DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

THE SWEAT SHOP

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: THE SWEAT SHOP Reply with quote

Sat fishing on the pier one evening along comes a little boy Tomy was his name.
he cries his eyes ringed with red fear in his manner..Brahms approaches him as I do to ask the nature of his discomfort.
His parents had answered a advertisement for work in Sylvandale and then vanished the boy was bereft.
we did what we could we took him to the innwhere the kind barmaid looked after him .
Then off to the temple the gaurd was strangely behaving and Brahms detected the odor of Magic.Well to cut to the chase a dispell later instead of a holy gaurd there was a Glather that was not very communicative..and some human mercenaries gaurding the cellar.A short fracas and we descended into the cellar to be confrounted with real horror.Over 10 poor people were enslaved making garments.Dark damp conditions no pay the children sick.There mothers cowed with fear of the MASTER and faces running with tears
We quickly released there chains and led the women and children to the
light.Families united we took the mother and sister back to Tomy.
On talking she said master was a tall man with horns on his head who said all must be ready for the fair.
Questions awake the FAIR do we buy the products of child labor and slavery for the sake of fashion..if we do shame on those that wear they cannot claim to be goodly.
Who is this Master the man with horns that is linked to the fair?
Why were over 10 innocentwomen and children held for over a week without the gaurdians of order acting.Where were the paladins TOO busy strutting and preening about how hard they work to actual see this horror in their midst.
we must have questions answered I urge a boycott of the fair till these the connection between the sweatshop and the garments to be sold is clarified.
I hope Brahms will post more information aboutthe master he is checking a lead?
Say no to Child Labour resist slavery!!!1
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
RedStorm
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83 EXP: 10 / 83
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really funny,Y cant blame me for something i havent done,this is totaly not right,Y is abusing powers,as well as ruing fun and the fair itself,this "thing" was blamed on me,why? since Y was bored and didn't have what to do,so she goes and blame me for such thing,i ask bri,or any mod to take this action at note,Y cant blame PC for such stuff they havent done,i didnt even have the sylvendale soulstone,i had to walk allway! Y is totaly abusing powers!
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonders at meaning of above there be no names mentined is a guilty conscience or a little collusion worrying someone..something to ponder furthur.

The whole event was well set up and well played by DM there was little violence and good interaction.There was opportunity for those around to play to influence change the story.it is there choice if the just say WTF this aint right F***k this Y..and as such cant complain the outcome really can they???
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen,he cant go and blame a player,when he has done nothing,i done nothing rong,and there is no reson to make such a thing,She used dms powers to spred such thing as well,if it was just rumars it was ok,but she actully made the NPC speak with me as i am a slaver lord,that is not fair,and Y with all the respect i have for him cant just FORCE me to become a slaver,i havent done a thing,as well as the outfits ARE MADE BY THE TRADERS GUILD,not by slaves,He didnt even know,he made a full event with no idea whats he doing,so long for a well based event,M-K you saw it,i was near u,i didnt even vist sylvendale since the whipe,TODAY was my first time,so Y can go blame who ever he wants,this event was a lie,he cant blame PLAYERS ,since PLAYERS actully do stuff,not like NPC's,thats it,all clear..
Eight-Devil
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9 EXP: 6 / 9
 66%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend covered virtually all the details, except the fact that by the time we entered the basement we were joined by another traveller, who upon site the slaves themselves referred to him as "master" - was this a case of mistaken identity?
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see,here we go! Y used dm powers here,without pure facts,i havent done this,and Y is abusing dm powers to make pepole think i did,i really dont know what Y wants from me,but this event has no true facts! as a player i have contrul on my acts,unlike NPC,a dm cant shape me,he can only shape a NPC,thats it.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoth the raven "Nevermore"

Quoth the Kindo "Oh my! Crap my balls!"

I'll put this two ways ...

#1 - It's not exactly wonderful to force a player's hand totally into something which they haven't done and wouldn't do ... and make it all seem like they did it. This could be from the DM side of it, or it could even be players ... etc. Not wonderful, however, doesn't mean totally unallowable ... you will have instances in life where people think you did something you didn't do, for example.

#2 - That said, the DM can pretty much do anything and unless you are inside the DMs brain, you don't know what they are trying to accomplish story wise. You can play along or you can pretty much walk away from it and log off and not play along. Reactions in game such as "WTF, the DM is making me look bad, screw this" or another one I saw yesterday "Looks and smells like a talking NPC to me" don't exactly move matters along in the right direction.
RedStorm
PostSun 04/20/03 12:54pm
not when the dm sends you a pm thats says: "im just teasing with u"  Reply with quote

M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could claim innocence Red you could have claimed a setup a frame.You could have said it was a move to discredit you by a jealous competitor.You could have thought of many many possible variations/ excuses/ escapes.Point is you didnt.There no way he ruined your event people will buy come what may though it allows possibilities to play with peoples ideas.As for blaming you setting you up you did that by not contesting it just saying in various ways how unfair it was.

-George Orwell

Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

not when the dm sends you a pm thats says: "im just teasing with u"

but that was on the docks wasnt it ? not really during the event wasnt it ?

May be next time you go balistic ooc and ruin others rp experince in steat of sending you pm to calm you down i'll just ban you for 10 minutes...

as far as the event is concerned, i think that M-K pretty sumed evrythings up
RedStorm
Elder

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No actully it was when u started the event,dont blur stuff Y,as for the event,u shold have asked me before,since u dont even know a little pips about the outfits
Kindo
PostSun 04/20/03 2:03pm
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: