DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Reminder to Dm's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reminder to Dm's Reply with quote

this is just a suggestion, take it or leave it icon_smile.gif

first off you all do good work, and ive enjoyed ever DM event i have been in !

But i think you need to count the EXP of the level, of the person Dead

Now *JUST* as a more recent Exsample, im going to list some events taht happned

RPed something with berto and a Demon, EXP rewarded 250

2ish hours later

comming out of topaz guarry, no spells or buffs Ambushed by half orc bandits Dead ! (it was ok ! i like the Feeling of a Prestient world) !

Exp lost over 1500, and i could have lost more !

the point !

Higher level charachters, lose alot of Exp, it's harder for us to get ! (good) remember this, thats all !

(hmm...wonder if this is a rant...)
Ogt
PostFri 04/04/03 6:28pm
i want to get more posts too  Reply with quote

dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, high level chars shouldn't get more XP for Rping, if that's what your implying. That's just stupid, cause it's meant to be so that you level slower the higher your level
View users profile Send private message
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure really what is being implied. But if the fun of DM events is not reward enough for losing a few exp points, then leave the events to the rest of us who would rather participate in them. Although I do not think that is being implied either. I am confused. I dunno, I like DM events how they are and 100-500 exp that I usually get is more than worth it, and is really quite secondary to the fun usually involved. That Berto event was cool anf unique, I wish I could have been there for the whole thing. What ended up happening anyway? Aditu? Falk? If somebody wouldn't mind PMing me I'd like to know.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was just impleing that when we die, it is very Harsh

mainly, just reminding them that as far as EXP goes, it's hard to level

im more or less done power gamming, im just going to follow friends, if they hunt, then so will i.
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that all the Dm events that Dark Strike has DMed are the best i have ever seen, He is obviously experienced with the system and knows how to run a fun DM event that is not too challenging but not too easy. Also he is not one (tho sometimes he does) to Hold Large Scale DM events like the Drow Wars and Jeshan Orcs...all those things really do is cause lag and server crashes, as well as only 1 or 2 people having any fun. Dark Strike usually pays attention to what the party members hes dming for are saying, and he brings little things on them, on those specific people that add an enjoyable mix to things. Such as one time i was down in the Crypts with bulbo and Mele. we turn a corner and see a Ghast of Myrkul standing with a High Skeletal Knight, we kill the Ghast and begin fighting the Skeletal knight, suddenly about 5 Skeletons come charging at us from down the hall, Nel passes by and joins the party. The Attacks kept coming each time increasing in number. At one Point Zombies were coming from the Halls in mass number, Eventually little mini bosses came, shadowlords, defiled paladins, and finally the main boss, a Baalor Lord. This was only with the 4 of us so there was not a huge amount of lag, and DS was sure to give little periods where we could rest.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss Brom...... icon_cry.gif and his cousin...forgot his name...but that was hella fun hehe making all the tall Char's sit down so that the ogres would think they were Halflings hahaha i was bustin up most of tha time hehe

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
i want to get more posts too

Nuff said?

Bout the topic... DM's should reward xp for quests... thats right, but not to much for high levellers cause they get their last levels to quick then... thats right.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:
No, high level chars shouldn't get more XP for Rping, if that's what your implying. That's just stupid, cause it's meant to be so that you level slower the higher your level

Stupid. If someone does RP (I can point my finger at so many little people that actually have a decent concept of roleplaying) they need to be rewarded for that, cause last time I check, the path we're following with this constant changes is to enforce roleplaying within our server and to remove the lameness of some people.

Now, just because someone is ahead of you by levels, doesn't mean they need to be forgotten or overlooked, when I've seen some 15+ characters that do know how to RP and they do it flawlessly.

EXP REWARDS by DM should be based on RP atmospheres, not level of character.

Sometimes I wonder, where's people common sense.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Exactly. Say yoy finish some sort of quest. You are level 15 and your party member is 10. Of course in the frekkin hells you won't get more exp for it than your buddy! It's not like you learn more easily when at higher levels. It's teh exact opposite. You learn less.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuma wrote:
dreamin' wrote:

Stupid. If someone does RP (I can point my finger at so many little people that actually have a decent concept of roleplaying) they need to be rewarded for that, cause last time I check, the path we're following with this constant changes is to enforce roleplaying within our server and to remove the lameness of some people.

Now, just because someone is ahead of you by levels, doesn't mean they need to be forgotten or overlooked, when I've seen some 15+ characters that do know how to RP and they do it flawlessly.

Sometimes I wonder, where's people common sense.

You're stupid, not I! icon_wink.gif
I didn't say high level chars should get overlooked.
I said: Trying to decipher marines message I thought he wanted to say that a high level char should get more XP for the same amount of RP than a low level char, and that is just stupid! Both chars should get the same amount of XP for the same amount of RP. It's meant to be harder to level once you reach higher levels, why do you think you need more XP to get from 19-20 than from 1-2?
Marquis Drayfox
PostMon 04/07/03 12:30am
I totally agree with kumas and Kindo on that one. Exp should be given on RP situations, not by character level.  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yer problem is dying not the XP Nel .I run or walk carefully the XP given for action should be equel not level related at all.Any differences should be cos the XP giver feel earned by the receiver.Nothing is owed nothing is automatic
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 4:30am
Just try to get off your ass of powergaming all the time. It will get you into trouble someday.  Reply with quote

Shin2k
PostMon 04/07/03 4:41am
Anyone here that ever has been rewarded experience for roleplaying?  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 4:47am
Haven't myself, but I have rewarded *others* exp for good roleplaying. And I know some other DMs who have too.  Reply with quote

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be an ass here or anything I apologize if I come off as one, but I think that if exp were handed out to people who were role-playing more often we might just cut down on this constant hunting. Just an idea...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More roleplaying exp will probably come with the new quests being implemented in the near future. Until then you just have to cross your fingers, hoping that a DM is around when you are doing your best to roleplay. Can't be everywhere all the time.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
PostMon 04/07/03 5:07am
Oh I understand that, cool to hear. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just today, I was with a very nice cleric, we were concerned with recent events, and I felt the need to rally support for then next time we encuntered the neverwinter souldiers. IC we discussed our perspective and I felt were both getting to undersand each other complex ideas for what needed to be done. At some point we both noticed that 300 xp's had been awarded, this by a DM who must have been watching for we were not in a party. This was nice and we both felt better, not for the bonus xp's but for the fact that a DM took the time to listen to what we were saying..and showed his appreciation...like a pat on the back for a job well done.
Snakebait
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9 EXP: 0 / 9
 0%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been given XP for roleplaying more than once. Good job really since I don't H&S enough to get levels any other way... must have racked up 200 hours of Dyso gameplay since the wipe and the other night I finally got to level 8 to much RL rejoicing! I'm having so much fun, I don't care if I never get to wear (or afford, more like) those boots of speed.

You're right, it's a great feeling that someone's noticed you're making an effort and appreciates it. We'd RP anyway, 'cos that's what we like doing, but it's still nice.

Snakey
(a.k.a. Ferian of Eleriina, master archer, scout and, erm, locksmith.)
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont I ever get xp for roleplaying? Im gonna whine in the complaints rants forum!!

no seriously.... any dm ever followed any character of me?
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: