portray provided you maintain some civility as player about it. New rules on behaviour will soon be posted but as said before all cases will be handled individually, not based on a book of rules that was only meant as a guideline. No more grabbing the EULA and using it as an excuse because you've found a loophole in it.
Time to turn this mod into what it was meant to be: A roleplay experience.
Selenia_Genoell
PostMon 04/07/03 9:08am
Can we cheer yet? icon_biggrin.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 9:12am
You may cheer. This is practically history being written in front of our eyes. I was overflown with joy the moment I heard our ideas came through.  Reply with quote

Selenia_Genoell
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33 EXP: 26 / 33
 78%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

*Selenia runs around hugging everyone*
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will agree that justice should be swift and harsh, but let us also try to keep it to a more formal approach, and not just a "oh you're out, get lost jerk" sort of situation.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

no longer will it take weeks to get a conclusion about a ban

Y icon_question.gif
Dama'Landryl
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omen:
I think some of us are at a lost "EULA" is no longer valid what is valid?

common sense

but what if_____?

common sense

I think this is a good idea; u have to give a lot of power to the authority figure if u want them to be effective. Just be extra careful with that Axe of Banning (lol, what a great idea!) when u r having a bad hair day.

Be swift, firm & wise

The badger kicked the bucket,
the badger kicked the bucket!
Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 1:40pm
A sort of guideline will be out soon.  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is safe to say we will be operating under our own set of guidelines and with the input of everyone on the administrative team (that means the dms, the moderators, as well big input from Gorb and Bri). The idea is to streamline the decision making so it can be faster and less cumbersome but I know _I_ do not want to see this turn into some sort of a witchhunt/witchtrial situatian. I sure do not like to operate in a sealed off room, I like to get input from others ... and that is the idea here. Keep in mind that "banning" is just one way to deal with a problem ... depending on situations, other things like level penalizing, or the old jail time, would be preferable to banning.

Discussions are ongoing and what not ... I just ask everyone to sit tight and let us brainstorm and get it worked out. There's still levels of mistrust that we need to get worked out and smooth over.
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*better late than never, hate having no internet*

I must say that this is a good solution, at least no more idiots, and quick interference with all the bad stuff going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: