DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

"Only one character per server restart"

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: "Only one character per server restart" Reply with quote

Alrighty. Been getting this message a LOT recently, even when I leave a server and try to come back as the SAME character I was playing as. Also, when trying to join a server after I *know* it's been reset.

Yes, I know this is happening to lots of people, just want to highlight it because I think it's becoming a pretty big problem. And also, something new and fun happened to me just now.

I was on Secondary, in Kangerlah, got stuck in a tile, ok no big deal, I'll just relog. Relogging once didn't help. Tried the other server (Main), got the "Only one character" message (even though I haven't played on Main in 2-3 days), so I went back to Secondary. Here's the fun part:

It put me right back in Kangerlah, AND gave me the "Only one character" message! I couldn't move at all now, and got booted right out of Kangerlah itself! This totally makes no sense at all, and is quite frustrating.

edit: Okay, I just went back to Secondary, and it let me in just fine. Weird. Still tile-stuck, tho. Maybe we should add something to the Emote wand that allows you to "jump" like 1 foot in case you get stuck.

Last edited by Maelstrom696969 on Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Little Teapot
PostSat 04/12/03 11:03pm
It's been reported... They're working on it...  Reply with quote

Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status of this issue? I have been experiencing it on each logon attempt for the past week, (both Win32 and SuSe). Can't get off the intermediate boat before I get booted. Can we get an update and a fix please? Thanks!

Tiarella Jones~
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like it might be something related to the IP. Seems like if I reboot that fixes it, even though my cable modem company reassigns me the same IP. I don't know. But yes, this is happening to me almost every single time I try to login to either server.

Oh and thanks for the constructive feedback, TP.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Bugs - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: