DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Ohhhhh MAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
zacsartori
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8 EXP: 5 / 8
 62%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Ohhhhh MAN Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has Dyso been down alot lately. I mean I am used to the server crashes, but it seems like it just stays down now whenever it crashes. BOOO FOR THAT. i'm all sad now.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
PaulJonas
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11 EXP: 9 / 11
 81%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does GorbGuy still get the page when we send him an e-mail about the servers being down, or did he turn his pager off because he was getting swamped with notices?
View users profile Send private message
Kuma
PostWed 04/16/03 2:26am
I have no idea about that, maybe Gorb should update you on that one icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have been noticing a great improvement on the servers. There hasn't been NEARLY as much lag as there used to be. Only thing that is different from what I have noticed is that when it goes down, it goes down for a long time now... But hey, that doesn't bother me TOO much because then I am forced to return to my normal life icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PaulJonas
PostWed 04/16/03 4:30am
hehe! Maybe GorbGuy met a cute girl.  Reply with quote

Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I think Gorbguy is married.......... check out da pics in the gallery icon_smile.gif

Add: maybe he got a new computer or new *gasp* Game, that'll do it everytime LOL, just ask Hurin !!!!

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suse's been having some odd problems lately, that's for sure. I think it might be better to move the servervault off Suse and onto the DB server. At least that way Win32 should still be able to run when Suse is down.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Gorb is married, and has a kid.....and he does an absolutely phenomenal job at maintaining "Da Cord"(s) what with all the other "normal" things he has in his life.....as Fox says, it's been running MUCH better recently, actually.....or is that just my new GeForce drivers, Gorb? icon_wink.gif

Don't forget Bri & Co., too. They constantly troubleshoot little things that can make a big difference.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the GeForce drivers do add improvements to core system performance, but Dyso had improved trememdously. icon_smile.gif I don't reccomend the new drivers on Win2k running this game though, a little boggy.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo! Hehe, to answer everyone's questions.
No, I don't get paged anymore when someone sends me an email. Damned SprintPCS. Whenever I get an email now, all I get is garbled text, so I disabled it for now. And, now they just decided to shut off my phone.... again!
Yes, I'm married and have a daughter. Been married 2 years this August (to wife Amanda,) daughter (Alexis) will be 2 in December. (Picture of wife here. Wife in the middle, sister and brother also pictured (they're the one currently stationed in Iraq))
Yes, win32 is running like a dream. Thus far, I haven't seen any problems with it since I got the lag worked out of her. SuSE on the other hand, is being a very naughty girl. And since this holds the mod, the servervault, and the database, it pretty much hoses win32 everytime it get's freaked out. I'm hoping that Bri agrees that we should try putting Windows 2000 on it. I'm not much of a Windows fan, but I have to face the facts on this. Windows runs the nwserver app WAY better than Linux does. Leave it to the folks at BioWare. I think the combo of running nwserver (and it crapping out all the time,) and MySQL is just pushing the kernel too far. Hopefully, ::crosses fingers:: Win2k will handle it a little better.

Last edited by GorbGuy on Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I have notitced yesterday, the srevers in the morning from 6 am cst to about 8 am were constalty rebooting, often with only a few players on and no lag visible (I have DSL and a athalon 2 G comp) this happend over ten times, and not sure why. It would happen very shortly after a previous reboot in say less than 2 min's to as much as 6 min. Also the short amput of time it was up 5 out of 6 times it didn't save any progress. After noon it seemed to settle down, and only crashed occasionaly. It often has these problems more early in the morning, when in my mind it should be encountering less net trafic and little demand from players.

I wish I could offer more information that would help. I'm sure the the software monitoring the system is noting this, but just wanted to make a note of it.

your hard work is appreicated icon_biggrin.gif
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
SuSE on the other hand, is being a very naughty girl. And since this holds the mod, the servervault, and the database, it pretty much hoses win32 everytime it get's freaked out.

Eh? I thought the DB was running on a separate server? That's what I gathered from this post and others. Don't tell me that computer's on the blink too??
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mogster wrote:
GorbGuy wrote:
SuSE on the other hand, is being a very naughty girl. And since this holds the mod, the servervault, and the database, it pretty much hoses win32 everytime it get's freaked out.

Eh? I thought the DB was running on a separate server? That's what I gathered from this post and others. Don't tell me that computer's on the blink too??
See how quick we are. icon_cool.gif Moved the database and no one even knew. And no, that system isn't on the fritz. That's a production system for work, and the DysoDB was only there temporarily while we tested it.
Kindo
PostWed 04/16/03 1:50pm
You are doing a mighty fine job! kiss.gif  Reply with quote

snewo
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
...Yes, I'm married and have a daughter. Been married 2 years this August (to wife Amanda,) daughter (Alexis) will be 2 in December. ...

*Snewo does some quick math.......carry the two.......divide by one........*
Kindo
PostWed 04/16/03 2:44pm
OK, that wasn't even quick. And there was no answer. icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostWed 04/16/03 2:48pm
not to mention it's non of your beez whacks  Reply with quote

snewo
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm married and I have 2 kids and I understand. Just poking fun. Was a icon_wink.gif warranted?

Snewo
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, mitch is a cool easy going guy icon_smile.gif

he most likely doesnt care....and if he did...well hed pull DA CORD
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Hahaha Reply with quote

Yep lol do the math on this one.

Married for 6 years in may, oldest turning 8 in August, youngest turning 6 in September.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! lol
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marine436
PostWed 04/16/03 8:01pm
you know my parents did the same thing with me...

for reals

Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hahaha Reply with quote

gaea106 wrote:
Yep lol do the math on this one.

Married for 6 years in may, oldest turning 8 in August, youngest turning 6 in September.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! lol

LOL, Our son just turned 6 two weeks ago, 5 yr anneversary is in August......

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: