DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Chat tool

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Chat tool Reply with quote

I have searched and searched, and cannot find that thread where a bunch of ppl were talking about which chat prog they liked best. I know a lot of ppl use Trillian, and thus ElbowJoint and myself (and some others) want to use it, but what else? I have Yahoo and ICQ also, but what is the best one for Dyso?

I'd really like to have one where your discussion with multiple people could occur all in one window, instead of a separate window for each person.
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my new favorite is Dead AIM. It's basically another mod for AIM like Trillian but the reason I like is so much is because when people sign on or come back from being away, a nice little box in the lower right hand corner pops up announcing it. The reason that box is great is because when I would be in game and hear someone sign on, I'd have to minimize and that took forever. Now the box will pop up over the game and not effect the game at all.

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well my new favorite is Dead AIM. It's basically another mod for AIM like Trillian but the reason I like is so much is because when people sign on or come back from being away, a nice little box in the lower right hand corner pops up announcing it. The reason that box is great is because when I would be in game and hear someone sign on, I'd have to minimize and that took forever. Now the box will pop up over the game and not effect the game at all.

Msn Messenger actually does the exact same thing.

Trillian is great, simply because it an manage almost any chat program, Iuse it to manage my MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger and ICQ chats. It's great!! just use that one, and get every single option on it. And then tell me your AIM/MSN/ICQ icon_biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pyrosmurfs
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27 EXP: 7 / 27
 25%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm, I once had Trillian but my beef with it is that it doesnt show INFO, or the bio, which ever you prefer... and with alot of the people on my list, its a big part of us. All big and flashy and linky... I dunno, untill they fix that, I won't go back.

AIM-> Pyrosmurfs
(surprised?)

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon
--------------
RPG's I'm very excited about:
-PSO 1&2
-Final Fantasy 11
-World of War Craft
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, if you get pro(why you would want to pay for it I don't know) I believe they have skins, so it would ge a lot less flashy. Also, it DOES show the bio or info, you just have to right-click a name and select view profile. That's all!!! I find it quite easy to use, and the flashy bit..well, I don't think it's that bad, and if it were, it's only a minor downside to quite a lot of upsides(not to mention automatic login for all of the mediums without ever needing to type the password after the first time).

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y
PostFri 04/18/03 10:04pm
yes the pro does just every thing and more  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostSat 04/19/03 3:49am
Well, I just hooked meself up w/ 0.74 of Trillian, and I like it so far...

Add me if you wish! My AIM ID is identical to this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: