DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

More towns and cities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Do you want more towns and cities?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 21 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

WingZero
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: More towns and cities Reply with quote

It has come to my attention recently that Dyso only has one major city. The other areas that are considered to be cities by many are more like castles and towns. Kravenwood is basically a castle, with a town just oustide that is overrun by trolls. Sylvandale is a small temple area in the Great Forest. I want to suggest that more cities be implemented into the mod. Like an underground mountain home for dwarves, where all the best but most expensive armours and weapons are bought. Or maybe a city on the water, where all the overseas travel is coordinated and where you can buy itmes that give very good cold resistance. I think many players would like to see more townships and such, that are not predominantly human civilizations. Give me some feedback... do any of you agree?
Geoff
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27 EXP: 26 / 27
 96%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, more cities means less oppurtunity to interact. It is hard enough to find people now, more cities would just add to that. Plus, think about what an additional city would add to Dysotopia- virtually nothing.
WingZero
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8 EXP: 3 / 8
 37%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true... More cities could add more to the role-playing atmosphere. There would be more quests, more items to buy, and more places to explore. A city doesn't just occupy a place in the middle of nowhere. with the new addition will be more wilderness areas, and when Undrentide comes out, then the necesity for more towns and cities will increase because of the new environments that will be included in Dyso.
GTang
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14 EXP: 3 / 14
 21%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More given politics would add the same thing. Where does Dyso fit in the world of the Forgotten Realms?

That's actually kinda the problem with trying to roleplay on Dyso. It's all on or off. I am for this guild, I am against that guild. There doesn't seem to be enough stuff around to support roles that react towards others with shades of grey.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already another city coming, one unlike any of the others currently in the MOd.

Naratyr, the city of Undead will be added estimated time 1-2 months. This will have NPCs to interact with as well as an Active PC Lord, an Active Guard, Courthouses, as well as Laws, punishments, And hopefully Hanging and Torture Devices to go with it.

NPC commoners will roam the streets and you'll be able to talk to them as well as other such things, It will be a city like none before. Just follow the rules and you'll be ok... icon_wink.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much that we need more towns, but more interactivity IN the towns. Only reason to go to kravenwood and gloth is to shop. icon_sad.gif

Only reason to go to sylvandale is the sewers. icon_sad.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proposal has been put on the table for more towns ... if not actual cities, then local settlements that are more alive. There are some already in game now that are not used for diddly other than looks ... Lost Woods, for example.
WingZero
PostThu 04/10/03 10:57pm
I use the Lost Woods...  Reply with quote

Cherrn
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35 EXP: 23 / 35
 65%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be nice with at least one other large city to compete with Eleriina so to speak, and a lot of small settlements would be nice as well, just a few houses down a road in nowhere in the middle of nowhere, things like that. To add a little flava emot-yum.gif

Zufal- Founder of the Obsidian Order in the name of Bane the Ultimate Tyrant- Human Monk

Irekean the Crimson Flame- Paladin in the service of the Flamelord Kossuth- Human Paladin
View users profile Send private message Send email
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait for Undertide. It gets new tiles such as desert and ice dosent it? Dyso will have to be drasitly changed for this. We can get some Sahara((sp? the big one in Africa)) Desert with a nomad town that changes location each reset or something. Oh, and a gaint snow caped moutain with areas for dwarves and cave creatures. Makeing more towns and makeing the mod bigger will attrack more people. Lets make Dyso a !!!MMORPG!!! Well, maybe not that. When you step outside how many wondering adventures do you see? There is no need for all 60 players to be in the same towns. They should be spread out. Well, thats what I think.

On the topic, I havent really got to far to see the other towns. So..... I guess there could be some BIG city on the other side of the mod. Make it HARD to get to the first time and then give it one of thos warpgate things.

Just looked at post count, I almost have 100! WOOT! I have only been here what? 3 weeks tops.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wingzero, just a off topic question.... Got that name from gundam? icon_smile.gif
And then on topic:

MORE CITIES MORE TOWNS!!!
More towns, really small ones perhaps but its fun to find more places icon_smile.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers in the wind*

Yes, I would agree... It seems we have a lot of areas that are sparsely populated. It would be great to have settlements that are more "alive." Perhaps there's something we can put in the local water that would help increase the birth rate of local citizens ((npcs)) and that would make them a bit more conversant.

Conrad Hollows wrote:
The proposal has been put on the table for more towns ... if not actual cities, then local settlements that are more alive. There are some already in game now that are not used for diddly other than looks ... Lost Woods, for example.

Tae icon_razz.gif
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxBoyTails wrote:
Not so much that we need more towns, but more interactivity IN the towns.

BriHurley wrote:
I will say now that the Persistent Database captures and stores all quest info I can start putting quest in for xp and gold rewards with out people exploiting them over and over and over again (You people know who you are!) So be expecting to see more quests real soon!

icon_biggrinno.gif

In response to the question, of course we all want to see more towns! The larger the content, the better! (well, usually). Only it's not a major priority at the moment I'm guessing, the citites we have now are more than enough. It would be better if Bri started to put more quests in, yes? Rather than make new areas. At least for now anyway.

Griff
Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah do quest first. Got to get the current areas up to speed. You could make the module never ending but people will still get bored without quest. Whats the upadate on thos class dungon things?
Kuma
PostSun 04/13/03 10:15am
:you are a loser!:  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostSun 04/13/03 12:33pm
Non quest wanter! cussing.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: