DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I'm seriously thinking about Leaving Dyso
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:

and another thing...today i survived an attack by 4 skellies only to step out of tha crypts into daylight and whataya know?? a troll is standing right at tha entrance...so i was thinking hey..no prob...but bam bam bam...and i was DEAD Grrrr

omgs omgs bam bam bam im gonna piss on my pant loooooooooool
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grusk wrote:

(I'm going to regret this) I LOVE YOU TP!!

nooo Xavier dont fall into the trap, TP will now stalk you and bring you flowers and ask you to marry him!!....oh wait thats me...... icon_redface.gif
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:
how tha hell do you think your gonna kill um without tha damn belts????

????

That's easy, the monsters should do normal amounts of damage icon_wink.gif

yea well thats tha first time anyones said that..all they was saying was "get rid of tha belts!!! i like to die and lose xp!!! YaY!!"
but if you lower tha dmg done and lower tha resistants of tha belts...then hows that gonna change anything?? your still gonna have tha same "problem" as if you hadnt changed anything.

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:

????

yea well thats tha first time anyones said that..all they was saying was "get rid of tha belts!!! i like to die and lose xp!!! YaY!!"
but if you lower tha dmg done and lower tha resistants of tha belts...then hows that gonna change anything?? your still gonna have tha same "problem" as if you hadnt changed anything.

Nope, the difference would be that you don't need to powergame to get enough money and levels to use all those immunity items.
It would make the char progression more linear, atm it's either you have those items or you are ridiculously underpowered.
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:

????

Nope, the difference would be that you don't need to powergame to get enough money and levels to use all those immunity items.
It would make the char progression more linear, atm it's either you have those items or you are ridiculously underpowered.

alrighty i get what your saying now icon_biggrin.gif cool
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea and back on topic....it has been ectremely frustrating at times gettin used to this new system...and if you feelin like leaving you should just take a break for a week come back and see how it feels then...i think that most of tha frustration is from being so used to tha "old" system that this new system hit kinda hard and i know that it pissed tha hell outa me at first.... icon_evil.gif
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
oh yea and back on topic....it has been ectremely frustrating at times gettin used to this new system...and if you feelin like leaving you should just take a break for a week come back and see how it feels then...i think that most of tha frustration is from being so used to tha "old" system that this new system hit kinda hard and i know that it pissed tha hell outa me at first.... icon_evil.gif

I think with all the new pressure with the new system, Dyso needs a new therapy clinic to help everyone deal with the stress and frustrations......Hmm a new Hashmere Industries endeavour perhaps??? icon_twisted.gif

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I seriously allready left dysotopia.... and you know why?
No neither do I, I used to like dyso because it was easy... I am one hell of a lazy bastard and one character isnt enough for me. damn Wish dyso was still like old dyso.... they should just.... add area's now and then... and do updates now and then.... big wipes and everything are BAD icon_mad.gif I could go and ramble about Ultima Online again and how they did it there but I think that wouldn't interest any of you
emot-yum.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dyso used to be a ton of fun, but now it isn't as much. And yet I'm still addicted to it. go figure! icon_confused.gif

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shin2k wrote:
Hey I seriously allready left dysotopia.... and you know why?
No neither do I, I used to like dyso because it was easy... I am one hell of a lazy bastard and one character isnt enough for me. damn Wish dyso was still like old dyso.... they should just.... add area's now and then... and do updates now and then.... big wipes and everything are BAD icon_mad.gif I could go and ramble about Ultima Online again and how they did it there but I think that wouldn't interest any of you
emot-yum.gif

Yeah, I really can't be bothered making ANOTHER character. I don't mind hard, but if it had happened a lot earlier opinion would certainly be more rosy now.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Error247
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20 EXP: 6 / 20
 30%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliZee' wrote:
dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
dreamin' wrote:
AliZee' wrote:
hmmm...i say again....

AliZee' wrote:

????

alrighty i get what your saying now icon_biggrin.gif cool

i like seeing quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes....

oooooh... another addition to the wonderful world of geniuses....
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth mentioning that what you had before was a relatively small group of people (a few of whom have since "quit Dyso forever") bitching about all the wars and how easy levelling was. It's just that they made so much noise they exaggerated their number. Now you're seeing a larger group of people expressing at least "mild dissatisfaction" (and in some cases outrage) about what we've got now.

I defer of course that it's not our mod and the people that own it can do literally whatever they want with it. I figure if they didn't want anybody's opinions though they'd get rid of the MB. icon_wink.gif

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchanT wrote:
It's also worth mentioning that what you had before was a relatively small group of people (a few of whom have since "quit Dyso forever") bitching about all the wars and how easy levelling was. It's just that they made so much noise they exaggerated their number. Now you're seeing a larger group of people expressing at least "mild dissatisfaction" (and in some cases outrage) about what we've got now.

EXACTLY!! good point!!!! bow.gif

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Malakalam
High Elder

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99 EXP: 45 / 99
 45%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

attack in groups, using basic strategy, like healing the melee fighting character from behind.
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, guess what, spells like stoneskin, heal, mass heal, death ward, protection from alignment, mindblank, greater mindblank, true seeing, haste, ultravision, bulls strength, cats grace, owls wisdom, endurance, protection from spells and so on are usable to buff your party! But you don't need them because everything is available as item...
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamin', Malakalam, you two are talking crazy talk. But but but if this happens then I cannot run out with my level 7 fighter and kill level 15 trolls or level 20 skeletons all by myself. And and bardsongs might actually have some use other than just entertaining people in town. Clerics may have to choose a domain other than air. Archers may finally have a place in the game. All of that is nonesence! Come now think of a good idea...
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
AliZee'
High Elder

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy!! there goes tha neighbor hood icon_rolleyes.gif

if all this insane stuff actually does come into effect you all will owe me ALOT of GOLD!!!! icon_evil.gif

hehe icon_biggrin.gif
Mogster
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27 EXP: 19 / 27
 70%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:
And, guess what, spells like stoneskin, heal, mass heal, death ward, protection from alignment, mindblank, greater mindblank, true seeing, haste, ultravision, bulls strength, cats grace, owls wisdom, endurance, protection from spells and so on are usable to buff your party! But you don't need them because everything is available as item...

And all of those can be (and often are) dispelled. There's no defense against dispelling, but guess what, immunities on items can't be dispelled! That's why the items should stay.

Of course, we'll have to keep a close eye on our packs to make sure those items aren't "borrowed" by a halfling. icon_razz.gif
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errm, yes, they can be dispelled, and they can be casted again, that's the whole point. It makes a little more tactics and different spellbooks necessary... How many sorcerers have mindblank or haste on dyso?
Nefiorim
PostFri 04/18/03 2:29pm
I used Mind Blank and Haste pre-wipe on Elaysa.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: