DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

POWERGAMING RETARDS 1, ROLEPLAYERS 0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why? Because of the powerlaming whiners that are constantly complaining to Bri because this player stole something from them.

No - they're leaving because they are unable to deal with the inevitable reality that not everyone on the server is going to RP well (or at all, in this case). I have always said again and again and again RP begins at home. If you're doing your best that's ALL you can do. They can program 60,000 more lines of unnecessary code into this mod and it's STILL not going to prevent asshats from coming in and playing Rambo. If there's any hope for this place it's people RPing with each other and having the balls to just IGNORE people who aren't doing it. You're not going to find a server in NWN-land that doesn't have it's share of powergaming no matter how tight the coding is. You can either chicken out or tough it out, and whoever subject "A" is in this post they have sadly selected the former.

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our problems got solved...pretty fast, really. All it took was 4-5 hour talk, and the quick response from Bri. The new administrative system is already in play.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3557
http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3561

Let's just hope it works out.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it all got solved...pretty quick. All it took was a 4-5 hour long talk and the quick response from Bri.

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it all got solved...pretty quick. All it took was a 4-5 hour long talk and the quick response from Bri.

Kindo
PostMon 04/07/03 5:46am
Bug  Reply with quote

Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if its the powergamers or the noobs that are worse. To me i think the noobs are worse when i think of it . it seems like every night some noob comes up to me and says so an so just took this from me can you go kill them or they say get it back. The only addvise i can give to someone like that is to tell them to role play it out most likely the charactor its self never noticed it being gone . and for the power gamers suck it up. If your not going to role play why are you playing.
View users profile Send private message
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had fun playing C&C Generals and BF1942 for the past week or so.
Obviously noone missed me icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: smiles ::

besides college, and my soon to be born child :: very soon :: this is exactly one of the reasons I'm not present like I used to be within the mod. At least not as a kumas, but as a very hidden player with different account, and using a different connection with a different IP, so noone except Gorbie can know who I am (you avoid the load of crap that way).

I find the tranquility of a BNET WCIII BETA match to be much more rewarding than playing 10 minutes within Dyso. I just can't stand assholes at this time.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:: smiles ::

besides college, and my soon to be born child :: very soon :: this is exactly one of the reasons I'm not present like I used to be within the mod. At least not as a kumas, but as a very hidden player with different account, and using a different connection with a different IP, so noone except Gorbie can know who I am (you avoid the load of crap that way).

I find the tranquility of a BNET WCIII BETA match to be much more rewarding than playing 10 minutes within Dyso. I just can't stand assholes at this time.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was invited into the convo without even asking, then my integrity is attacked by Conrad and his taking things out of context and assuming things. Then Conrad basically said Dyso would be a better place with everyone who liked DarkStrike as a DM banned. Then requested me to be booted from the conversation, maybe i dont know everything u talked about but i sure know that Conrads definately not the same as he appears in public.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was invited into the convo without even asking, then my integrity is attacked by Conrad and his taking things out of context and assuming things. Then Conrad basically said Dyso would be a better place with everyone who liked DarkStrike as a DM banned. Then requested me to be booted from the conversation, maybe i dont know everything u talked about but i sure know that Conrads definately not the same as he appears in public.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin wrote:
they'll be back, u cant leave Dysotopia.

Thats is utterly untrue, ive left, and im gone

icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_sad.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif icon_cool.gif icon_lol.gif icon_mad.gif icon_razz.gif icon_redface.gif icon_cry.gif icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_wink.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_question.gif icon_idea.gif icon_arrow.gif icon_neutral.gif icon_mrgreen.gif Eyecrazy.gif cussing.gif evil.gif infinity.gif tomato.gif new_scatter.gif weirdlook.gif bdaysmile.gif smokin.gif bow.gif new_xmas.gif new_puppy_dog_eyes.gif cool.gif bs.gif brownnoser.gif 062802comp_prv.gif emot-rolleyes.gif emot-headphones.gif emot-sleepyhead.gif emot-yum.gif icon_biggrinno.gif icon_look.gif emot-heartbeat.gif roll.gif pimp.gif rotz.gif SpiningDemon.gif smile-mad.gif baer.gif deal.gif frog.gif jawa.gif 10.gif lily.gif wacko.gif angel3.gif naughty.gif king.gif plthumbsdown.gif Oogle_anim.gif Image01.gif Image07.gif Image13.gif Image19.gif Image31.gif Image34.gif Image03.gif ff1hand.gif kiss.gif type.gif evilimu.gif nono.gif smurf.gif square.gif Wconfused.gif updown.gif thinkey.gif yinyang.gif icon_ignore.gif heartarrow.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif msn-omgs.gif msn-wink.gif icelolly.gif
icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif icon_sad.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_eek.gif icon_confused.gif icon_cool.gif icon_lol.gif icon_mad.gif icon_razz.gif icon_redface.gif icon_cry.gif icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_wink.gif icon_exclaim.gif icon_question.gif icon_idea.gif icon_arrow.gif icon_neutral.gif icon_mrgreen.gif Eyecrazy.gif cussing.gif evil.gif infinity.gif tomato.gif new_scatter.gif weirdlook.gif bdaysmile.gif smokin.gif bow.gif new_xmas.gif new_puppy_dog_eyes.gif cool.gif bs.gif brownnoser.gif 062802comp_prv.gif emot-rolleyes.gif emot-headphones.gif emot-sleepyhead.gif emot-yum.gif icon_biggrinno.gif icon_look.gif emot-heartbeat.gif roll.gif pimp.gif rotz.gif SpiningDemon.gif smile-mad.gif baer.gif deal.gif frog.gif jawa.gif 10.gif lily.gif wacko.gif angel3.gif naughty.gif king.gif plthumbsdown.gif Oogle_anim.gif Image01.gif Image07.gif Image13.gif Image19.gif Image31.gif Image34.gif Image03.gif ff1hand.gif kiss.gif type.gif evilimu.gif nono.gif smurf.gif square.gif Wconfused.gif updown.gif thinkey.gif yinyang.gif icon_ignore.gif heartarrow.gif badger.gif badgeranim.gif msn-omgs.gif msn-wink.gif icelolly.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Coral_Reef
Grandmaster

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33 EXP: 28 / 33
 84%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered a powergaming jerk near Kravenwoods yesterday swearing at me. It ruined my mood for a minuite but I find that the good friends I've made here more than makes up for the minority of jerks that I've encountered.

Coral Reef

Coral Reef

I'm online 10 PM -> late EST -5 GMT

I host the social server
A Coral Reef

Come visit sometime!
View users profile Send private message Send email
blane firebrand
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16 EXP: 8 / 16
 50%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya it continues, i know of two good players that have left and a few more that arent far behind but its ok in the end if we help new players and try to make new friendships...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: