DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dyso 3.x Changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Dyso 3.x Changes Reply with quote

Well it seems that a read only topic soon fades and can easily be missed so I posting the link to the read only topic for the changes to Dyso 3.x and please make your comments here.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3487

Thanks, let me know what you think. I will do this for all changes.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, mentioned this somewhere else. Regarding the "3 kills tops" rule. What if you get attacked? What if all your three kills has been in defense? And then a fourth guy comes, and attacks you. What will you do? If you attack back, you either die or get banned.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ! good thanks for posting changes ! i liked being informed ! now i got some questions ! (hehe as always)

1. Is the Pk tracker logged in the data base, so you can keep track of who is doing ti rampent

2. any chance we can get the PK tracker to reset, say, if the server is up more then 90 min ?

3. ive noticed New code in the server window, that when i kill some one it says "they had nothing of yours"

is the stealing code working ?
BriHurley
PostFri 04/04/03 2:14pm
Well it is only a ten minute ban...twice as long as death!  Reply with quote

BriHurley

XP
 34%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some problems with time telling on the databse I am currently working on that and there will be a small time limit on it when I get that part fixed. This will also clear the "One Char per Server Restart" it will be one char per "X" amount of time. And yes it is tracked in the database but is ony good per log in.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriHurley wrote:
Well it is only a ten minute ban...twice as long as death!

So let's say I have retaliated to three attackers and won them all. That way I have three kills. And if another guy gets mopsy with me, my choices are to either just stand there, take the beating and die. Or kill him and get banned for ten minutes. It really sounds smudgy to me, but I guess if my choices are to die, lose heaps of cash and exp or just be banned for ten minutes...I would take the ban.
BriHurley
PostFri 04/04/03 2:34pm
Well maybe negotiate instead of killing...(hmm sounds good to me)  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not that easy if you've got a dumbass orc crawling up your back. I mean, if the bashing has already begun, there's no stopping it. If you start running away and yelling "stop stop! let's talk!" you will be taken for a bloody chicken. And fleeing of to no pvp areas is chickengame.

I get you, don't worry. Of course it's always better not to kill anyone. I play like that. But sometimes, it's inevitable to fight to death. And that makes you end up with the choices above. Die, or get banned.

(I am jsut saying, that this situation will happen some times. For sure. But it's a good way to stop reckless killings. And other changes are good. As always, I appreciate your work, Bri. icon_smile.gif )
BriHurley
PostFri 04/04/03 2:43pm
Ask them to follow you to an arena? And settle it like men!  Reply with quote

Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the hafling filter

if character_race_attribute=hafling
{
get_char_txt_ouput(strings) => txt
if txt="I'm not a theif" then lie°1(bool)=1
if character_attribute = rogue then lie°2(bool)=1
if character_gold >= 30000 lie°3(bool)=1
if lie°1&lie°2&lie3=1 kick player
}
icon_lol.gif (just kiddind)
Marine436
Lamer

Level: 34
XP
EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124 EXP: 75 / 124
 60%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ask them to follow you to an arena? And settle it like men!

ORC

he said ORC's

I doubt a orc is going to setteal it like a man

Kindo brings up a good point, but it's good tempeory Fix

let's test it, untill it screws up
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it's good the way it is. Think of thsi way, how much chance is there that you will kill 3 people in self-defense in 90 minutes? Almost no chance at all, so it's still good to defend yourself, because(unless you're working with a griefer, go report THAT to a DM) you wil not get those 3 kills anyway. And if you do, it's only ten minutes. Ten minutes isn't much, actually, it's almost nothing. Live with it, unless you want griefers and other players like that to become more active again...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only concern is if a war or something similar between players breaks out. Say two rival factions get into a large fight, a mage on one side casts chain lighting killing 6 of the enemies who were already badly wounded. That mage is immediatley gone from the battle. I see up sides and down sides to it, either way I'm going to keep playing.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Added a PK tracker-if you pk more than 3 times during server uptime you get a ten minute ban.

This does have one flaw, if a War breaks out everyone will end up being banned.....The system in Rebirth had it so if you PK during a War or an Assassination then it does not count towards your kill thingy. Whether u PKED in a war or not was determined by whether the PK was done inside a Guild HQ, such a thing is not possible in 3.xa as there are no guild HQs....making Wars and RP battle between PCs, and the general Roleplay Player Politics useless. I would suggest eliminating this aspect of 3.xa for the time being untill proper Guild Forts can be added similar to that of Rebirth.

Glorin
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Malakalam
PostFri 04/04/03 10:09pm
Heh, the halflings mob now has the power to get you banned for 10min by sacrificing some XP and gold. <sarcasm>yay
</sarcasm>

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember people will attack in groups, say you are a Cleric or Wizard and are approached by 3 rogues who pickpocket or attack you for some odd reason, You kill all 3 of them but then ur gone. Lamers could easily exploit this by doing things similar to this, i feel it detracts from the RP. Shadowcore the reason you say u dont kill that many people in 90 minutes is well....your char is a pacifist, a peacemaker of course you hardly kill anyone. Such instances as the 3 rogues will and still are very common with various renegade rogue organizations running around, like the scamps and LoS.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Nei
PostSat 04/05/03 6:21am
Hey now the Scamps are not a renegade rogue organization.  Reply with quote

BriHurley

XP
 34%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*__________________________________________________________________*
Here is the new changes effective 4/19/2003
1) Added some stuff to the database for tracking, Class Level, Class, Race, ALignment, (Tradeskills)
2) Currently Foresting and Cooking tradeskills is now tracked in the database. But you will still receive tokens(can't remove them without wipe). These tokens will basically just be a reference on your skill level. But be warned if they are stolen(eventhough they are not suppose to be) you loose those levels. I am working on this fix....be patient. These changes look small but it is well over 30 hours of coding. These changes will track all future tradeskills.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

These changes look small but it is well over 30 hours of coding. These changes will track all future tradeskills.

30 hours of coding!? Yowza! You mean 30 hours of FIGURING, right? That would have to be one UBER DUBER script for just that... yikes! Hmm... and I see absolutely no problem with the new PK tracker, OTHER than the war thing. I have seen a good number of them since I first joined in August.... icon_rolleyes.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's a bad mother-..."
"Shut yo' mouth!"
"Just talkin' 'bout Bri."
bow.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kindo
PostSun 04/20/03 7:38pm
He should get payed for all the time he's spending on this thing.  Reply with quote

Marine436
PostSun 04/20/03 7:53pm
urath online tryed that....it works...but you lose alot of players....and the feeling of heart of the game  Reply with quote

BriHurley
PostMon 04/21/03 2:57am
It is illegal to charge to play NWN games/mods. That is why we accept donations...if you wish to donate please do so....  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have to get off my lazy butt, go to the post office and send you people 20 bucks for making this brilliant game. I love you all, and I will show it as soon as I can.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostMon 04/21/03 5:04pm
i had money to spend but now i have to buy a PA system and all that stuff...so any money i have left over from that goes to dyso  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostMon 04/21/03 6:38pm
Okay now we've seriously derailed this topic. We went from Dyso changes to paying Bri to Glorin buying his Pa a system for something. Stop it.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: